“OMG THIS PLACE IS STRONGER THAN ALL STROMS (WHAT A DUMP)!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oceanic Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Oceanic Hotel
Ranked #41 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“OMG THIS PLACE IS STRONGER THAN ALL STROMS (WHAT A DUMP)!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Please do not stay at this hotel it's the worse.....Old carpet that still has the smell from hurricane Sandy, the mildew and mold made me and my family ill. This is not even a place you would want to rest your head or wash your face, the wash rags I mean dirty towels I would not use on my puppy. We find kmart and brought a blanket and towels. The bed felt like we were sleeping on the box spring and rocks and smelled like old feet. This place is so old they are still using Phillips and Magnavox televisions with the big backs and it was placed on top of a nasty frigidaire and nailed to the ceiling. Beware the short little men at the front deskt is aBIG FAT LIAR and the women they use as security should truly be tested. There was one plus for this hotel they offer a excellent pool party on Saturdays and have great hot wings. The bar (THE DJ IS AWEOME) but, what can I say this entire place is BAD.

I have never in all my life seen such a mess this hotel should be closed. This place is under new ownership and the new owners are BUMS.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anita W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Booked a room here THEN looked at the reviews. almost cancelled my reservation.

We had an oceanfront room with a balcony that was on the second floor right over the bar.. had absolutely zero issues with noise the whole time we were there - besides the a/c unit that kept making this weird farting noise, but it worked, so we just giggled every 10 minutes and got over it.

The room was clean enough. Some weird stains on the carpet, which happens I get it. the bathroom needed a major renovation. You had to sit sideways on the toilet or else your legs wouldn't fit, and I'm 5'2".

Parking was down the road maybe a full block, but it wasn't the worst.. otherwise you have to park in a lot where you might get stuck behind another car, which is insane.

Overall, the Oceanic was definitely an OK place to stay. Not sure if I'd recommend or go again, but for the location and the fact that it was reasonably clean, I guess it could have been worse.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BelAir, Md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My daughter and family with my 5 Grandchildren ( ages 15 - 5 - 4 - 2 - 10mos ) had a great stay. The rooms were clean and the location was great. The pool was clean and kids enjoyed the music
. Exceeded my expectations. A great value and we will visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: North facing 1st floor rooms are all windows on outside wall - Loved the stay. Noise was not an issu...
Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Hotel was clean, location is perfect(you can bypass walking half the beach by using the ramp at the convention center). Front desk was always personable and accommodating. We were concerned about the pool issue as posted by previous reviews, however we did not have an issue, we had 3 girls ages 7,12,13 and the kids LOVED this place. Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom ocean view room with a full kitchen.
1 Thank parrotthead21974
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I (2 adults, 2 children) and our friends (again 2 adults, 2 children) stayed here Sunday through Wednesday August 4-9 in the "B" rooms. When we made the reservation, we requested adjoining rooms but when we got there we found that our rooms were one above the other.

Our rooms: My family stayed on the third floor at the end of the hall. We had a beautiful view from our balcony of the park, the convention center, and part of the boardwalk. The furniture was desperately in need of updating as the bathrooms, the mismatched chairs and the light fixtures came straight out of the '70s. We were afraid to open the pull out sofa as it looked dirty and old. The toilet was loose and not bolted properly to the floor. In all fairness, we didn't bother notifying the staff about the toilet; we just dealt with it. The beds were comfortable.

My friends' room on the second floor had ants but at least their sofa came from the '90s and they had flat-screen televisions. Neither room had a phone available which I find to be a safety issue.

The staff was friendly and accommodating and the pool was nice and warm. My husband and I were able to enjoy a cocktail at the swim up tiki bar while keeping an eye on our children who were swimming in the pool. We ordered nachos and chicken wings as well as some kids' meals for lunch one day and the food was just ok and it took an hour to get it. I wanted to use the laundry room as promised on the web site but I was told it was "broken."

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if they updated the rooms a bit and added phones and security cameras. I don't think I would bring my family here on the weekends as the bar and pool are open to the public and there are no phones or security cameras.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robin M
Middletown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our church Youth Group was stranded recently in Wildwood because of an unexpected severe storm. We were to camp on the beach in Wildwood for the weekend, but we had to abandon most of our camping gear til the storm passed-- then we had to find a place which would accommodate 17 Teens and Adults for two nights. We knew nothing about the Oceanic Hotel, but the staff was able to handle our emergency stay. Being displaced by the storm, the Staff and Management of the Hotel not only accommodated us with rooms which fit our needs, but compassionately helped us with our gear which we were able to get off the beach. It was a long walk between the hotel and our beach conference but each night we had a roof over our heads, hot showers and something you can't buy....or rent....a Staff who took care of business & took care of us and an interest in our situation. We were very grateful and will return again. Youth Group from Middletown, NJ.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Ok first this place is dirty. We found dirty old lady bathing suits in the dresser. Than the pool !! The pool is by far the worst. The tiki bar is in side the pool which is open too the public. Soo you have drunks jumping around being wild and the girls bikini look more like thongs. On our last day we couldnt find the laptop and finally found it under the bed and none of us put it there. Only other person in the toom was the maid. We think she tryed hiding it too steal it. The only thing i can say good about this place is the owner bob. Hes very friendly and help us with everything.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank inlove21207

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels