“Great place and wonderful staff”
Review of Oceanic Hotel

Oceanic Hotel
Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“Great place and wonderful staff”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The oceanic hotel.in wildwood is a great place to stay. They have a new hotel manger and she is excellent all the staff are nice and the room was beaufiful because i was on the 3rd floor with balcony and ocean view. I would deffenitly stay here again all because of the hotel manager Kathy....... so book you. Reservations today....609-522-6500

• Stayed April 2014
ManagerOceanicHotel, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you very much. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Every year we go to Wildwood for a few days and usually stay at a different hotel out of tradition but this year we decided to change that. This hotel was a good choice. Although the rooms are a little dated, the service from everyone here was top notch. They really know how to go above and beyond to take care of their customers. Very convenient bar at both the downstairs and also the pool (even a swim up one!) Nice big hot tub, the location is excellent and they have their own lot for parking. I would recommend it for anyone staying in Wildwood.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Alex-C-Photos
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we had a nice time the rooms are nice we had a small kitchen in the room witch was very he when we have two small children. we loved the pool also very clean my kids loved it. I would definitely stay here again. Also my first room was kinda small for us so they upgraded us to a bigger room.

Room Tip: if you have kids make sure for ask for a room with a kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Location is good being right across the street from the convention center and boardwalk but this hotel is old and dingy. It desperately needs updating. We didn't expect much but the room is small, the TV is old and attached at the ceiling and the furniture is old and beat up. Check in was 3 but we could not check in until almost 5. Lady at the front desk seemed overwhelmed and unprofessional. There was an employee smoking inside of the lobby. Luckily we were only there for one night. The "tiki bar" is lame. If you want a cheesy old place to go along with your whole Jersey shore experience, this motel is perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tara J

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Please do not stay at this hotel it's the worse.....Old carpet that still has the smell from hurricane Sandy, the mildew and mold made me and my family ill. This is not even a place you would want to rest your head or wash your face, the wash rags I mean dirty towels I would not use on my puppy. We find kmart and brought a blanket and towels. The bed felt like we were sleeping on the box spring and rocks and smelled like old feet. This place is so old they are still using Phillips and Magnavox televisions with the big backs and it was placed on top of a nasty frigidaire and nailed to the ceiling. Beware the short little men at the front deskt is aBIG FAT LIAR and the women they use as security should truly be tested. There was one plus for this hotel they offer a excellent pool party on Saturdays and have great hot wings. The bar (THE DJ IS AWEOME) but, what can I say this entire place is BAD.

I have never in all my life seen such a mess this hotel should be closed. This place is under new ownership and the new owners are BUMS.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anita W
New York
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Booked a room here THEN looked at the reviews. almost cancelled my reservation.

We had an oceanfront room with a balcony that was on the second floor right over the bar.. had absolutely zero issues with noise the whole time we were there - besides the a/c unit that kept making this weird farting noise, but it worked, so we just giggled every 10 minutes and got over it.

The room was clean enough. Some weird stains on the carpet, which happens I get it. the bathroom needed a major renovation. You had to sit sideways on the toilet or else your legs wouldn't fit, and I'm 5'2".

Parking was down the road maybe a full block, but it wasn't the worst.. otherwise you have to park in a lot where you might get stuck behind another car, which is insane.

Overall, the Oceanic was definitely an OK place to stay. Not sure if I'd recommend or go again, but for the location and the fact that it was reasonably clean, I guess it could have been worse.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BelAir, Md
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My daughter and family with my 5 Grandchildren ( ages 15 - 5 - 4 - 2 - 10mos ) had a great stay. The rooms were clean and the location was great. The pool was clean and kids enjoyed the music
. Exceeded my expectations. A great value and we will visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: North facing 1st floor rooms are all windows on outside wall - Loved the stay. Noise was not an issu...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family