“Nice hotel but good luck getting advertised rate....”
Review of Oceanic Hotel

and 1 more site!
Oceanic Hotel
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Longtime visitor to the Oceanic but this past visit I had a bad experience. The motel advertised a price of $95 a night for selected weeks, however when I called back in July to book the room, was told because of concert events rates are subject to change and for the week of August 24-29th, the price increased to $125 a night. I checked the convention center website thinking OK, since they are right across the street from the convention center that makes sense they charge more when headline groups or conventioneers are in town, but to my dismay there were no conventioneers or headline groups that week. I called back to explain this but was told the concerts are the ones held on the beach during the season. Are you kidding me?? Your going to charge extra for events held by the City? What's next a little girl twirling a baton and marching down the street dressed in red, white and blue and you going to call that a parade just to charge more $$$ ??????? Believe me, the tiki and pool bar (probably only hotel in Wildwood with a POOL BAR !, yes 1) and friendly staff are great, but when does the customer get what is advertised.......Caveat Emptor. ps......Kathy, one of the hotel managers is terrific........very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make people happy and comfortable.........nice the hotel lets you swim in the heated pool til 11pm too....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curtis G
Paul C, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Sorry to hear about your experience with pricing, Curtis. While prices do fluctuate depending on seasons and events, we always want to be forthcoming and informative when guests have questions about them. Knowing that we disappointed a longtime guest of ours is something we're very upset about.We encourage you to reach out more directly with your concerns.

It's great, however, to know that Kathy took such great care of you during your stay. We'll definitely be passing on your compliments to her.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After spending a week in Puerto Rico and wanted to spend my final week at the jersey shore so my little girls could enjoy a week of the beach and rides I shore had a surprise. Upon arrival I was not to thrilled. First and foremost, get rid of the woman you have working the evenings. She isn't friendly and does t give full details. I grasp a better understanding of Kathy checking in another couple while I was waiting behind them to be helped for a different reason.
Honestly, speaking of friendly the only person who I really found friendly, helpful and pleasant was Michelle. Michelle was in charge of housekeeping. She would come in daily to clean the rooms.

I wasn't looking for a five star resort but let me tell you, the place is a mess. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling. The shower head sprays water all over the place and clearly has been doing this forever as indicated by the crusty rusted water stains in the molding and ceiling of the bathroom shower. The hotel itself is not dirty, but it is not well kept. It needs updating. And yes, it smells. I don't know exactly what it is and for as long as I was there I could jot understand what or where the smell came from.

It is not family friendly at all. The atmosphere is very busy/crowded most if not all of the time, in fact they allow outsiders over 21 to pay a daily fee to make use of their pool facilities whereas other hotels only allow their facilities for their guests.

I was not happy at all with my stay and I won't be returning. I'll spend the extra money, I'll walk the extra block or two.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Marissa G
Paul C, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

We apologize that you were not happy with your stay, Marissa. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and attended to during their stay -- to know you didn't experience this is upsetting. We will definitely be talking with our staff about how to properly check-in and assist guests -- something that should be second nature. As for your room's state, we would have been happy to move you and your family to another if we had any available.

Further, we take the safety of our guests extremely seriously. We're sorry if you felt like you and your family could not be comfortable in our pool area. We'll definitely take your concerns into consideration.

Thanks,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family has been coming to this hotel for 10 years and we love it!!! The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. We love the location and the swim up bar and jacuzzi is in my opinion the best part and the bands are really good!!! Can't wait for next summer!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

It's wonderful to hear that you've been staying with us for so long! Knowing that you always enjoy being our guest is fantastic and your compliments make everything we do worthwhile. We can't wait to have you back next summer.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a great family hotel!!! The rooms were very clean. We had a bedroom, , living room and a kitchen area. Very roomy for a family of 5. The staff was so friendly. The pool was very nice. The location was great, just across from the Convention Center!!!! Across the street from the beach.I can't wait to return next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We can't wait for you to come back! We're so happy to hear what a wonderful time you and your family had with us. They say location is everything, so it's awesome that you enjoyed ours -- being able to walk everywhere is great!

See you next year,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Awesome hotel great location loved the tiki bar always great getting drinks in the pool and Fred the manager is always happy and helpful, as well as the rest of the staff all in all we really enjoyed our stay we would go back when ever we are in town

• Stayed: August 2014

The tiki bar is a great way to cool down and have a break from the beach -- we're so happy you enjoyed it. Be sure that we'll be passing on your compliments to Fred, as well as the rest of our staff working during your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This review is not for the hotel as I never stayed here but I wanted to review the bar and the tiki bar as we came here a couple of times. The tiki bar has a swim up bar and really good frozen drinks. On Sunday, they had a great band, Johnny Rockets. The music was great and the atmosphere is really fun if you are tired of going to the beach. Great place!
We also went to the indoor bar a couple of times as they also had good, live entertainment that started relatively early. The bartenders were friendly and very attentive too. Convenient location. All in all, a great place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MariaSci44
Paul C, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Happy to know you enjoyed our Tiki Bar, Maria! It's definitely a great way to get a break from the beach, while still enjoying the beautiful Wildwood weather. Nothing is more refreshing than a good frozen drink while your wading in the water! We're also pleased to know you enjoyed our scheduled live entertainment. The next time you come to Wildwood, you should consider staying at our hotel!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Where to start, hmmm?? .I booked this hotel because the one we usually stay at was full. This was our 6th summer trip to Wildwood, but I didn't recall seeing this hotel or remembering it. I read the reviews and they were mixed, but they had a room available and we figured we'd take the chance, not my best decision. We stayed Wednesday thru Sunday for a price of $800.00 total. We were in what is referred to as a B/C room and it stated no balcony or view. I assumed we would be able to see something, but there was only 1 very small window which was up against the hotel next door making for a dark, depressing and claustrophobic room that felt like we were in a box! The air conditioner worked, thank God, but the room was stuffy and the carpet was damp.....wear shoes at all times and do not put your bags on the floor and be prepared to continue to wear a wet bathing suit because nothing dries inside the room. We had a pull out couch, but did NOT use it, as the couch was stained, smelled and was not at all comfortable. We also went to WalMart and purchased pillows....they're $3.50 each and $2.00 pillow cases, worth the price to know they were clean and at least provided an alternative to the very old, flat ones provided. Also considered buying new towels too, but we made do. The wifi did not work in the room, only at the front desk....and no, to the woman at the desk, there was not something wrong with my computer or iPad. Also, no phone in the room.....strange??? The entire hotel smelled like mildew, but thankfully did not see any mold. The pool, according to my kids, was dirty and the bottom felt "slimy". Also, because there is a bar at the pool, which is open to the public, it is not kid or family friendly, thanks to the people who should have taken what they were doing up to their room!! I know it is an old hotel, as most are in Wildwood, but for $800, i expected a bit more. Definitely NOT worth the price they are charging. Really needs renovations, or at least replacement and updating and maybe a good cleaning. Save your money!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lynn D

We're so sorry to hear you weren't more pleased with your stay, Lynn. While we know our hotel is older, we work hard to make sure it's clean, and that all our guest's needs are met. While during a busy week we can't move guests to different rooms easily, we can provide more pillows, different linens, or other towels if requested. That being said, we're sorry you weren't able to enjoy our pool more, and we can definitely look in to your feedback about the bottom being slimy -- this is concerning since we regularly clean it.

Reviews like yours are always helpful as we continue to try and improve every guests' experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this.

Take care,