“Location, location!”

Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Morris County, New Jersey
“Location, location!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

You can't beat the location of this hotel- you are literally steps away from the beach/boardwalk and restaurants. We stayed for 3 days and never used the car! You avoid the hassle of paying to park to get onto the boardwalk, etc.

I was a little concerned about the quality of motel when I booked. I went for a cheap place because money was tight this year, and I'm used to staying at the pricier hotels of Wildwood Crest. But the room was clean and had enough space. The fellow guests of the motel were polite and were mostly families- there was no late night noise! My only criticism is that they need to update the bathrooms! It's obviously a 1950s motel so the pink toilet is par for the course, but the toilet barely flushed and was cracked. The showerheads didn't work so well either. But, I would come back! You come here for the beaches- not the bathrooms!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2013

What else can I say that hasn't been said? This property was built in 1961, and the rooms are SMALL, but, there is awesomeness all around. Although small, the rooms are CLEAN, upgraded with flat screen TVs, tile floors, and retro decor. Bathrooms are tiny, but function well. Micro and fridge in room. There is a music speaker built into the wall from the 60's, too bad that doesn't work! Staff is very pleasant. No pool, but a cool sundeck.

Room Tip: Ask for room 17, right in front of the Sundeck!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank classicdj
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been coming to Wildwood for years. Over the last several years we had been staying at another motel in the area, which is not bad. This was a spontaneous trip for my daughter and I. Normally the entire family will come but this was a mother-daughter get-away, a girls weekend. When we walked in and looked around, I was very impressed, bathroom was extremly clean, room was very nice, flatscreen tv and staff was very friendly and accomodating. The fact that there was no pool didn't bother us, we just enjoyed the room, the boardwalk and beach. Not to mention the location is steps away from the boardwalk!!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alice P
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Last summer and the summber before we stayed and this hotel and it was great. The price is great and all the extra you get are great too. Both times we stayed there we got free ticket to Chula Vista water park and last year on top of that they gave us free tickets to Mt.Olympus water park. Last year our original plan was to stay 4 days/ 3 nights but by them giving us the
free Mt.Olympus tickets we ended up staying another night. The staff at the hotel are great very friendly and always willing to answer question. I have told many of my co-workers about this hotel and they have stayed there and loved it too. We are planning another trip this summer and we will be more than likely staying at the Monaco again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor a few door down from the desk. It was nice because we were right by the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My wife and I took our brief getaway on May 10, and did we ever pick a wonderful motel to stay! Clean room, nice flat-screen telly, sunbrightened deck, HBO and a decent range of cable, working fridge and AC. And yes, the bathrooms really ARE that tiny. But hey, this is a Doo Wop motel, part of the Wildwoods Shore Resort Historic District. This place has been restored and is part of an overall effort to preserve an architectural style.
Pam and Penny, our hosts, are friendly and very helpful--and even had a quick-charge "lipstick" style device to help rescue my dead iPhone.
Clean sheets and towels, the room smelled fresh when we arrived.
The boardwalk is a short walk away--like, maybe 120 paces eastward. Location is fantastic--the Monaco's at the southern end of the Wildwood boards--Wildwood Crest, where the boardwalk ends, is about five blocks south of here; you've got an entire boardwalk to roam heading northward. Wildwood's Doo Wop museum is two blocks away, and the half-scale Vietnam War Memorial is not much farther away.
I recommend this motel to anyone looking for a well-positioned location, a comfortable bed, and a truly customer-oriented place to stay while in Wildwood.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Haskell, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2013

When we stayed at the Monaco we had a great experance with the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. Pam and Penny, the ladies who helped run the motel, were very nice and just loved to talk to you. Another great thing about the Monaco was that it was very close to the boardwalk, 100ft and you're on the boardwalk. My father and I will love to go to the Monaco every year for the Firemen's convention.

Room Tip: If you're just going there to go there all the rooms are excellent, but if you have a big family...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My friend Rich and I stayed here October 14-16 2012 and Pam and Penny the ladies who help run this motel are 2 of the most nicest people I ever had a pleasure meeting. We stayed in room 12. The place was very clean. Pam and Penny helped us by telling us some restaurants to go to etc. We loved their cat Sara which was so cute. This motel was in ideal location. I would recomend this motel to anyone who plans on going to Wildwood,NJ. My friend Rich and I will be back at this motel in June 2013. I have included a picture of Pam and Penny for this review. I am also going try to get them AAA award.

Room Tip: Great Motel for anyone who wants a place with above normal stands.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends