“The Monaco is the whole package!”
Review of Monaco Motel

Monaco Motel
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 9 October 2013

First time to Wildwood and it was such a great experience at the Monaco. The Monaco far exceeding my expectations with its cleanliness, exceptional staff ready to accommodate my every need, and location to everything one could want on vacation. I am already planning my next trip and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Monaco Motel

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have to start out by saying that my family and I had planned to come on a Monday but lost our car keys, which made for a really late start. I called the Monaco to see if we could come the next day and extend our stay, fully expecting some sort of up-charge. To my surprise the man on the fun was very friendly about the whole thing and found us rooms for our new dates. Check in was smooth and easy. The rooms were VERY clean. And the beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I'd ever slept in. I slept very well both nights we were there. The rooms are on the smaller side but, still nice and modern with a flat screen tv and good channels. One of my favorite things about this motel was the location. Your right on the boardwalk but don't get the noise. There is also a Rite Aid less than a block away. Although my stay was short this year, I will be back again to stay longer!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Relana J
Reviewed 6 August 2013

So we just went to Wildwood for the very first time for a family mini vacation. My daughter's and I checked in on Wednesday evening. My husband was on his way down on Thursday morning. He even called to inform the motel that he was coming with another car. No one told him about having only one car parked there. He parked behind me went into the office to inform them that he was there. They told him that he cant park there and that if he leaves his car there that they will tow it.The lady behind the desk said to park behind the Motel. Well this guy behind the Motel wanted to charge us $50.00 per day to park there. I don't think so. My husband went back to the Motel office and requested to speak to the owner/manager of the place. The lady working behind the desk called the manager however he had piss poor customer service. He REFUSED to speak to my husband about trying to work something out. So the lady behind the desk gave my husband the phone number to the property mgnt company that runs Wildwood. Caroline suggested that my husband park the car at their office building a few blocks away from the motel free of charge.

The rooms are very small. Here I am paying extra for Type B room with kitchenette that includes a two-burner cook-top, microwave oven, coffee maker, and toaster.
The kitchen sinks knobs to the water broke off, the fridge smelled each time you opened the door.
Bathroom is very, very out dated. I am a tiny female and I could not even get out of the shower to have standing room without hitting my leg on the toilet or arm on the sink. No room in the bath room at all. The shower was horrible. You ran it for a shower and the tub filled up with the plug opened.
They will not change your towels everyday unless you contact the office. I say your a motel theses things should be changed daily. I dont care if you say your trying to conserve water or not.

Then our youngest daughter went to the office to see if they had a pair of scissors for them to cut a tag off her bracelet that she was wearing out to a nice dinner that night and the guy ended up cutting the string to her bracelet letting all the beads fall off into her hand. She was heart broken that he just cut her brand new bracelet she had gotten for her birthday. Then he told her go ask your Dad to tie it back together for you. Are you kidding me???

I was happy that we were only staying there for another night at this point.

I would say please avoid this motel. I think the owner/manager needs to take some Customer Services training or classes on how to be more professional. Refusing to speak to a customer is very unprofessional. I will NEVER return to this motel again. And I will make sure I get the word out to my friends and family who frequently go to Wildwood each year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Tiffany F
Monacomotel, Front Office Manager at Monaco Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for your review. It's unfortunate there was some parking confusion. We do state on our website that there is only parking for 1 car and we do our best to accommodate our guests. I'm glad that you where able to park nearby free of charge.

I'm sorry you where not pleased with your room. We pride ourselves in making sure the rooms are kept clean. All our rooms have been renovated over the last few years in keeping with the Doo Wop Style period of it's time. The new spreads, curtains and interior colors, etc. where all professionally approved by our designer that has great knowledge of the 1950's and 60's. I'm sorry if you didn't find this appealing. It's unfortunate the desk clerk inadvertently cut your daughter's bracelet, this was an accident and the desk clerk was very sorry about that.

All of us at the Monaco Motel appreciate your review and we will try even harder to make our guests stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My SO and I stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. I read great reviews about this place but it wasn't what I expected. I was a little disappointed considering the high price tag.This is your typical motel room. It's outdated, dark, no microwave , no closet and the bathroom is super small! And quite honestly I was a little skeeved out by the tub and wore flip flop in the shower. However,The location is amazing ! You can literally walk onto the beach in 100 ft. And the staff was friendly. If you like the old style motel feel this is the place for you. I'm more into the modern feel and this didn't do it for me.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tatiana C
Reviewed 17 July 2013

You can't beat the location of this hotel- you are literally steps away from the beach/boardwalk and restaurants. We stayed for 3 days and never used the car! You avoid the hassle of paying to park to get onto the boardwalk, etc.

I was a little concerned about the quality of motel when I booked. I went for a cheap place because money was tight this year, and I'm used to staying at the pricier hotels of Wildwood Crest. But the room was clean and had enough space. The fellow guests of the motel were polite and were mostly families- there was no late night noise! My only criticism is that they need to update the bathrooms! It's obviously a 1950s motel so the pink toilet is par for the course, but the toilet barely flushed and was cracked. The showerheads didn't work so well either. But, I would come back! You come here for the beaches- not the bathrooms!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed 11 July 2013

What else can I say that hasn't been said? This property was built in 1961, and the rooms are SMALL, but, there is awesomeness all around. Although small, the rooms are CLEAN, upgraded with flat screen TVs, tile floors, and retro decor. Bathrooms are tiny, but function well. Micro and fridge in room. There is a music speaker built into the wall from the 60's, too bad that doesn't work! Staff is very pleasant. No pool, but a cool sundeck.

Room Tip: Ask for room 17, right in front of the Sundeck!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank classicdj
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been coming to Wildwood for years. Over the last several years we had been staying at another motel in the area, which is not bad. This was a spontaneous trip for my daughter and I. Normally the entire family will come but this was a mother-daughter get-away, a girls weekend. When we walked in and looked around, I was very impressed, bathroom was extremly clean, room was very nice, flatscreen tv and staff was very friendly and accomodating. The fact that there was no pool didn't bother us, we just enjoyed the room, the boardwalk and beach. Not to mention the location is steps away from the boardwalk!!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family