“Decent place”

and 1 more site!
Newport Beach Resort
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in a two room motel suite. Great location. Everything was clean and the service was fine. Nothing to complain about, but nothing to brag about it. Biggest downfall-a little outdated, sliding doors are really hard to open. Best thing-location and the view. It's really beautiful in the morning if you're facing the ocean. I will go back to the Newport.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Newport Beach Resort

Reviewed 22 May 2012

my family and i planned a vaca, trip to wildwood last yr . we did all of our "reviewing" of hotels ect and decided on newport beach resort. after reading some reviews .. we were a bit worried . we checked into the room we had the large efficiency 2bedroom full kitchen full bath full living area on the 1st floor poolside . the room was great!! we had a mishap with the ac at first but they fixed that n o problem . all in all it was a great stay nd everyone was very friendly! as far as comments about being dirty nd bed bugs nd nonscence .. thats bull in short terms. we actually booked for another week for this july and were excited ! this place it so convenient as well . ! ty so much for making our vacation great!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

It seems like everyone from NJ has a preferred "shore" that they always go to, I guess it would be where they went as a kid and where their families go to. Ours was always Seaside Heights. But when I got this email deal for the Newport Beach Resort in Wildwood, I decided to give it a shot. It said it was 50% off the regular price, for a 3-day weekend in April. We got an oceanfront 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette, which was the perfect size for our family of four.

Check in was 2pm on Friday. We arrived around 1:30pm, no problems at all finding the place. It is RIGHT across from the convention center and it's right on the corner of Rio Grande Ave., which is basically one of the main roads in WIldwood. You can't miss it. There were 2 nice women doing the check ins. They told me right off the bat that this was the first weekend the motel was open this year and they were still working out some "kinks" and to please be patient. We had no problems checking in though, they gave us our room keys and remotes for the tv (you have to return them when you check out but they didn't make us leave a deposit as other reviewers stated).

Immediately upon entering our room on the second floor... we took the steps by the way, the elevator takes forever, the smoke detector was beeping. The battery needed to be replaced. Then after settling in for a few minutes and putting things away, we tried to put the tv on for the kids. There was an error message on it from the cable company saying there's a problem with your service and to call this 800 number. So on our next trip downstairs, we stopped in the office to tell them of both problems. They said it would be taken care of asap. Well, long story short... it wasn't until about 4 or 5 hours later and us having asked the office 3 more times, that we tracked down a maintenance guy ourselves and asked him for a battery for the smoke detector. (Try putting a 2 year old down for a nap with that thing beeping every minute!) But the maintenance guy couldn't fix the tv problem. He said that had to be done by management. Later that evening, we were told it would be fixed first thing in the morning by the manager.

The next morning, still no tv. And in conversation with our neighbors in the room next door, they told us they had the same problem, but someone came to their room at 1am to fix it. We asked at the office again, and they said it would be handled shortly. Eventually, sometime that afternoon on our second day there, it was fixed. Also, the kitchenette was missing some things that I would consider to be basic essentials. There was no frying pan, just two small pots. And no spatula. I guess you are only supposed to use the stovetop to boil water! The beds were extremely hard. But on the good side, things seemed to be pretty clean. Or maybe it just seemed that way because the one bedroom had next to no light at all and if you tried to open the curtains on the window for natural light, the window was frosted and no light could come in anyway. Oh and the shower head... it looked like a hose! And the water came spraying out in every direction and soaked the floor. Not good :(

One morning, I could hear a few of the housekeepers right outside our door complaining about some other guests and how messy their rooms were. And that none of them even cared to leave the maids a tip and how rude that was. I couldn't believe how unprofessional this was and that they were discussing things like this where other guests could easily hear them. I would have mentioned it to the office staff when we checked out. But Sunday night they left a note on the door saying they wouldn't be back until 8am Monday. We went to check out at 9:30am Monday and there was a different note on the door saying they left the office and would be back later. When is later? Check out time is 10am. I had to leave my keys and remotes with the housekeeper. Now she's going to expect an even bigger tip!! :)

So overall, it wasn't horrible. But I don't think we'll be back. I'm glad we only paid half price. But maybe next time I want to go down the shore, I'll go back to Seaside and stick with the places there that I know.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KristenJovi
Reviewed 10 March 2012

we have been going to Newport for A few years now. Last year was the worst. You knew most of the housekeepers werent doing their job at all. I know because thats what I do for a living. I also left a few tell tale signs that all they did was trash n towels. So we did complain and were told there will be updates this year. We plan on going back in april. So I will let you know in my next rating.

Room Tip: ocean front not next to the elevator. too loud
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2011

When we first started coming to Wildwood many years ago when my children were young and now grown, we stayed at various motels and never found one we enjoyed as we do here at Newport Beach Resort. Now my husband and I still come to Wildwood with our children and now grandchildren, and we have been staying at the Newport Beach Resort for years now, as often as three times a year. We were due to leave tomorrow morning, but due to the hurricane and the mandatory evacuation, it has set us back a day or two, but hopefully we will be able to leave as soon as it is lifted. This is the first time we ever took a two week vacation and of all the luck, needless to say we are a little disappointed, but as soon as this weather advisory is lifted, we are on our way. We have been keeping an eye on the storm and to see what is going on in New Jersey and I just happen to come upon these reviews, so I felt compelled to let everyone know it is one of the best in. Wildwood. The staff is very friendly, more than willing to accommodate us and our needs. If we have any issues they are right there to make our stay a pleasurable one. We have never had an issue with the cleanliness of the room, the linens are always fresh and clean, not to mention the beds are always very comfortable, never once had a bad experience here. From the desk clerk, to the housekeepers, to the maintenance, they have always given us prompt attention if needed. As far as noise, if that is an issue you should had notified them, the management strives for customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The nicest thing about this hotel is the excelent location.
We got the unit 501, it was okay. We were 4, but we didn't have things enough for 4 people.
One of the girls that works there said they are going to start updating some things in the hotel. Since she said that I will give it a try and go back again to see how it is.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kyms777
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This place is a dump! It is filled with bed bugs. So upsetting. We checked out in the middle of the night. It is a real shame because the location is prime.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family