“horrible...VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!”

Newport Beach Resort
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 11 August 2013

2 of the 3 days we were here the elevator was broken....we're on the FIFTH FLOOR!!!! no one is ever at the desk ... uncomfortable OLD beds ..OLD OUTDATED T.V.....no lights in the room...lamps not plugged in...no outlets.....other guests were GHETTO, smoking weed on balcony..screaming drinking...NO AMMENITIES ...no coffee pot...no "extras"....only one flat pillow per sleeping area. BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS! BETTER YET....STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank angelbaby1264

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This motel has to be the worst I have ever seen in my life. First the rooms arw dirty and beds fill like bricks. It is very unsafe for kids and has fill of home at all. Only good is the staff. And feom being in management almost 20 yrs . I understand how to you have to work with things that are of your control but the owner is too cheap to fix. Dont go here.

3  Thank honda7781
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have only 2 words to describe it: bed bugs!!!!!!

Stayed there for one night and had to move to another hotel.
Never got an apology from them.
$189 per night plus tax! And all I got was a sleepless night and a few bites!
Never stay there!
There are multiple hotels in the area, they are not the only one with a good view.

7  Thank Carol0829
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My girlfriend her mother and I checked in mon. By tue night I started to notice what at first glance looked to be a mosquito bite. It wasn't. I had this problem before and upon inspection of the mattress my fear became reality. BED BUGS. Unable to sleep I went down to the office to find no one working and a sign that said back at 8am emergency please call this number. So I did and was offered a new room. For me that wasn't an option so I was told he was sry and I had his word I would receive a full refund. I thought great that's the right thing to do only to find the owner is not a man of his word and would only refund the night I called and the next. So basically I gave them $189+ 14% tax coming to $214 to receive around 20 bites from BED BUGS in one night and the added bonus of possibly bringing them back with me. Do NOT STAY HERE. I also filed a police report and am contacting the bbb and when I told the owner I was doing so as a result of not fully refunding me I was threatened that he was going to sue me. Lmfao. Save yourself the headache. Days inn is nice by the way.

5  Thank Shawn12879
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We first stayed at the Newport in 2012 with our team for the Beach Blast soccer tournament. It was run down and in need of updating. The room was just that, a room with a bed in each room, but no real sitting area. There was a small table with 3 chairs next to one of the beds (with mattresses as hard as the floor), but no real place to hang out in your room to just take a break or relax at the end of the day. It was nice to sit on the balcony and watch the ocean at night, but when it's raining, you're basically confined to sitting on your bed. It was great for our son because he got to hang out with his teammates between games and we were across the street from the boardwalk, beach, ocean and a 10 minute walk from Moreys Piers. That, and the fact that our son wanted to be near his teammates is why we stayed their again June 28 - July 1. Never again. In a year's time, it was clear the place was in need of a makeover. But that's not the worst. There was mold/mildew in the bathroom and the floor was disgusting. The grout needed a real cleaning and there was dirt buildup in the corners of the bathroom. Our first night there, my husband brought down a blanket from the closet and when he opened it, there was vomit inside which was not completely dry! He took it to the front desk and they took it, didn't offer an apology or another blanket until my husband said "I need another blanket". Add that to the blood-stained pillow case and you can see why we're through with this place. Until then, even though I wasn't happy with the hotel, I was happy with the service - from booking the room to checking in. They're friendly enough and the one woman (blond, but don't recall her name) had a great personality and was helpful.

The pool area itself was a nice hangout for the boys (16-year-olds) and the parents. However, the sides are peeling in large pieces and the poor toddlers who used the kiddie pool (a tiny corner of the main pool with bars giving the appearance of a watery jail cell for toddlers).

Location or not, I've had enough of this place and we are staying elsewhere for next year's tournament. All that said, some travelers may think it's suitable (though pricey for what you get). Before I forget, the first floor suite is pretty cool aside from worn out 70's look. It has 2 entrances, both sliders. One opens onto the pool, the other has an unfortanate view of the common walkway/entrance, ice machine and ATM. Anyone coming to/from the parking lot can see into the room. The kitchen is larger than one of our bedrooms plus the bathroom. The living room has 3 couches. I think at least one is a pullout. This room was used by our coach and his family as it served the family and was a hangout for the team. There were 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The kitchen had a family-sized table, full-sized refrigerator, stove w/oven and cabinet and counter space. If, for some reason, I had to stay there again (please, no), I'd go for that room.

Also, the hotel is on a busy intersection so it is very noisy for sleeping. I used ear plugs, but that didn't help with the mattress. I just didn'[t know they made them that hard. I like firm, but this was absolutely hard!

Room Tip: Go for the suite, unless you have a problem with the sliders opening onto the public pool area. Aft...
2  Thank Stephvw
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We rented two rooms for Beach Blast weekend 6/27 - 7/1/2013. I made the reservation in Ja
anuary of 2013 when I made the first nights payment on each of the rooms. I had to pay by check as they do not take credit cards over the phone.

Upon arrival we were advised that the "resorts" credit card machine was not working and that we would have to pay cash in order to check into our room. We were advised that there was an ATM outside of the office that had a $2.50 fee for every withdraw. Our balance was roughly $600 and we were only able to get $80 out of the ATM machine before that too went out of service. I told the desk clerk that we had paid for the first night and couldn't we just stay for the first night and then pay when the credit card machine came up. She proceeded to call the owner who said no. He then made us drive to his sister motel which was at the other end of Wildwood to run our credit card. So far we were completely inconvenienced. We are the one's who are supposed to be on vacation and we are doing the running around for him. He was in no way accommodating.

Then came the rooms. Ahhh, the rooms. They look as if they have not been updated since the motel was built. There were burn holes in the curtains and the bedspreads even though the rooms are supposed to be smoke free. There were bars of soap in the bathrooms but no shampoo or anything else. My sons room (506) smelled as if there had been a bonfire in the room the night before. The front desk clerk offered to spray it with room freshener (as if that would help) and did so. We asked to talk to the owner but of course he was no where to be found. His room smelled for the entire weekend.

The bathrooms were old but clean. There were no shower "cutains" just a liner. Very classy.

There is a sun deck off of the second floor with lounge chairs. Most were worn and several were broken. The planters had weeds growing from them and cigarette butts were put out in them.

The elevator is obviously used by the cleaning staff on a daily basis but it was never wiped down. It was absolutely filthy but nothing was as filthy as the ice machine. I have never seen an ice machine that was as dirty as this one. It was so gross that we went to the Rite Aid to buy ice to put in our cooler because there was no way that the ice from that machine was going anywhere near my food or drink.

Bottom line... stay away from this hotel. It is obvious that the owner does not care about the guests, nor does he care about his property.

3  Thank Joy2625
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Not a great weekend. I have a great appreciation for any historic hotel or even time period décor however; a lack in facility up keep is deplorable. Our hotel room door had a hole in it behind the outdoor door knob allowing easy break in if a burglar wanted to manipulate the lock.
Our bathroom door was splintering at the bottom and was warped so we could not easily get from the bathroom to bedroom without struggling to get out. The plumbing was configured incorrectly hot was cold and cold was hot. Barely any water came out of the shower head and it was a definite challenge to thoroughly rinse correctly. The water does not blend appropriately and scorched my daughter’s skin. Our toilet clogged and the concierge desk was not open prior to midnight to even be able to assist with any of these issues. The next day we could not wait to leave so we could check out. When we expressed our concerns they stated "this is an old hotel" with old plumbing. We checked out a day early because we could not stand to be there. They have not refunded our money for the last day nor did they offer (we checked out Sunday-with the entire Monday paid for). The location to the board walk was great but safety and fundamental necessities are more important. We would have checked out sooner but, due to that fact we were staying there for a group event all weekend made it worse other hotels were booked and we had to continue our stay. Obviously someone did not check out this facility before they leaped to block rooms for our teams tourney. Never again!

4  Thank Shannan H