“Home away from home,A great place to stay.”
Review of Casa del Sol Motel

Casa del Sol Motel
Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
NJ
“Home away from home,A great place to stay.”
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Great location, just steps away from the beach and boardwalk. Friendly staff We have a great time there. I will return to Casa Del Sole every summer for my vacation.

• Stayed June 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York
Reviewed 20 July 2009

if you want a clean motel near the boardwalk with a nice pool and deck, friendly service and plenty of parking, you come to the casa del sole. the owner was the one who actually booked and reserved the room for us. he is hands-on and made sure our stay had no problems. the rooms even have fridges and microwaves. the boardwalk is about 50-100 steps away. you cannot go wrong staying here. do not go surfing on trip advisor for another motel because for the price, service, cleanliness, and amenities - this is the best bang for your buck.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Upstate NY
Reviewed 29 July 2008

You should know this was my first trip to Wildwood so I don't know all that much, here is what I do know. I waited to close to our travel dates to find a good hotel in Wildwood. This was the 7th place I called for reservations. My usual expectations is on the level of a three star establishment. I suspected from the Cas del Sol website that I wouldn't be getting what I am used to in comfort for a hotel. I was correct in that assumption. The outside of the place looks nice but the negatives you read in all these reviews is pretty much true. What I'd like to add is that the office person must have been replaced, the woman at the tiny little office was very nice. The place itself looks to have been built in the 50's I'm guessing and with little updating over the years. Here is what bothered me most about it. The bathroom fixtures are old, about 70's and just grody looking. The matteress is like a board covered with fabric. There was a cig burn in my quilt as stated by another reviewer here. There is no hair dryer, alarm clock or phone. Phone didn't bother me much we had cells that worked fine. Houskeeping did good, but no matter how clean they made things, stuff is just to old and worn to make it look good. Parking spots are small, we had a big car, good thing my husband was parking it. We're smokers and don't mind have a special area outdoors to smoke. We were able to do so right in front of our room on the balcony, made us happy, but maybe not you. Also on the positive side, the pool area was well kept and nice. If this is now under new managment they need to at least get new matteress' and bed quilts! Then work on up dating those bathrooms.

• Liked — The pool and the pool area were nice.
  • Disliked — The matress
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank jstwinkle
sandcastleWildwood, Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this review, 27 September 2008
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our resort. As it has taken new ownership just under 15 months ago, we strive to do our best, and make every guest happy. This will be our second winter of major renovations to this property. Which include remolded bathrooms, new drapes, new bed spreads. New mattresses were put in the building 2008. Hairdryers can be borrowed at the front desk. Should I have been aware of a damaged quilt it would of been replaced. I am glad to hear that housekeeping did a good job. And that our website was helpful and hopefully this information will be just as helpfull too. Thank you
Baltimore
Reviewed 7 February 2008

This hotel is the most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in. I have to agree that the woman at the front desk was extremely rude - watched every move we made. The parking is atrocious. You have to squeeze your car into an itty bitty space and then hand the grouch at the front desk your car keys. Yeah.........I don't think so! The room had a terrible smell - we had to go and buy a candle to get rid of the stench. There were no hangers and when we asked for some, none were forthcoming. It was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in at Wildwood. I have gone there for approximately 25 years and will never, never, never, return to this hotel again.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank wildwoodvisitor
Stay was so bad this person waited nearly 1 year later to write a review. If anyone has stayed at this resort under new management, they will know we absolutely do not take keys from anyone, for liability reasons. Should any of our guests come to the front desk with any concerns it is addressed immediately.
Highland Falls, NY
Reviewed 17 August 2007

The rooms at this hotel are small and dingy. The bathrooms are old and there is no water pressure in the shower. The beds are very uncomfortable and only have a sheet and bedspread. Parking is a JOKE! They have what they call piggy back parking which means the cars are parked two deep. When you park
your car you will either be blocking someone in or you will be blocked in by another car. Not to mention that there is not even sufficient parking to accomodate all the rooms. If you need to get your car out, the management makes you knock on the door of the car blocking you in . Do not waste your money on this hotel.

• Liked — Close to boardwalk
  • Disliked — The ridiculous and inadequate parking
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank junepat67
PA
Reviewed 26 July 2007

We rented 2 rooms for 4 nights. The Manager on duty was rude and had an attitude as if she didn't care about anything. The rooms were small and dingy. They smelled like mildew. The countertops were falling apart. The shower curtains had years of mold on them. The mattresses and box springs were ripped to shreds, the blankets had holes in them. The TV had no color and had huge lines going through it. No hot water if the person next door was using their shower at the same time. Ants were on the countertops. Air conditioner looked as though it may fall in at anytime. I had to wear bug spray to sleep at night because I am sure there were bed bugs that were eating up my legs. The mirrors had such a film on them that you coudln't see your reflection clearly. The toilet ran 24/7. We reported a few things such as the toilet, hot water and bug problem to which we got blank stares as if she were asking "and what would you like me to do about it?". You could tell she was annoyed and didn't want any parts of any complaints. This all under the new Ownership and Management. Nobody supervised the pool area as there were about 10 adults in the pool with alcohol. We had to leave the pool as we have a 3 year old we didn't want exposed to the drinking and bad language that was going on. Upon leaving the hotel, I accidentally left something expensive behind. I called the hotel to ask them to ship to me (per the policy they have listed in their room) and was told they can't find it, oh well. If they can't find it, that means an employee stole it. I never felt comfortable during my stay leaving my personal belongings inside the room when it was being cleaned etc... I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend a little more money and go somewhere nice, clean and where there is more concern for how your stay is.

• Liked — Close to the beach and boardwalk
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank aderoche
DC
Reviewed 15 June 2007

Stayed there for a weekend. Big beach party was going on that weekend. Made the people in the room wear wristbands and wouldn't not
allow anyone to come to the rooms. (Even other hotel guests). Housekeeping knocked loudly on the doors at 8 in the morning on saturday and sunday. When told to come back later, they still came in
the door and did not respect privacy. Their manager also came in to check writstbands even though everyone was sleeping. The management's
tone and treatment to us was very disrespectful and condecendant. It was four of us, all college graduates, very rude. Hotel cleanliness was ok. We were not allowed to "loiter" in the courtyard, even though
we were guests? whats the courtyard for then? Horrible experience, stay at another one if possible.

• Liked — Closeness to the beach.
  • Disliked — The staff and the treatment.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends