“Casa da hole.”
Review of Casa del Sol Motel

Casa del Sol Motel
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Stayed here for a few days. The accomadations were adequate. The rooms were a little crampy. The layout was so so, as well as the staff. Nothing really special about this place other than location.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank goin_south78
volleyballmomPa, Manager at Casa del Sol Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2010

I surely agree with the guest that wrote this review now 2010, responding to their stay in 2007. The rooms were not that special. BUT, you must see them now, as the Casa Del Sol has been completely remolded in 2009. Not only may we sell our location, your family will not want to leave the remarkably clean, & colorful rooms with the most amazing TILED floors!! You did read correctly, no more carpet... I ask you to come and see me, so not only may I apologize for your inadequate stay a few years ago but let me show you that we have not given up, but just started to take off and make the Casa what our guests want it to be. Leslie your Manager

There are newer reviews for Casa del Sol Motel

Reviewed 4 October 2009

During the Labor Day holiday weekend, my girlfriend and I stayed at this very efficient and comfortable motel. We had read reviews from years past that were negative, but also knew that the motel was under new management, so we were pretty optimistic that we would have a positive experience. How right we were! It is clearly evident that the room was recently renovated: with new tile floors, bedding and linens, a microwave oven, and a mini refrigerator. The management was very helpful and pleasant, and you can see a real effort to keep everything orderly and clean. The pool and sun deck are nice touches as well. As this motel is steps from the boardwalk and the beach, you can’t beat it for convenience! We would stay here again during our next trip to Wildwood in a heartbeat! Great job!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We have been coming to the Casa Del Sole for the past 20 or so years for NJ Firemen's Convention. It took a downturn for awhile because of new owners. It was bought again about 2 years ago and what a difference! The new owner and management have revamped the rooms with new tile floors, vanities, beds, and furniture. The rooms are kept very clean with no musty odors. The bathrooms still need to be renovated, but we are told by mgmt that this will be their winter priority. The sun deck and pool are spacious and very clean. The boardwalk & beach are only steps away. The management was very friendly and helpful. It was truly a pleasure to spend a weekend away at such a nice motel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We stay down in Wildwood every year for our family vacation. After a horrible stay last year in another facility, I started searching for a new place to stay and came upon the Casa Del Sole. I called in off season so I spoke to the owner from home. He was extremely accomodating and friendly and already made us feel welcome. He allowed us to make payments on our stay with him even though the site prefers you pay all at once for the packages. After a long anticipated spring and summer we left for our vacation. After a few hours drive, we arrived at the Casa Del Sole. It was so clean and neat looking on the outside. Curbs were swept, outside the office was carpeting that look freshly vaccumed. Office was small but is only meant for check-ins and check-outs. The woman behind the desk which Im almost positive was the owners wife was extremely welcoming and friendly. Due to us having kids our room was clean and ready for us to unpack into. That was 5 hours before check-in time!!! We were thrilled!!! The rooms were so clean and comfortable. Brand new bedding, furniture, coutertops, microwave and fridge. The floor was all granite tile and so much better than carpeting which gets dingy after just one season. The room smelled clean and was so inviting. The curtains opened and closed properly (it never did in the motel we stayed in last year) and the dresser drawers pulled in and out with ease. Even though we had just a standard room it was still equipped with a small dining table which was so useful especially since we have children. There was daily maid service which was absolutely refreshing. She changed and made the beds everyday and replaced towels as well as changed ALL the bags in the garbage cans fresh everyday. She swept and mopped due to sand and water. Seemed to me like the best maid service Ive ever experienced anywhere. The pool was awesome to say the least!!! 4 foot all the way to 8 foot and heated which you wouldnt think would matter in the summer but it sure helped. The pool deck was above the ground level so it was almost like having a private pool area. There was also plenty of lounge chairs available all around the pool to tan and keep watch of the kids. There was also a separate upper deck area equipped with a gas grill with a side burner and tables and chairs with umbrellas for dining or relaxing on. While sitting on the upper deck I noticed the owners wife sweeping around the premises. They really do take pride in their properties. They own 3 other properties and although having not stayed there, I will assume they are all kept up the same way. We were directly across the street from their other property and it was just as clean and neat looking. In the office they had a large collection of pamphlets of all the things to be seen and done down there as well as the opportunity to buy discount ride and waterpark tickets which we took advantage of. We really appreciated the break and saving! The motel is also equipped with an ice machine which is of no cost to you if staying there. They also have a hose set-up to remove sand off your items when coming back from the beach which I found to be so convenient. One car per room but thats how it is at all the motels plus theres just enough parking for all the rooms. What more can you ask. All the spots are against and under the building and youre able to park where you can see your car. Couldnt have asked for more. Honestly, I could keep going but I think Ive made myself very clear. I HIGHLY recommend this motel and Ill definitely be back next year. As a matter of a fact Ill be calling in just a few short weeks to book next years vacation. Thanks again for a fantastic stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2009

The room I had was perfect for me. I came equipped with utensils & plastic containers, & made good use of the microwave & fridge in the room. It was aircomditioned & had cable tv. I was pleased that my room wasn't carpeted (from past experience @ other places, carpets tend to be unhealthy). The room was clean and I was surprised to know that although I was to stay 3 nights, the cleaning staff knocked on my room door to change my towels/linen each day during my stay. (I declined, it wasn't necessary). Upon checking out I told the staff (Leslie) that I would like to book again for next year. Honestly, I was very happy I stayed at the Casa del Sol. It is hands down, now, my favorite place to stay while in Wildwood!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2009

“Home away from home,A great place to stay.”
Casa del Sole Motel
Save Review
Eddie91364 1 contribution
NJ
Jul 21, 2009

Great location, just steps away from the beach and boardwalk. Friendly staff We have a great time there. I will return to Casa Del Sole every summer for my vacation.

* My ratings for this hotel
o 5 of 5 stars Value

* Would you recommend this hotel to a friend? Yes

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Eddie91364
Reviewed 1 September 2009

hi leslie,just frank &"tara-mia" DiMarco here to thank you for a great,memorable stay at the motel. it was all it was said to be, most pleasurable, comfortable, and well run. you run a tight ship there. we love wildwood, and the stay at your motel made us like it much more. i will refer my friends and family to take a stay there whenever they are in that area. i must also thank you for the help getting a room the night we were being early. if not for you, we h ad been sleeping in the car until"checkin"time. my d aughter was so tired, and when you helped with the room at the"knolls", she was very relieved,and much happier as she knew the place from last year. the manager there(jeff) was of utmost help also. i only get one vacation a year with my children, but if by some chance i can get more time away, we will definitely be at the"CasaDelSOl".. that i can assure you. if by any chance you could tell me a mail address for the"KNOLLS", i would like to thank the manager(jeff) for his kindness and hospitality, as we didnt get time to stop and give him our thanks. pleae remember one thing. you are an excellent lady, and surely fit the job as"management" we hope to see you again, our thanks... "frank &"tara-mia" DiMarco .

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family