“Small motel Large on quality.”
Review of Rus Mar Motel

Rus Mar Motel
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was so happy to find a place to stay with my 2 dogs in Wildwood. Great location. I was so pleasantly surprised how CLEAN the room was. The staff was so nice and accommodating. When I was out I ran into others that even mentioned how nice the people that work at the Ru mar are to everyone. The room was a little small but very clean and had everything we needed. I felt very comfortable and safe leaving my dogs in the room when we went out. Their were many other dogs at the motel which gave the motel a warm about it. The dogs and there owners made it even nicer to be around other warm hearted friendly people. I would stay here if I were a bringing my dogs or not. I think you should too, as long as they still have a spot for me. Lol! Have a nice trip!

Room Tip: I like the rooms up stairs so you can sit on the balcony with you dog and look at the beach. But the...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nickeda

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Rus Mar Motel. We will definitely be back. The rooms are clean. You can sit on the balcony and watch the beach. Great location. Right across the street from the ocean/boardwalk. All the people that work at the motel are very friendly and helpful. We are trying to plan our next trip and this is where we will stay. Can't wait to come back!!!! :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephanie d
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We just stayed at the Rus Mar and had a marvelous experience. The rooms were so so clean! We were right across from the beach and spent the day watching the ocean. I never feel like i am at the shore if I can't see the water. If you want a clean place to stay in a great location check out the Rus Mar. They don't have a pool but like the manager said they have the ocean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael872
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at the Rus Mar this July and it was a great experience. I was nervous because I saw they took pets and I thought it might be dirty. Wow! I could not have been more pleased. It was by far the cleanest room I ever stayed in. The tile floors were clean and the entire room smelled great. They even wash the comforters after each stay. Mine smelled clean and fresh. When I sat in front of my room I could see the ocean and I felt the stress leave! The staff is friendly and Ed the manager is always available with advice on restaurants or activities. I will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Get second floor it is a great view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This July 4th weekend we went back to the Rus Mar Motel with our two dogs, and son. 3 grown people and 2 large dogs might be cramped quarters, but we had no problems whatsoever. Ed and Emil did everything to get us back into the same room we had last year. This may not matter to some folks, but we really like the location and layout.

The hotel underwent renovation work after the storm, and in addition to a fresh coat of paint, there is new furniture. The rooms are simple, very clean and cheery. Hotel Management also procured another wifi system to ensure all rooms have seamless coverage. We enjoyed fresh clean fluffy towels and linens brought to us daily by wonderfully attentive staff, and in the morning, made quick trips to the office for fresh brewed coffee in oversized to go cups.

It is nearly impossible to find a hotel that will allow my two 100+ pups to come along, let alone not charge an exorbinate pet fee; so the Rus Mar is truly a treasure as they are so reasonable! My in-laws down the street paid more than double what I did, and were no more comfortable.

Comfortable, an excellent beach location and accomodating staff - the hotel has what you need and works very hard to ensure your satisfaction! I highly recommend the Rus Mar and will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank farfadooty
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed at Rus Mar for two days last weekend. The price was fair considering the other motels in the area. The motel's pet friendly status was our main drawing point. It is also across the street from the beach and a block from the boardwalk. Our room was small but thats all we needed. It was also very clean, so props to the room service crew. It had a mini fridge, which was great, a coffee maker and a microwave. The AC worked great when we wanted to use it. The beds were comfortable. The floors were tiled instead of carpeted with was really nice, as was the entire bathroom. The only suggestion I have is for there to be some blackout curtains as it was very bright at night due to outside lights being right outside the room. There was a small notebook on the dresser that has some info on pet friendly beaches in the area. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. All in all our stay was great and we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank john k
RusMarMotelMGMT, Manager at Rus Mar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thanks John.... the Rus Mar listens to our friends feedback. We have installed a dimmer system on our outside lighting to cut down on the motel's overall brightness at night. Thanks again John for choosing the Rus Mar and we will see you next time.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We moved to this hotel from a previous hotel that was infested with bugs. Thank god we were able to find another hotel that was near and allowed pets. The rooms are very clean. the beds are a little hard but the stay was great. I know on my next vacation i will make reservations here again. The manager is as kind as he can be.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family