“Our new favorite motel at the Jersey shore”
Review of Rus Mar Motel

Rus Mar Motel
Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
“Our new favorite motel at the Jersey shore”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We are in love with this motel and the staff. Traveling with your dog can be a little stressful because some places that are dog friendly have so many restrictions and fees. At the Rus Mar you are allowed any breed/size dog and can have up to 2 in your room for $20 per night flat rate. We didn't even have to leave a pet deposit. This is a typical old school Jersey motel but very clean and have done some renovations. The location is fantastic and is right across the street from the beach and just a short walk to the convention center and rides. We ended up extending our stay because we didn't want to leave. While I was packing up the car for check out I had the pleasure of meeting the owner. He couldn't have been any nicer and told me he would rather your dog be out of the crate relaxing on the bed in front of the window than in a crate and stressed out if your dog isn't used to being crated at home. He is also going to be doing some more renovations to make it even better. Is this a fancy beach resort style hotel? Not at all BUT it is the most laid back, CLEAN, and friendly place we have ever stayed with our dog. I love that they have tile floors instead of carpet so there is no funky dog smell either. We are so excited that we have discovered this motel and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JulBos123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Greensburg
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Rick and I are veterans of RusMar, staying there since the middle 90's.
Love the new management. Bob is a personable guy with a real understanding of how people want to travel. Emil, Ed and the great maid service is a plus to any business. Very clean, comfortable and family like. I highly recommend RusMar to anyone traveling to the NJ shore. The pets were a plus too. Made me smile the whole week. Close to the boardwalk, bike rental, arcade and more. I could sit and watch the TramCar all day long. Miss it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Karen H
Franklin, NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great location, right across the street from the beach and the boardwalk. Great staff, treated us like family. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. Extremely clean rooms, very reasonable price and the best pet friendly motel in Wildwood!!. Convenient to everything, lots of restaurants, bars and stores. Definitely my motel when ever I am in Wildwood. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorena C
Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed two nights at the Rus Mar. It was clean, comfortable and had a friendly staff. The price was competitive. For animal overs, the motel allowed pets so many happy residents enjoyed having their animals with them. The motel is just across the street from the main Wildwood beach in plane view of the ocean. Rus Mar is also near to the boardwalk. It is a great place, conveniently located. We plan to return soon!

Room Tip: Upstairs room #3 faces the ocean and has a great view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim C
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had a chance to stay for a weekend in June and loved it! Super friendly, helpful staff, super clean rooms, fantastic location right across the street from the beach and was wowed it was pet friendly!! Reasonably priced, convenient to everything, loved sitting on the balcony and seeing the famous "Wildwood" sign by the Convention Center. Couldn't have been happier.....would highly recommend it if they have any openings as they seem to be such a hit!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MommaVickie
Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was so happy to find a place to stay with my 2 dogs in Wildwood. Great location. I was so pleasantly surprised how CLEAN the room was. The staff was so nice and accommodating. When I was out I ran into others that even mentioned how nice the people that work at the Ru mar are to everyone. The room was a little small but very clean and had everything we needed. I felt very comfortable and safe leaving my dogs in the room when we went out. Their were many other dogs at the motel which gave the motel a warm about it. The dogs and there owners made it even nicer to be around other warm hearted friendly people. I would stay here if I were a bringing my dogs or not. I think you should too, as long as they still have a spot for me. Lol! Have a nice trip!

Room Tip: I like the rooms up stairs so you can sit on the balcony with you dog and look at the beach. But the...
Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nickeda
Magnolia, NJ
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Rus Mar Motel. We will definitely be back. The rooms are clean. You can sit on the balcony and watch the beach. Great location. Right across the street from the ocean/boardwalk. All the people that work at the motel are very friendly and helpful. We are trying to plan our next trip and this is where we will stay. Can't wait to come back!!!! :-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephanie d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Esplanade Suites, a Sundance Vacations Resort
The StarLux Hotel & Suites
SeaGull Motel
SeaGull Motel
#4 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Rus Mar Motel? Share your experiences!