“Love this Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Love this Hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was our first time staying here and definitely not my last . Sitting at a Prime Location , view of the Famous Wildwood sign , right across the street from the beach , boardwalk , convention center , surf shop made sitting on the deck and watching the busy town pass by during morning and afternoon hours and at night to unwind with the peace and calm ... complete with ocean waves rolling in the background ....downright perfect . A pet Friendly hotel with very clean neat tiled rooms and a very nice staff . The owner himself checks on his guests , furry ones too , to make sure everyone is happy and comfortable . I also have to say that when I stayed every guest there was just as friendly , polite , quiet and just all round nice people . I would highly recommend this Hotel especially if you traveling with your furry ones , thank you Rus Mar Hotel and staff .

Room Tip: you don't have to be staying upstairs to enjoy the view ...there are community chairs right on o...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I went to Wildwood from August 15th-17th with some of my friends and my sister. Prior to going, we were pulling our hair out trying to find a hotel that would allow 21+ to stay. Everywhere we called it was 25+ and the person I spoke to was usually rude. When my friend called up Rus Mar they were extremely friendly and helpful and said that we could stay! Before arriving, I called around noon to see if our room would be available early and it was. When we arrived it was clean and exactly what we needed. The staff was very friendly and we met both the owner and the manager during our stay. Both were really cool, friendly people. While talking to the manager, we mentioned the type of place we were looking to go that night- 20 minutes later, he came back with the perfect suggestion and directions. The guy at the front counter helped us when we were looking for a store! It is an extremely convenient location if you're going for the the boardwalk and beach. We all decided to make this a yearly trip and we will definitely be staying at Rus Mar!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tara H
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We are in love with this motel and the staff. Traveling with your dog can be a little stressful because some places that are dog friendly have so many restrictions and fees. At the Rus Mar you are allowed any breed/size dog and can have up to 2 in your room for $20 per night flat rate. We didn't even have to leave a pet deposit. This is a typical old school Jersey motel but very clean and have done some renovations. The location is fantastic and is right across the street from the beach and just a short walk to the convention center and rides. We ended up extending our stay because we didn't want to leave. While I was packing up the car for check out I had the pleasure of meeting the owner. He couldn't have been any nicer and told me he would rather your dog be out of the crate relaxing on the bed in front of the window than in a crate and stressed out if your dog isn't used to being crated at home. He is also going to be doing some more renovations to make it even better. Is this a fancy beach resort style hotel? Not at all BUT it is the most laid back, CLEAN, and friendly place we have ever stayed with our dog. I love that they have tile floors instead of carpet so there is no funky dog smell either. We are so excited that we have discovered this motel and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JulBos123
Greensburg
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Rick and I are veterans of RusMar, staying there since the middle 90's.
Love the new management. Bob is a personable guy with a real understanding of how people want to travel. Emil, Ed and the great maid service is a plus to any business. Very clean, comfortable and family like. I highly recommend RusMar to anyone traveling to the NJ shore. The pets were a plus too. Made me smile the whole week. Close to the boardwalk, bike rental, arcade and more. I could sit and watch the TramCar all day long. Miss it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Karen H
Franklin, NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great location, right across the street from the beach and the boardwalk. Great staff, treated us like family. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. Extremely clean rooms, very reasonable price and the best pet friendly motel in Wildwood!!. Convenient to everything, lots of restaurants, bars and stores. Definitely my motel when ever I am in Wildwood. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorena C
Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed two nights at the Rus Mar. It was clean, comfortable and had a friendly staff. The price was competitive. For animal overs, the motel allowed pets so many happy residents enjoyed having their animals with them. The motel is just across the street from the main Wildwood beach in plane view of the ocean. Rus Mar is also near to the boardwalk. It is a great place, conveniently located. We plan to return soon!

Room Tip: Upstairs room #3 faces the ocean and has a great view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim C
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had a chance to stay for a weekend in June and loved it! Super friendly, helpful staff, super clean rooms, fantastic location right across the street from the beach and was wowed it was pet friendly!! Reasonably priced, convenient to everything, loved sitting on the balcony and seeing the famous "Wildwood" sign by the Convention Center. Couldn't have been happier.....would highly recommend it if they have any openings as they seem to be such a hit!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends