“It Just Gets Better!!”

Ranked #24 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Wayne, New Jersey
“It Just Gets Better!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is our 3rd year returning to the Rus Mar. Subtle, but major changes this year! The paint on the building was redone and really makes the place shine in comparison to the neighboring hotels! Also, they completed really great renovations to the rooms and the stairwell leading up to the 2nd floor.

I have a Great Dane with peripheral vision issues, and going up/down the stairs in previous years had always been an adventure! The stairs this year are wider and the railing in place is even more sturdy...not to say it wasn't before; but the enhancements made are a definite improvement!

The rooms this year are OUTSTANDING! Fresh new beds and furniture to go with what we've become accustomed to over the years - fresh, crisp, clean linens! The overall layout of the rooms is great; and having the tile floors makes for easy beach and pet clean up!

Rus Mar has no issue with types or weight of dogs. I have a Great Dane and an Akita - we are able to stay with them and never cause issue with our neighbors - or they and their pets, with us. Forget about Wildwood - it's nearly impossible to find such a kindly disposition to dogs in hotels anywhere! This creates a very friendly atmosphere overall amongst the guests as well! Located just across the street from the beach, and at a quieter end of the boardwalk - you can rent a bike, grab the tram car, or walk to shore in minutes; but at the same time, deal with less of a mob/crowds coming off/on the boardwalk. We watched the fireworks from the Pier, on the balcony at the hotel and were comfortable, sand free, and had no traffic to deal with!

Let's talk about the staff at Rus Mar. Bob (owner) works sincerely to ensure this place meets your needs - that you truly feel at home. This is also (and superbly) embodied by the Managers and Housekeeping. I will elaborate a little about my experience at my in-laws' hotel below; but i want to say it loud and clear... Ed, Emil, Nancy, Anastasia, and Kate are hands down the BEST group of people I have encountered in many hotel stays across the states for either work/vacation! How-so-ever they do it -- Ed and Emil made us feel like old family friends...the very most important guests in the house; and this is how all guests are treated.

We cannot forget that we are all walking in there with various 2 to 4 legged temperaments, it's truly to THEIR credit, that everyone not only feels welcomed; but that they are willing to care for whatever we need. Housekeeping too, they are very flexible and supportive to our pets' needs and scheduling. As I mentioned before, the linens are spotless and fresh! I typically have to work a few days of the week that I am there. There is WiFi via DSL across 2 networks for our use, and quiet enough that I could hold conference calls without the participants being affected by my location.

A quick diversion down the beach in the Crest (where everything is supposed to be slightly superior) to present a snapshot of my in-laws' hotel. The staff was completely detached from their guests, the grounds were disgusting and slimy with sand and saltwater paste everywhere; and the linens were a dedicated effort to request replacement. The room had faded thin carpet that begged my questions of cleanliness even being possible. NO THANK YOU! I am thrilled to be a part of the Rus Mar alumni of guests and not changing locale anytime soon!!

Room Tip: There are Kitchenettes available, as well as units with smaller fridge, microwave and coffee pot.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank farfadooty
RusMarMotelMGMT, Manager at Rus Mar Motel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
The best thing about the Rus Mar is our regulars. We love our Rus Mar family! You guys have been with us from the beginning and we love having you every season. Have a great year and we will see you next July!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I have been staying at the Rus Mar for years. Bob, the owner, is a wonderful guy and takes pride in his hotel. Ed, the manager, is superb! It is very clean there and some of the rooms were recently updated. The place looks great. We have met some really nice guests there everytime we go. Can't wait to go back again in September.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
It was great meeting you and thank-you for all your kind words! Hope to see you in September!
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My son and I just returned from our 4 day annual vacation to Wildwood. In years past, we have always stayed at the same hotel, but wanted to bring our dogs. The place was awesome! It was exceptionally close to the beach and boardwalk, but also allowed for nice places to walk our dogs. Everyone was friendly and they even allowed pit bulls. I had a really hard time finding hotels in NJ that allowed dogs in general. The place was very clean and efficient for us to cook breakfast and dinner. The guy at the front desk even allowed us to check out later than normal so I could allow my son to go to the beach one last time before leaving. We will definitely be returning here soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Megan B
RusMarMotelMGMT, Manager at Rus Mar Motel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. At the Rus Mar we take well raised doggies! We also found that our patrons tend to be good people and we believe that is because they are mostly "dog people". We will see you next time be well!
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We wanted to take a quick get away from life, and bring the dog to avoid the hassle of finding a sitter or boarding. Rus Mar was perfect. The rooms are immaculate, hotel is old and has the vintage feel, paint is fresh and clean, linens are crisp and white, pillows are full , fluffy and firm. The renovations that include tile floors are perfect for dogs. Nice fridge and microwave, one cup coffeemaker, perfect for a day or so. Would do the kitchenette if longer. The boardwalk, and tram start are just across the street, you are at the quiet end of the boardwalk, but only a block from the Wildwood sign. Within walking distance to so much, definitely a hidden jewel. No pool, but the beach is right out of your door.

Room Tip: There is no pool or restaurant to grade, I can't get the reviews to go away . This place is gre...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lizzyc2658
RusMarMotelMGMT, Manager at Rus Mar Motel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank-you for all of your kind words. You did such a great job of summing up what we try to accomplish at the Rus Mar. Good location, clean rooms, and an updated but vintage feel. We take pride in our 5-star rating on Tripadvisor and we hope other people will come and enjoy themselves at our little place as much as you did! Be well and we will see you next time!
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

this was the first time we stayed there.we had agreat time met new people.they were so friendly.and they allowd pets which was great.we had a puppy and they asked no questions .they said sure some other hotels n motels wouldnt take puppies.thats sad.my grandaughters had a ball.it was close to the beach n boadwalk which i loved.we could sit out in front of motel n enjoy the scenery.and we had our puppy out with us.the rooms were really nice.the only thing is they could of have bigger refrigerater.lol.but other then that it was awsome.we are coming back in sept for the car show with our puppy to.thank you again for a super time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Your family was a blast we so enjoyed having you stay with us. We can't wait to have you come back in September. Don't forget to ask for your Alumni discount!! We appreciate the feedback!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Just spent Memorial Day weekend at the rus mar! The motel is located right on ocean avenue across from the beach entrance ... We were looking for a place that would allow our 5 lb yorkie Lucy .. We were lucky to get a room ! Ed the manager is very accommodating and serious about customer service . I'm hoping to return again in the next few weeks .. I think I just found the perfect summer getaway . 5 minute walk to beach and boardwalk with views from the rooms !

• Stayed May 2014
Hello Nadia thank-you for your kind words! We enjoyed having you stay with us and I know your pup enjoyed being on vacation as well! I see you are coming back in a few days so we will see you then!
Landenberg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We just stayed at Rus Mar Motel this past weekend for our anniversary and because I was running the Wild Half. Our pet sitter was away as well so I had to find a place where we could bring our two labs. After a search I found BringFido.com which lead me to Rus Mar Motel. This place is a GREAT find in Wildwood! Pretty much right in the heart of the Convention Center area, we could see the beach from our deck - we were right across the street from the beach and the boardwalk (perfect for my race location as well)!! The owner (Bob) and his son (Emile) were fantastic and sought you out to chat with you, any chance they got. My husband and I welcomed this and it just showed us that they care about their motel and their customers. Our dogs loved the place too, and they were so well behaved for their first trip away from home! There were 6 dogs total staying at the hotel and we heard not one peep from another dog (unless you walked past their room). I highly recommend Rus Mar Motel and we will be going back to stay, with our pups again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Karla K
RusMarMotelMGMT, Manager at Rus Mar Motel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed the place. Thank-you for all the nice comments you made about the Rus Mar. We strive to achieve total customer satisfaction for our people and our pups too! We work to maintain our 5-star rating from tripadvisor and listen and respond to every review. We are proud to have the cleanest rooms at the shore! Hopefully the next time you stay with us we can earn a five-star review from you! Be well and happy summer!!