“Excellent services with friendly staff- family friendly place”
Review of Royal Court Motel

Royal Court Motel
Royal Court Motel
Ranked #47 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We have stayed here the last 2 years. We have always found the staff to be helpful. The place is very clean. The pools are beautiful. The small one is great for little ones and the big one is big enough to swim laps. We ca't wait to go back. My teenagers already planning to go there with their families when they have them. The beach and boardwalk are close.
We loved the 2 bed room apts - plenty of room for everyone - We stay for a week so that is important. WE also use the kitchen to cook - which great on rainy days.

Room Tip: If you have teenagers - the 2 bedroom apt
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank fes5

Reviewed 19 May 2011

I came here for a weekend with college friends. We're a fun group, but respectful. The entire staff was incredibly rude, there was a security guard clearly on drugs that smoked in our room, the pool had no water in it, the entire property (especially the rooms) were FILTHY, and there was no hot water in the showers. At the end of our stay, when we went to check out, they told us that they would not give us our full deposit back because the security guard said we were smoking in the room (not one person that was in my room even smokes, and we were all disgusted when the security guard smoked in our room). The security guard also pulled a knife out on my friends.
My family owns one of the best hotels in Greece, I've worked at the Four Points by Sheraton, The Marriott, The Hilton, and my family's hotel, and I'm a hotel management major as well. I also travel a lot, and therefore have stayed at A LOT of hotels, and this was BY FAR the worst experience I've ever had. I recommend that no one books a room here. They'll steal your money, make your trip miserable, and you'll probably end up with some sort of rash from the disgusting beds.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Maria301
royalcourt, Manager at Royal Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

With all due respect, we wish to give our side of the story. This fraternity group gave us a very difficult time during their stay here. Wildwood has a tradition of hosting students. We have hosted student weekends for over ten years and we have also hosted large groups who hold parties on our pool deck and have a great time year after year. But with his group our experience was that of repeated inability to meet our reasonable requests to calm themselves down and respect the neighborhood and our property. Smoking was not only reported by our security guard. Staff members also witnessed smoking in the rooms. We discovered on the last day that one of the rooms had kegs --a first at our property. Most of the persons the staff tried to communicate with were intoxicated much of the time. The pool deck had broken beer bottle glass, and staff picked up empty alcohol vials littered in the corridor and stairwell. Repeated attempts were made to have the group quiet down, to move their vehicle, which was blocking parking spaces, and to stop openly displaying and drinking alcoholic beverages as per law. Our requests were often met with anger, or dismissal, or promises that were not always kept. It took valuable staff time for supervision and several reminders for complete follow through. Some members of this group behaved very badly and gave us a very hard time, in part because they had been drinking and they did not realize that they were being belligerent at the time. I ask the reviewer to consider that if they duplicated this behavior at the Sheraton or Marriot whether they may not get ejected from the premises. I also ask the reviewer to reconsider the claim that your group was respectful. At check-in some people were already huffing at staff over the deposit requirement even though we emailed the group leader all our rules and regulations (and we had reminded him twice on the phone to let everyone know). At check-out, one of your members had to wait because their room showed signs of damage. Meanwhile we took care of another guest checking in. Due to this wait time and the loss of his deposit, the young man felt the need to throw his wrist band at and insult the desk clerk which was quite startling and disturbing. Indeed we are not a Sheraton or Marriot. We are a small family owned business that has years of successful and positive experience with young adult guests. We, our property, and the city of Wildwood deserve the same respect, and regard as any higher class hotel. Please also bear in mind the noise regulations, and smoking fine at these fine hotels versus the sum total deposit the group forfeited for 11 rooms: $290 which in addition to the smoking charge, includes a fee for a lost key, for having to sanitize and provide a new bedspread, and for damage to a shelving rack. Please consider that perhaps what you may perceive as stealing deposits or rudeness from our staff might in fact be a result of some legitimate difficult issues that we faced. For the staff, simply asking nicely usually did not work and elicited ill will. Many individuals just did not seem to accept that the noise levels, alcohol regulations, and standard hotel rules needed to be respected. Some people tried to tell the staff “boys will be boys”. But such an excuse would be inappropriate at any lodging facility whether it be the Hilton or a small family run Wildwood NJ Motel. There are basic legal and property regulations in place to protect all guests, staff, and the neighborhood and we feel that these rules were being violated multiple times throughout the stay. We hope you will stop to consider whether your indignation might not be misplaced.

Additionally, as regards the security guard, we had asked for corroborative details of the accusations from the group but they have not been forthcoming. We would be most grateful for any information you can provide and we will not be hiring this individual again. Please note that we did bring in a different security guard after things with the group became increasingly difficult for our staff.

Reviewed 15 August 2010

This was my first experience in Wildwood and I loved it! This motel is in walking distance of everything interesting! Beach, Boardwald, restaurants. The owners and the staff are very nice and so available! The room was big, bright and super clean. I would recommand this motel to every one. I would not go anywhere else when I go back to Wildwood!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Funniered
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This motel is walking distance to everything, the boardwalk, the convention center, the Harley Davidson dealership. This was my first stay in the Royal Court Motel and I could not have asked for a better place. The people were always present on the grounds, they became friends, they were warm kind and answered every question of ours. The rooms are impeccable, the size it perfect, it is not cramped and the beds are very comfortable. If you need to stay at a motel I suggest this one because from now on this is the only one I will be staying at when in Wildwood. The best part is the rooms are not expensive so you can MAXIMIZE your time in Wildwood. Home away from home!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2010

The location & staff was great except one staff member. The young girl working was rude and unprofessional, she yelled at a fellow employee in front of all of us. She also profiled us because we were a big group saying we had to be quiet because there was an elderly woman next door. The entire time there was no one next door, the curtains were open and the room was dark and empty. This is our 4th year coming here and we have never had a problem or have been disrespectful and were upset to be treated that way especially considering how well we were treated by the other employees.

Besides that; our stay was great. We had nice clean rooms that housekeeping kept up well our entire stay. There are 2 pools which is great when there are a lot of people. One of the managers, a very nice employee who was young, let us stay later in the pool because we came late from the beach. The owners of the hotel are always so helpful. Upon booking, steve worked with me so well to guarentee the best stay possible. I do recommend staying there, its location is so conveniant and most of the employees do their best to help with customer satisfaction. Thanks steve and thhe royal court motel staff!

royalcourt, Front Desk Clerk at Royal Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2010

Dear Divabc121,
Thanks for your fair and balanced review. Your group was great and I want to apologize about any incidents of unprofessional behavior on my part to you and to all fellow employees. Yeah, you guys were a large group, and I admit that when you first walked in and it was not a family, but a group of 11 younger folks I became guarded and felt I had to inform you about the potential noise factor. I did not realize I came off rude and I did not know you were repeat guests until you explained that to me. I'm sorry I profiled you. I truly did believe we had a grandmother and her grandchild set to stay in between your two rooms. I realized the next day that she was actually a floor below you guys for 2 nights (for beach blast). I even mentioned it to one fellow in your group that "oh that woman was actually staying on the 2nd floor below" when he stopped by the office on another day, although I'm not sure he knew what I was talking about! Thanks again for your review. We appreciate your praise and constructive criticism. All eleven of you were extremely cute in your matching Wildwood T-shirts by the way!

Reviewed 20 September 2009

When booking our rooms for the Royal Court in the spring for our vacation, we booked eight rooms, one with a full kitchen. After mailing in deposits we received a phone call stating that the kitchen room, is now no longer available, as a previous customer wanted that room. Which we felt was not right since they already rec'd our deposit. The manager was very unfriendly on the phone stating he would give us a larger room for a reduced price than the normal rental, but more than we originally had agreed to pay- we said we did not need a large room, just a room w/2 beds & kitchen, after much arguing with this gentleman that we did not want to pay more than originally quoted, we both hung up & he then called back to say he would give us a larger room for our original price, we felt that was fair and were quite excited to go to Wildwood and the Royal Court.

Once we arrived at the motel the staff was very friendly, but once we went to our room which was one of the apartments, we found it quite dirty. We did not tell the manager as we just cleaned ourselves so we knew it was clean for our children. There was cereal and dust on the floor behind one of the bedroom doors which showed us the vacuuming was done very poorly, and the living room wall had some kind of brown stuff smeared across it. The pools were fine until our next to last night and the large pool was so cloudy that you could barely see the bottom of the pool. We did see someone from the staff pour some liquid into the pool, but the next morning there was a white film across the top of the pool, there was no way I would let my children into that pool .

Positives of the motel was that the staff was friendly, it was close to the boardwalk and beach, Rite Aid was across the street and parking was good, except be prepared that you may have to park behind someone & then you would have to leave your keys in the office.

Sad to say but we will not be returning to the Royal Court for our yearly vacation to Wildwood.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank CindyG0213
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We live in MD and was tired of the same old Maryland and Deleware beaches. Never been to Wildwood before. Read many reviews and expected wildwood to be an older town in need of many updates. Most of the town was 2 story Motels from the 50's I think. The only room we could find was at the Royal Court. From the start, the customer relation rep SHIV, was great. He really worked hard to make our stay enjoyable. Our room was a nice 2nd floor balcony near the smaller pool. The room was neat and clean. We had to turn our A/C down because it worked so well. We saw guest standing on there balcony with their room door open for hours in August Then complain to the managment that their A/C was not working. That is not fair! Anything we needed was just a walk away from the office. The owners know that if customers are not happy then they will not be back. When I see these reviews about the Royal Court saying this did not work or they did not clean or other bad things, it is just not so. One day we saw some knid of City inspector, walking around with the staff. The inspector found a problem with the self closing spring on the gate to the ;arge pool. I saw many reviews here saying the do not fix anything. I timed how long it took for a member of the staff to show up and fix the gate. 19 minutes!!! That is pretty good. If we needed anything they made it happen. This is a nice family MOTEL and I think that some reviews are Hilton dreams with an empty wallet. This MOTEL is a great value. It is close to the boardwalk and water parks (Walking distance) where you can find anything you wish. It has 2 pools, free ice and most parking is covered!! The only thing bad I can say about our trip was the distance from the Boardwalk to the water. It is very far. Cape May was beautiful and very close. Try the Lobster House Restaurant!!! We traveled 35 minutes and visited Atlantic City. Again, good job Shiv!! We will see you again sometime. Friends, give this place a try. If anything is wrong, give the staff a chance to make it right. If not get your wallet out and stay somewhee else!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family