“Poorly Maintained!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
phila,pa
“Poorly Maintained!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

I went for a overnight stay for four people, the staff was friendly and it's less than a block away from the beach, but that was about all that was good. The water pressure was extremely low, it took about 15 minutes to get wet, there were no remotes for the tv, lamp didn't work, outlets didn't work. The curtains didn't cover the whole window so we had no privacy!!!! The motel needs to be upgraded!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

I've been to Wildwood many times over the last 40 years. This place was close to the beach, the staff was more than eager to please and make things right. It has 2 pools one overlooking the main drag, and you can seee and hear the boardwalk from there. It needs a little TLC but they are trying hard, considering these magestic 60's hotels are getting to be 50 years old. I would not consider staying in anything else in Wildwood. I parked my car Sunday and never started it until I was leaving. This place is close to everything, I had my bike and they stored it in the laundry room for me at night. If you can't have fun here, good clean fun,outdoors go to Atlantic city. Look around, take the Doo-wop tour, appreciate the buildings, sights, food and the beach. With the boardwalk right there you will never get bored. Bring food, bike, a beach chair, an unbrella. HAve a great time, I did.
PS Right across from the RiteAid Store everything you need that you forgot is the best

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

The motel was clean and very conveniently located. I loved being right across the street from Rite Aid. I made multiple trips for those inevitably left-behind items and snacks and such. I also liked the 2 pools; one for smaller kids and one for bigger kids/adults. The one pool was ground level the other was on the 2nd floor. Two blocks to the boardwalk and beach made trips back to the motel for lunch easy.

The motel was definitely a throwback to the Wildwood heyday but that's the charm of the area. Rooms were a tad on the small side, but clean with the management and cleaning staff always nearby to help if necessary. The owner went above and beyond helping us find the address for Cool Scoops; an ice cream parlor in North Wildwood (very much worth the trip.)

Our room was a bit tough to maneuver in. The two full sized beds took up most of the floor. Getting past one another in the room was a problem. But we had a small refrigerator and microwave in the room that was super convenient to keep stuff to eat on hand. Saved a bunch not having to eat out every night.

Other rooms were laid out better; either because the room was bigger or because there was one bed.

Lots of families taking up multiple rooms, which I felt lent itself to the "community" feeling of staying here; folks sitting in the chairs outside their rooms chatting.

We had a great time!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Fishkill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

When we arrived, "Uncle" set us up - parking, space to lock our bikes, showed us to our rooms. A real welcome. Easy walk to the boardwalk - less than two short blocks, and another 2 block equivalent to the beach front. Two pools, one for younger kids, another (we dubbed the north wing pool) seemed to fit adults and older kids. Very friendly staff. Easy bike rides all around town, tennis courts less than a block, the convention center within sight of some of the rooms. Excellent service.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

My friends and I came to this place after our prom, and we received nothing but kindness from the owner and the workers. The place isn't the greatest in the world, I won't lie. But if your looking for a nice, cheap weekend stay with friends, this place is perfect. The pool is nice, it's right by the boardwalk, and a delicious diner is right across the street. As I said earlier the owner was incredibly nice, and was very helpful with anything we needed.

So as previous stated, if your looking for a nice weekend at the beach, and you don't feel like dropping too much money, this place is perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

I came here with a group of my friends expecting it to be like all the other motels in the area that are not accommodating and are disgusting, i soon found out that the owner of the motel was one of the nicest men i have ever met. First off he let us check out about 3 hours after our chekc out time, he also let us check in very late. He also called triple A for me to get my car started because left a light on. I did not have a card, so he used his and got the car up without even having to pay.

For the rooms, they were very nice, they all had beds and sheets and all the silver wear was clean and polished. The fridge worked properly and i was very satisfied with what we were getting.

If I were to come to Wildwood again, i would definitely choose to stay at the Royal Court Motel.

• Stayed April 2009
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

The staff were nice especially Catherine. I do want to say that the bathroom sink had fruit flies coming up from it, and we had not one piece of fruit or veggie in our room. The maid came in and just tidied up, just made the bed, sheets were not changed. Also, our car was moved and when we got in to leave there was this strange thing on the seat, it looked like a stuffed leaf, and we were afraid to touch it, we finally got it off and stepped on it, and it was the most disgusting thing ever.

My opinion, I would not stay there again.

Stayed August 2008
royalcourt, Manager, Royal Court Motel at Royal Court Motel, responded to this review, 22 October 2008
Thank you for your review. In response we would like to let readers know that for guests staying under three nights we do not mandate a complete linen change unless the guest requests new sheets for both nights. For guests who stay over 3 nights, we mandate a linen change every three days. As regards the fruit flies in the drain, we take weekly preventative measures to address such occurrences and protect drainage systems throughout the property. This is the first we have heard of it happening. Lastly, we are deeply sorry to hear of a mysterious item being left in your car. However, we were never notified of such an occurrence and have no way to corroborate and rectify the matter. We welcome all communications and we take pride in meeting our guests needs and resolving any potential concerns. But in this instance, we were not alerted at the time of the event. We have no way to determine the cause of the incident and whether we are at fault.

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels