“Mrsmcgee”
Review of Starfire Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Starfire Motel
Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Linden, New Jersey
“Mrsmcgee”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at this motel for the Irish feat/Car show in September! The rooms are spotless and so are the grounds! The owners are very nice and helpful and are hands on owners. We cant wait to go back there in September!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Another stay another homerun.Rosanna, and her husband who run the motel treat all guests like extended family.where at most motels the owners disappear after you check in, our hosts are available from the first pot of complementary coffee to you go to bed . A 6 STAR MOTEL.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Scottflows
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Rooms were small, but very clean. Property outside is also very clean. Owners were very nice and hands on. Very quiet except for when the people upstairs from us decided to drop a suitcase or something on the floor between 1 and 2 a.m. They then starting stomping around and were either yelling or talking VERY loud. I can assume that they must have been pretty drunk. This went on for quite a long time. Needless to say, we were awake for the rest of the night.

Also, it seems a lot of the guests smoke (permitted outside) so I felt like anytime I was outside I was walking through smoke. A lot of people drinking beer at the pool and this was before lunch and it was not a bunch of kids, they were 50ish. One woman in this group actually announced for the whole pool to hear that she was going in to take a "whiz" - classy! I think this was the first time in my life that I ever heard a woman use that word.

My review is nothing against the motel, I guess I had more of a beef with the guests.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie T
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We've stayed at many Wildwood motels over the years, and the Starfire was the cleanest and most up to date room we've stayed in yet. Booking rooms at the Jersey Shore is always a little dicey. Motels are pretty booked up all summer due to demand, so owners don't have a lot of incentive to go above and beyond the basics. It's nice to find a place that really seems to care about providing a quality stay.

Room Tip: Go with the second floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JerseyTraveler100
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Starfire. Friendly owners; clean comfortable motel room containing refrigerator, Microwwave oven, hairdryer, large flat-screen tv,and wifi.
We will probably stay here again.

3 Thank Leonard L
North Tonawanda, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Starfire (although not sure why). When I'd done research about all of the "motels" in the area, this one just looked to be the best. The location is THE BEST with mere steps to the boardwalk/beach. We found a great place to eat breakfast too, a short 5 minute walk from the motel. The staff was pleasant, helpful and accommodating (Rosanna even let us keep our car there for a few hours until we left NJ which she didn't have to do). Since there is not a plethora of true "hotels" in the area, we were more than thrilled with this little gem. Small, but clean and just as advertised!

1 Thank MLE1004
Howell, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have been going to the Starfire with my family for 6 years and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I love how clean it is, its location, the pool and lounge chairs, and their customer service. I cannot wait till next year!

1 Thank Ally S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#3 of 76 in Wildwood
SeaGull Motel
SeaGull Motel
#4 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Starfire Motel? Share your experiences!