“Vacation”

Riviera Resort & Suites
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The Riviera hotel and the Sea-N-Sun are owned together. You may use the pool in either hotel. Place is clean and friendly. Always some to reach at the front deak day or night. This place is a good deal!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank freemidget

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I recently booked a room at the Riviera Resort Motel in Wildwood, New Jersey and I have to say, I was really impressed. The service was great from the time I checked in until the time I pulled away from the parking lot. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. My room was on the ground level but I did not hear any noise outside - room was spacious and clean (much cleaner than a few other places I have stayed.....). Nice flatscreen TV, microwave and mini fridge in room - everything you need at a beach resort.

I would like to thank all the management and staff that made my stay so enjoyable. I have been here before and will definitely take advantage of these accomodations again.

Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: I have never been in a bad room (ground level, 2nd floor equally clean and pleasant)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark E
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This place is great, very personable and helpful to everyone, this hotel is spotless and the crew will run out to help you in every way we go for our American Legion Convention every year and this year was no different , 8 days of pleasure! thanks again Tom & Kim Flaherty

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Spent one night in the Riviera on a business trip (yes business in Wildwood) had planned to stay 2 but got the business done quicker and was offered a trip back to Philadelphia. The Riviera graciously credited the second nights accommodation which was very much appreciated. The rooms were excellent, staff really helpful and location ideal. Would stay again - no hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This was the only hotel we could find open at 11 p.m. in Wildwood NJ and cost $150 for a Thurs. night out of season, and the room was about 9x9--I had NEVER been in such a small room. The guy who checked us in was slower than molasses (and joked about stabbing my son with scissors, which I didn't find amusing).
The Internet wasn't working on our computer or Ipod. So I called the front desk and asked the guy to check the router and maybe turn it off and on because there were no bars and it wasn't accessible (both had worked at McD's a short time earlier, and I do Internet on the road enough that I KNOW how to work it).
Instead of creative problem solving, he insisted it was working. I said, "I'm glad it's working in your office but the signal is not reaching the rooms." I mentioned that we needed the Internet and that was part of what we paid for.
So did he make sure I had the right password, check his router cords, or offer to pay for us to use the neighborhood wireless that costs $6 an hour or $12 a day? Or even suggest we come to the office for Internet or try it again in 15 minutes? Or even offer to knock $10 off the hotel bill?
No. He informed me that they weren't meeting our needs so I could come to the office and get a full refund. "You mean leave? Like where are we supposed to go? It's midnight. We're here." So he wanted to talk to my HUSBAND and informed him that we needed to leave. Because I complained that the Internet didn't work. No choice. I have 2 kids and my husband is a senior. My 9 year old was sobbing her eyes out because she was so upset that we were kicked out. And of course he refused to give us any leads on finding another hotel and they all close down at 10 p.m. here.
Then we had to sit around while Mr. slower than molasses inspected the room to make sure we hadn't trashed it in the 20 minutes before we were kicked out.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
17  Thank KCwoman
Reviewed 31 May 2012

There's a lot to say good about the Riviera so I'll try to keep it short. I've always stayed in the 2-bedroom efficiency w/ balcony. The rooms are always super-clean. The staff is friendly, the property is well maintained, and the motel is in the perfect location (boardwalk/beach half a block away), and the pool/pool area is nice. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I took a look at Trip Advisor today, and I realized my last review for the Riviera was from 2008. I wrote a lengthy review in 2007, but, unfortunately, my 2008 review caused the 2007 one to be overwritten. So, I expect this review to overwrite the 2008 review, and so my 2008 review is pasted below this one...

2012 will be the 6th consecutive year that my family and I are staying at the Riviera. We've already booked (we were probably the first people to book back in January!), and so I can safely write this review without worrying that anyone can "steal" our room!

From 2007 - 2011, we spent 28 nights at the Riviera, and we loved everyone one of them! The fact that we've booked another summer trip this year should say it all. There are a ton of motels/hotels at which to stay in the Wildwood area, but we have absolutely no reason to look elsewhere. As other reviewers have already said, Beth, Geoff, and Reggie (who have all been there for all 5 of our trips) are all outstanding. Over the years, we've stopped by the front desk numerous times just to chat, and they've always had time to help us out, answer our questions, etc. They've done everything from give us directions to let us borrow wine glasses! Visiting the Riviera has started to feel like a trip to visit friends.

The motel itself is clean, in a great location, and allows access to 2 parking lots and 2 pools (one at the Sea N' Sun motel across the street). Housekeeping is great....they take care of everything, and we've never had any problems. I can go on and on, but I read every other review for this motel, and all I can say is that all of the good stuff is absolutely true. As for the very few negative reviews: We haven't seen/heard any guest complain about anything....nor have we seen any guests have any problems at all....in the 28 days we've been there. So, I wonder if competitors wrote some of the (very few) negative reviews?!

Anyway, the motel is perfect for couples and families. If you are looking for a "party" motel, then I suggest you look elsewhere. The staff at the Riviera won't take any crap from the juvenile types, which is what makes the Riviera perfect for the rest of us.

Looking forward to our visit again this summer!

My 2008 review:

I just wanted to add my second review for the Riviera, as my wife and I stayed there again for 6 nights in June/July 2008 (we also stayed at the Riviera last year) and, again, had a GREAT time!! We loved the Riviera the 2nd time just as much as the first time (please see my review that I posted in April regarding our summer 2007 stay)!! The rooms and facilities were as clean as last year, and all of the wonderful staff were back! If you are looking for a nice, safe, spotless, and friendly motel (for couples or families) in Wildwood, NJ, then don't waste your time....instead, just trust the numerous reviews of the Riviera on TripAdvisor! This recent trip was my 8th summer trip to Wildwood, and the Riviera is the best Wildwood motel in which I have stayed! We will return to the Riviera again in 2009 without a second thought.

Please feel free to contact me to ask any Wildwood/Cape May questions (i.e. where to go, where to eat, what to do)!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family