“Love it!”

Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Brooklyn, New York
“Love it!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I look forward to my visit every year!!! The place is immaculate and the staff, both management and housekeeping, are so friendly and knowledgeable! The property is a few steps from the Boardwalk and all of the sun and fun. I have referred family, friends, and work associates without hesitation!

Room Tip: Depends on your personal preference. I have had rooms that face the street or the pool and was plea...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jus4meaka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Central, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We headed down to Wildwood for a last minute vacation and were lucky enough that the Riviera had a last minute cancellation and had a vacancy. We were very pleased the place was spotless and located very close to the boardwalk. We had the room with the king bed and large Jacuzzi bathroom. While staying at the Riviera you are also entitled to use the pool across the street at the Sea and Sun Resort, which is run by the same owners. The only thing we were wishing for was a heated pool or hot tub. We will definitely be returning to either of these hotels in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank taxgirl66
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed here with my family and it was a wonderful experience. I would recommend it to anyone. The rooms were clean and they have the friendliest staff. It's right near the boardwalk so the location is great for the beach.

1 Thank 10krwilliams
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here this year and once again had an awesome experience. Just cross the street and you are on the Boardwalk. My mother is disabled and has difficulty walking and the staff were so accommodating. In addition to the wonderful weather the staff (office and cleaning) were always friendly and greeted us with a smile. The rooms were spotless and cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis. The grounds were impeccable and staff worked around the clock to keep it that way. When you have a courteous friendly team, you set the tone for your guests. I was happy, totally relaxed and had an awesome time. If I could change one thing..... I would have extended my stay. I didn't want to come home. The Riviera works because the people there work. They have the perfect combination and I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

1 Thank Christij908
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I had originally scheduled a stay at a motel nearby and realized the second we walked in it was horrible. As we were looking through listings of nearby hotels with great ratings we came across this one. It saved the whole vacation and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had stayed in a cozy suite that reminded us of a nice apartment in the city, and allowed us to actually enjoy spending time in the room. The room was well-kept and clean. I would stay at this hotel again.

2 Thank Family-man193
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We love this hotel. The rooms are so nice and very clean. The staff are all so pleasant and have a wealth of information to share about Wildwood. Great location but not noisy at all. The pool is clean and there are plenty of chairs. We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank janet b
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here last August for the first time. The location is great and the rooms were nice. Staff was even friendly. However, the pool that they claim is heated, is most definitely not. We could not even get in the water, so unenjoyable. And the hot tub is the same temperature as the pool. When we mentioned it to the office staff, we were told all the rain Wildwood had seen in the days leading up to our vacation had caused the pool to be colder than usual. Fine.

This August came and we were hesitant to come back to this hotel because of the pool issue we encountered last time. Considering that my wife is almost 7 months pregnant, swimming was the main activity on our agenda for this vacation. When I called the hotel prior to booking, I specifically asked if the pool was heated. I was told yes it was and it even said so on the websites. So I decided to book 3 nights. When we arrived, we went to our whirlpool suite which was just as nice as the year before and then decided to go swimming. Once again the water was freezing. If your pool is "heated" then the temperature should at least be higher than what felt like 55 degrees. I felt terrible for my wife because it was very difficult for her to enjoy the water. Since the pool was suppose to be the highlight of our trip, we left the next day once we realized the water wasn't getting any warmer.

We won't be back. If we do decide to come to Wildwood next summer, we will stay at a hotel with a pool that is actually heated.