“Enjoyable Stay at Riviera”

Riviera Resort & Suites
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Let me start by saying, I'm not a big fan of the Jersey Shore. I prefer driving or flying South and visiting the Carolinas or Florida. Going to Wildwood isn't really relaxing...typically, the hotel rooms are small and outdated....parking is tight.....sigh....

With that said, if you're going to Wildwood, Riviera is the place to stay. We rented a two bedroom efficiency for a 2 adult/2 kid family visit. The unit was wonderful. A small stove, dishwasher, large fridge, microwave, and all kinds of kitchenware. There was a huge bathroom (yes, huge for a hotel) and two decent size bedrooms. The staff was friendly and accommodating (we checked in VERY early with no grief whatsoever). For a non-Wildwood fan, I was happy.

A few things of concern....the Wifi didn't work well.....the floors weren't very clean (the rest of the unit was perfect), and the hotel doesn't have any laundry facilities.

It's located right by one of Morey's Piers, the main part of the boardwalk....the beach is a bit of a walk...but, the key is to gain access at the end of the pier (less time walking through the sand in flip flops).

I would stay here again. I have a six year old and felt safe. A good choice for families.

Room Tip: two bedroom efficiencies are right by the pool on the ground floor....perfect...no stairs and very l...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vinscamaro

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The former management was more congenial. They knew more about the area to make certain recommendations. I'm sure the 'language barrier' unfortunately contributed to the overall experience. Too, the combining of the properties to handle certain issues, like the pool and how it seemed all the kids staying at the 3 properties ended up in 1 pool.......to the point the pool had to be closed! I liked the fact that the pool was right outside my room to sit by and read a book and enjoy the sun. Who wants to walk to a pool at a different location when your paying for that amenity at the property your staying?!

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank BeachNonna
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for a night in the 1 bedroom mini suite. Ended up being delayed and getting in much later than expecting at night, but after calling ahead and explaining the situation, was told it was no problem. After finally getting in, check-in was a breeze and the well-kept, spacious room was a welcome sight. The bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of room to stretch out in the rest of the 'mini-suite'.

In the morning we had planned to use the heated pool along as the overcast and breezy weather (and the later occasional rain) discouraged us from really enjoying the beach. Unfortunately, the pool wasn't as warm as expected, and the only moderately warm part was the whirlpool, which while sharing the same water, was a smaller space and held the heat a little better. Not sure if this was just an isolated thing where there was some trouble with the heat, so we weren't too bothered by it.

The location was great, as it's just a short walk to about the middle of the boardwalk. If boardwalk food isn't what you're in the mood for at whatever time, there are a few other fast-food options only a few blocks away.

Overall the stay was great, the staff was very accommodating and personable and I'm definitely planning on staying here again the next time around. I'd definitely recommend this to others, as well.

1  Thank Kevan W
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am a Wildwood veteran and this was my first (and hopefully not last) experience at the Riviera. My first impression was an EXTREMELY welcoming and friendly check-in staff, followed by a nicely maintained, clean room with 2 new flat screen TV's. We stayed in the one bedroom apartment suite... living room, kitchenette, and separate bedroom. The living room closet had extra pillows and blankets and the bedroom closet had extra pillows. It was nice to not have to call and ask for them. The AC was in the bedroom so we were able to cool it right down and sleep like babies. The hotel is directly across the street from the boardwalk (nice to not have to pay for parking). Also, you get access to 2 pools, Riviera and Stardust. The pools are small, but having the option is a nice bonus. The hotel has a Kurieg in the lobby that they encourage guests to take advantage of (also a very nice bonus). Overall, we would definitely stay here again. I do wish that the bedroom had a larger bed then just a full. A queen would certainly fit and offer a little more comfort. Otherwise, it's one of the cleanest motels with some of the nicest staff.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites offer nice space and large, sunny windows.
2  Thank JerseyFun
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I loved the place. Had a great time! Ivo in the front office was great. He was very helpful after having car trouble on the way down. I work in a hotel and usually see staff members just "Hangin" about...this staff was always busy working even the night staff!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very clean and very affordable! Great price for the week! Will return soon! The pool was very clean. Staff was friendly. Close walk to the boardwalk and ocean. Convenient shower and hose to clean off after beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Aimeefreeman74
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My girlfriend and I took a trip down to Wildwood from New York City and stayed at the Riviera Resort and were very pleased.

The price for a whirlpool room wasn't much more than the basic room, so we went with that and were very glad we did. The bathroom is huge. Easily the largest of any hotel I've stayed at. There's a large Jacuzzi tub that can easily fit two people, and a separate shower. The shower has a steam function, so you can use it as a sauna, which is very nice. The bed was very comfortable and there's a large couch in the room as well.

I believe there are 4 whirlpool units (at least that I could see), with two downstairs and two upstairs. Try and get an upstairs one as you have a private balcony. Actually the downstairs ones have an area of equal size, it's just more of a porch, since it's on the ground level. Not a bad thing per se, but my personal preference is to have a balcony versus a porch.

The hotel has a heated pool with a jacuzzi area as well, so if you're worn out from the boardwalk, you can go relax there.

Speaking of the boardwalk, you can pretty much throw a stone and hit it from the hotel. It's literally a 30 second walk away. The big amusement parks and the Splash Zone water park are all less than 5 minutes away. It would be hard to be situated in a better location.

The staff was very accommodating . We checked out on Monday morning, but wanted to spend a while at the Splash Zone water park and not head home until later that afternoon, and they let us keep my car parked there even though we were technically no longer guests.

I wouldn't expect that on a weekend, however, We arrived on Saturday afternoon and parking was very tight. We got one of the last spots. By Monday, though there was ample parking.

If I had to nitpick, it would be nice if the cleaning staff would leave the little single serve coffee packs in the room, rather than you having to go in person to the front desk to ask for one (there's a coffee pot in the room, so why not?) I like to have a cup of coffee on the balcony in the morning, so that would come in handy. Like I said though, that's nitpicking and far from a big deal.

The hotel is also only about a 10 minute drive to Cape May, where we spent some time (if you're looking for ideas, rent a kayak from Cape Kayak, and do the winery tour at Cape May Winery).

We were very happy with our choice of hotel and definitely plan on visiting again.

3  Thank Tyler B