“Far Beyond Expectations”

Riviera Resort & Suites
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've been coming to Wildwood, NJ. for years with my family. It was always with my parents and they would rent a condo for an entire week and we would soak up all that Wildwood would have to offer in this family tradition. My grandparents brought my dad here, my dad brought us, and now it was my time to continue the tradition. It was something I had been looking forward to doing for a long time. Now, at my stage in life I can't afford a large condo for a minimum of a week but we still wanted a great experience, so my girlfriend and I did what anyone today does, head to the internet and started looking for reviews. The Riveriera was the best recommended place to stay in all of Wildwood, and now I can understand why. I wasn't expecting a condo experience for the mini-suite we rented but when we arrived but the experience went far beyond expectations. When we arrived the staff was very courteous, professional and pleasant, the room was clean and fresh and the property was kept clean of litter. The biggest problem encountered on the entire stay was a lightbulb that burnt out on a miscellaneous side lamp, but after so many people staying and using it, a burnt out lightbulb isn't exactly the biggest deal in the world to me. I think if that's the biggest problem anyone encounters on vacation they're doing pretty well.
The value of staying at the Riveriera went well beyond the price. It is one block from the boardwalk and beach, it's just off from the middle of everything on the boardwalk, between the Ferris Wheel and the Great White, and is very accessible and convenient. I would definitely recommend this accommadation for anyone looking to stay in Wildwood.

Room Tip: The mini-suites have a bit of extra space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jeremy B

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had 5 in the 2 bedroom with balcony and it was perfect, Clean, great location, and lots of space. Cooked a couple of meals and love the condo style kitchen. A bit expensive for off the beach, but a great place.

2  Thank John D
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to wildwood about thirty times and this by far is one of the best if not the best. Great staff great location and perfect sized rooms. The only thing I would change is have the wait staff leave some coffee packs in the rooms by the coffee pot. I can't wait until I go back

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank misterme
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with balcony and the place was spacious and very clean. We loved that it was right across from the boardwalk. The pool was clean and the sundeck was definitely a plus. This will be our new motel stay when we visit Wildwood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I took a last minute trip to the shore for a few days. We called and made a last minute reservation and showed up a few hours later at this motel. We really enjoyed our stay. We checked in and paid a $20 deposit for our room keys which is standard in many motels. The room we checked into was super clean and in a great spot within the complex. We overlooked the main street and could see the boardwalk too. The balcony was very large and fit at least four chairs and a table or too. The room itself was super clean and the bathroom was simple but met all of our needs. We really liked our stay. We initially booked just one night but had such a good time that we stayed another night. The room rate was very reasonable especially for such a last minute reservation. This motel had a pool and a whirlpool which was clean and well maintained. Overall, we really loved this location. We would highly recommend this motel for any looking to stay at Wildwood. This motel was awesome!

1  Thank Douglas W
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Let me start by saying, I'm not a big fan of the Jersey Shore. I prefer driving or flying South and visiting the Carolinas or Florida. Going to Wildwood isn't really relaxing...typically, the hotel rooms are small and outdated....parking is tight.....sigh....

With that said, if you're going to Wildwood, Riviera is the place to stay. We rented a two bedroom efficiency for a 2 adult/2 kid family visit. The unit was wonderful. A small stove, dishwasher, large fridge, microwave, and all kinds of kitchenware. There was a huge bathroom (yes, huge for a hotel) and two decent size bedrooms. The staff was friendly and accommodating (we checked in VERY early with no grief whatsoever). For a non-Wildwood fan, I was happy.

A few things of concern....the Wifi didn't work well.....the floors weren't very clean (the rest of the unit was perfect), and the hotel doesn't have any laundry facilities.

It's located right by one of Morey's Piers, the main part of the boardwalk....the beach is a bit of a walk...but, the key is to gain access at the end of the pier (less time walking through the sand in flip flops).

I would stay here again. I have a six year old and felt safe. A good choice for families.

Room Tip: two bedroom efficiencies are right by the pool on the ground floor....perfect...no stairs and very l...
2  Thank vinscamaro
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The former management was more congenial. They knew more about the area to make certain recommendations. I'm sure the 'language barrier' unfortunately contributed to the overall experience. Too, the combining of the properties to handle certain issues, like the pool and how it seemed all the kids staying at the 3 properties ended up in 1 pool.......to the point the pool had to be closed! I liked the fact that the pool was right outside my room to sit by and read a book and enjoy the sun. Who wants to walk to a pool at a different location when your paying for that amenity at the property your staying?!

• Stayed: June 2014