Beach Terrace Motor Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Blue Palms(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$52
Aquarius Motor Inn(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$112
US$86
US$97
US$99
Skylark Resort Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$57
The Sand Box Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
Le Voyageur Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$83
Sea-N-Sun Resort Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewsprivate balconiesfamily friendsfull sizeevery summersheribolero
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have been staying at the Beach Terrace since I was youngster. I am quite surprised of the negative reviews. The location is great, everything is alway clean and maintained, the cleaning staff does a great job, sheets, towels, etc. are snow white clean everytime. Ms. Sherri at the front desk is ALWAYS pleasant, accomodating and greets everyone with a smile and always makes us feel like family. Rates are reasonable. If there are problems, Ms. Sherri is right on it to ensure you have a wonderful experience, at the hotel. I will admit, the beds can be more comfy and I would not recommend the Rusty Rudder because the service is not good due to the change over of new waiting staff but overall, as far as the hotel is concerned, my experience has always been pleasant, as I will continue to go down their as a faithful customer to continue my long standing famiy tradition. When you call, ask for Ms. Smiling Sherri...she is the best :-)

Kimba

Room Tip: Book the 3rd floor, its the pool level! Ask for Ms. Sherri, she is very nice and helpful!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kimba J
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We travel a lot and the price was right for this hotel, so we took a chance! The best thing about this hotel was the view, we paid a bit extra to be on the 8th floor but it was worth it, the view of the amusement park at night was awesome. You have a pretty nice view of the ocean without paying the price of an oceanview room. We did have to wait for our room to be cleaned upon arrival and didn't get into our room until after 3 but that was fine. Parking was safe, the room was nice and clean. The bed was a little on the "hard" side. We did venture downstairs for breakfast a couple of times and that was ok, the morning staff at the restaurant was great!
Everything is within walking distance and at night with your doors closed we couldn't hear a thing!
Will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank j0nah2010
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for my entire life every year in the summer and, this being my 18th year, I cannot think of where to begin how much this hotel has changed. From the moment management was renewed it seemed like it went down hill from there. The transition from blue to pink paint was a terrible idea--it looks absolutely tacky. The Rusty Rudder, the hotels restaurant, has had a major quality plummet. The food is no longer made with love but more so thrown into the pans like it was made in the microwave. The only thing left that's savory are the waffles. The rooms are OKAY. The bedding is nice, however mattress' could be a little bit softer. The flooring has gone from safe and comfortable to dirty and dangerous. I don't know whose grand idea it was to replace the carpet with tiles but it is really a safety hazard when it comes to walking around especially if there are many guests in and out of the pool and traveling via elevator to get from the pool to the room or vice versa. Speaking of the pool, it is pretty average. The deepest is 4 feet and you get what you pay for is not a statement the hotel lives up to. You would think that for $150 a night, the pool would be nice and painted, right? Wrong! Half of the pool in the shallow end is greatly lacking paint on the pool floor! I can not understand for a hotel that makes a good deal of money doesn't have the time and money to paint pool floor! The staff, not that considerate. Like I said, I've been coming here all my life and this year was the first year where I waited almost an hour and a half for my room to be ready. Although I arrived there at 2:00pm and check in is at 3:00pm, it should not take that long to clean ONE room. Check out is at 11 am which gives more than enough time to clean a room. With that being said, the maid service is TERRIBLE. They seem to hire foreign maids and that gets tricky if their English isn't well. They dot really clean as thorough as they should. They don't even present themselves professionally. They also don't understand privacy. I should not have to go out to the beach and come back to find three maids cleaning my room without my permission! That was the last straw; you're better off cleaning your own room and getting better service. The entire trip over was alright, definitely not average as it used to be in the past. I think Bolero is your best bet. I've stayed there for two years and haven't had any problems like this. It's a bit more expensive but it is totally worth the extra bucks. Not to mention that the food is EXCELLENT. Definitely not considering another stay here next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank DaniTA92094
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Seriously, this is the best location for a motel/hotel. You are facing the middle of the boardwalk, with a great view of the Ferris Wheel, and at night when you are lounging on the balcony, you have a great view of the boardwalk and the beach (just bring some binoculars!). The walk to the boardwalk is just one block up. You get two queen beds and in the front room is a full bed, so you can sleep 6 very comfortably. Plenty of space for luggage, body boards, beach equipment, full size fridge and microwave. You can get delivery to your room from most food establishments in wildwood. The pool is ok, but the real reason you are there is the beach. There are three water parks , but I recommend only doing Raging waters (middle Morey pier) or the Oasis, (left Morey pier) . If you buy the tickets at the hotel you save money. Ride wristband is 60 or 66 and the water parks are like 25 (not sure of the water park price), but if you buy the combo, water park and rides, its 60.00. So its like getting water park for free!!! The roller coasters on the piers are great and I don't think I ever waited more than 5 minutes for a ride. The kiddie rides have long lines, but the trick is to let them nap very late and hit the park late and the rides die down. We have been staying at this motel for a decade and for the most part everyone is friendly and nice. Yes the towels are like sandpaper, but maybe they do that so no one steals them. I think if they updated the throw blankets and the towels, it wold be a better experience. the toilet in 808 takes a long time to fill, so have a little patience. or only flush, if you have a good solid reason!

Room Tip: they all face the ocean so its good. the pool is on the 3rd floor, so 4th floor and up!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel and the price can't be beat, but the room and the service need to some serious updating. The tile ceiling in the bathroom was falling down and the toilet takes forever to flush. You have to hold the handle down for about a minute. We found long hairs in the bathtub that did not belong to us and dead insects on the window sills. I did not like the tile floors in the room at all, it made the room feel slimy and dirty. The coffee pot didn't come with coffee (wth??) and there were no tissues or shampoo that usually comes with a room. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. Ok for a 1-2 day stay, but that's it. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013