“RUN AWAY!!!!!!”

Beach Terrace Motor Inn
Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is without a doubt the most disgusting hotel I ever attempted to stay at. We arrived at the hotel and the place is very run down. When we got to our room, there was hair all over the bottom of the shower, the pillow cases had yellow stains on them and there was blood on the wall.

The owners (slum lords) refused to refund our money for the night - they denied anything was wrong but sent two maids up there to change the bedding, clean the bathroom and wash the walls. Only wish I had take pictures.

Do yourselves a favor and stay away.

7  Thank Thomas F

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place is not clean. The blankets were dirty I didn't sit on the bed until I got a towel out to sit on. I actually went and bought blankets and slept on towels. The toilet was stopped up, the tub would not drain so you could be standing in someone else's dirt, the floors were dirty, and the lock was shaky. The only good thing was the location, one block from the boardwalk which was nice. Do you research and find another place to stay.

Room Tip: The wi-fi didn't and a tip......find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank cindy d
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great staff and great location to walk to the boardwalk. Our room was clean and spacious. Bathroom is small, but the hotel grounds were quiet at night. Bed's are hard but I would stay here again with my family & friends. Great pool we love it.

Room Tip: Fifth floor great view boardwalk and the ocean and the nightlife.
1  Thank captainisabella
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great staff and great location to walk to the boardwalk. Our room was clean and spacious. Bathroom is small, but the hotel grounds were quiet at night. Bed's are hard and fridge was dirty, but I would stay here again with my family.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The beds sucked. And outdoor balcony lights need to be controlled individually from rooms. The grills should be cleaned more often. The white plastic chairs need replacex. Oherwise a great experience
...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hello, we booked the Beach Terrance for a 3 day stay with my family. Price seemed good. We went with 5 people and the horror started when we got there. On booking.com it stated the hotel had 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed. It also said it had 1 queen bed, 1 full bed and a sofa bed. When we got there it didn't have 2 rooms. It had 2 full size beds and a HORRIBLE sofa bed. They count the kitchen which houses the sofa bed a room. The first 20 mins we were there the toilet broke. Worst bathroom ever. The shower pressure is a joke and goes from hot to cold. The piss poor sofa bed broke the first night so I had to sleep on the sofa with my girlfriend. They replaced it with another bed but it was horrible also. The service is ok, nothing great, the bar in the lobby was never open, parking is limited, and the air doesn't work well. Also the BBQ down stairs was broke and the pool was gross. Don't stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Evang123
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We've been coming to Wildwood NJ as a family for over a decade. This was our first time at the Beach Terrace Inn. We stayed for 3 nights. It was a good experience. Many positives.

The room was clean. It had 3 beds - good for 6 people. It had a fridge and 2 TVs plus a small table area. There was a pool which was open late (until 10:00PM). Both elevators worked fine. The staff was helpful and pleasant to speak to. The view from our 6th floor balcony was awesome! The AC worked so well we had to turn it off several times. The WIFI worked fine too. There was plenty of free ice and the front desk happily gave us more towels when we asked for some extras. It's also right off the boardwalk and near the beach - 2 more big positives!

I've read many of the reviews of the Beach Terrace on this site. After staying there for a few days - I guess my question is - What do you really expect? It's a MOTOR INN in Wildwood NJ. It's not a highly modernized hotel. Bottom line - it was clean, affordable, and worth the money.

Are there things that need improved or updated? Sure!! But I've found that to be the case with every motel/hotel I've ever stayed in. YES - the pool was a bit cold. YES - the bed spreads need to be burned and replaced with something cleaner and neater. YES - the shower water temperatures did vary a bit one morning. Are any of these really a huge issue? Not to us normal families. It's all part of the trip:))

I think many of the reviews on this site are giving the Beach Terrace a "bum rap". It's a good place to spend some quality time with your family and enjoy the WILDWOOD BEACH LIFE for a few days!

5  Thank Shawn P