“Good Place to Stay”

Beach Terrace Motor Inn
Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 19 October 2005

First time at the Beach Terrace. Many times in Wildwood. People are fantastic. Everything worked in the room. Central location. Safe covered parking. Take the optional meals. The buffet is really good. Yes we will go back.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank kenney_27

Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Reviewed 14 September 2004

We've stayed at the Beach Terrace for a few times in the last 15 years, but finally went elsewhere, as each time we would go, the rates were higher and the rooms were getting not so nice, meaning dirty, esp. carpeting and under beds, behind dressers, etc. and broken sofa beds. It is a shame because many, many years ago it was nice (about 20 years ago), but it has gone a little down since and year after year. It would be nice if they could clean up a little to make it nice like it used to be. Their buffets are very good and price is not that bad at all for the food you get and the people are so very nice, but they need to clean a little up their rooms, then perhaps we would go back again, as it is close to the boardwalk and about in the middle of the boardwalk--very good location.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sussex, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 September 2004

The people were very nice however....

The carpets were very dirty and my feet were black after walking around just for one evening. Also, don't look under the bed it has not been vacuumed in some time!

What burns me is that I've stayed at far better hotels/motels for far less than what they charge. I know location, location, location but let's be real. And they charge 25 cents for ice! There are no laundry provisions and coffee to go is not available from the restaurant. Also, the buffet is good but very expensive....We'll stay in Wildwood Crest or Cape May next year!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2004

I am still trying to figure out how this Motel was recommended as #4 on the top 5 list!. Way overpriced for what you get. You will not have a beautiful ocean view room no matter what they tell you! Your Ocean view room will consist of overlooking a few abandoned buildings across the street, an empty barely used parking facility, the amusement parks racing car tracks a few of the amusement parks attractions and a partial view of the entrance way to the boardwalk. Oh right below is the pool area. The pool area was the only thing I thought was nice, it was clean and had enough lounge chairs for all guests. However, you will be sadly disappointed with the room. When we checked in the room, there under the table was the last guests Papa Johns pizza box along with the papa John paper plates - which housekeeping failed to remove. The carpet will be thread bare in another year or so also the carpet is so dirty, ugly and unatrractive. The room's small beverage refrigerator was just that which was set on top of a coffee table. It's an ugly room - yes it's a suite but not your average, very sub par. The first thing out of both of my kids mouth was this is disgusting. They actually had a fight trying to see who could kill the roach crawling along the wall first. Then on top of that they have the gall to charge .25 cents. for ice! I thought that was tacky especially since they have 8 floors in the motel and you have to trek all the way back down to the 2nd floor for ice. The next day we left the room and hung the sign for cleaning svc. I came back to the room since I forgotten something as the svc was leaving and realized that the cleaning svc left the funnel cake the kids had the night before still on the table with the empty soda cans. I was appalled, I took the gargarge right up to the lady and told her about the mess she missed and she told me to put it in the gargarge bag which was attached to her cleaning cart, I told her no, you can put it there yourself and handed it to her. The Rusty Rudder Buffet restaurant which is connected to the Motel is way overpriced for the quality of food which is served. There was 2 kids in my group my husband and I, aside from the per person buffet PX we got a pitcher of ice tea and a glass of water and my bill was 62.00 $. I was not happy.
I went to the Red Oak buffet restaurant which is on the same block as the Motel the next day for breakfast and paid a total of 29.00 $ for all 4 of us.
The food was o.k. Don't do the Rusty Rudder - it's not that good of a selection and the selction they do have has been cooked way too long ago and just sitting under those hot lights drying out. I was so disappointed because it's the end of the summer and I wanted the kids to remember good things. A beach vacation isn't just the Beach & boardwalk but also the place you stay in and the scenery that makes that vacation that much better. When it rains these things tend to matter even more. I took the time to check out a few other motels while I was there for future stays, The Cara Mara - room looked good, ice was no addtl charge, nice pool area, games for the kids right on the beach with direct access to it. I know better next time. Oh the Motel did give us a box of candy upon checking out, but who cares... Candy won't make or break my vacation.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2004

We just got back from a visit to WILDWOOD and stayed at the BEACH TERRACE. I saw it was rated very high on this web page and thought I would try this hotel. The staff was nice and tried to be helpful, But the hotel was very very dirty. The carpets in the whole place were gross! We made are kids wear there shoes in the room because there feet where getting black. We were moved to a different room but they all looked the same. all the furniture was old and stained and the pull out bed was a joke. We asked about getting out of the room a day earlier but were told there no refunds so we stayed. I dont know how this place was rated so high on here .. but we found the place gross.

2  Thank MFD2003
Connecticut
Reviewed 7 August 2004

Just got back from 6 day stay at the Beach Terrace. What a great place to stay. All the rooms face the ocean/boardwalk.(SOOO close to boarwalk, 1/2 blockI'd call it.)
We were on the 6th floor and had an clear view of the Ocean, Boardwalk, And Ride Piers.
The pool was Nice, very clean. The pool is on the 3rd floor, so its private from the street(not viewable from street) Its outside and has sun most of the day. Lots of longe chairs & tables.
Plenty of parking for the guests.
Hotel rooms are very large and Very clean. The air conditioning worked great.
All around A++++++
Also, The staff was SO nice and Helpful!!!!!!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2004

We have stayed at Beach Terrace for 9 summers and is looking forward to it again. It's so convenience to everything. Management and staff is very curteous and prompt when needed. Rooms are very very clean. Rooms are very nice size and we love the ocean view! We recommend it all the time to our family and friends. They love it too!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member