“BAD”
Review of Barcelona Motel

Barcelona Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Barcelona Motel
Ranked #39 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The owners are very kind people. The rooms are old and need to be renovated desperately. The cleaning staff didn't even clean our rooms or change our towels or bed sheets. The room is filthy, there was pasta and dust underneath the beds. The bathroom was grimy and made me feel uncomfortable. However, it has a decent pool and it is right by the beach. All in all, I would not come here again and I advise you to go spend a little more cash and go somewhere and actually enjoy your vacation. We were very upset.

3  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We like this place because it is in a quiet neighborhood, located on the beach block, has rooms large enough( 3 or 4 beds in 2 rooms) to accommodate our family of four, offers kitchenettes, free ice, free parking, a free beach, nice owners, a pool, grills and all at a bargain rate. Plus they don't charge extra for my kids and there are no games or hidden charges, the price you see on their rate sheet is the price you are charged. Are the rooms perfectly spotless, beautifully decorated and luxurious - nope! But if it were, my guess is that they could charge a lot more than they do. If you enjoy the beach and just need a place to shower, sleep, make your morning cup of coffee, keep your sandwich fixings cold and warm up some quick dinners before heading off to have fun enjoying all there is to do at the shore, then this may be the spot for you. If you need to stare up at a beautifully clean, new ceiling as you sleep, plan to eat off of the floor, take long luxurious baths or admire the furnishings, go elsewhere. But if you would rather save your cash for other things, this is a bargain that can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karyn1990
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is my 4th trip with my family the rooms are adequate fully stocked kitchenette refrigerator 4 beds, linens are provided & best or its located a stones throw from the beach friendly service my kids love it ........

2  Thank jonsyke
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We drove over to Wildwood for a "day trip" with the kids and decided to stay a night. We walked into the Barcelona on Saturday afternoon and were surprised to see a vacancy sign! We were greeted by one of the sweetest women we have ever met! The owners of this place are by far the best hotels owners I have ever met! The hotel was perfect for the 4 of us and had everything we needed and more. The hotel has clean beds and towels, pool, cable tv, and wifi, fridge, microwave.... I mean really could not believe how lucky we got that we stummbled across a great priced family friendly hotel with great management! I cant say enough great things about our stay but I will end this by saying it is also practically on the beach!!!!! You walk through the parking lot nd BAM your on the beach! My family will be back!

Room Tip: Balcony by the pool had a great view for the fireworks that happened on the beach when we were there...
2  Thank Ryan K
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Being a teacher the end of the school year can be very stressful. I have always been looking for that perfect place to unwind. Upon arriving at the Barcelona I was greeted by the warm and friendly owner who showed me to my room. The setting is breathtaking. I arrived late and saw a beautiful orange/pink sky over the beach. The room, itself, was very inviting (also spotless) I felt like I was home. The minute walk to the beach was also a plus. During the day I spent my time lounging around the pool and chatting with others who had been staying at the Barcelona for countless summers. I left, after my stay, completely relaxed and ready to tackle the summer. I recommend this motel for anyone who wants to unwind, be surrounded by a warm and friendly crowd, and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Wildwood Crest. *** It didn't hurt that they also had a wonderful karaoke DJ on two of the nights I was there!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I saw the reviews before booking this place. How could it be bad, I thought. It had average reviews, only a few terrible reviews. Those are just unhappy people, I thought. Besides, the price was right. I figured, an inexpensive motel at the Jersey shore. How bad could it be?
Even the photos were fine. I went there expecting a clean, inexpensive place where we could stay for two nice nights.
Reality, however, intervened.
This place is a DUMP. Filthy. There were piles of dirt and dust on the floor near the bed where apparently a vacuum cleaner could not reach. Rather than clean it up, they cleaned AROUND the piles.
There was human hair in the sheets. In an allegedly freshly made bed. Yes, right.
You couldn't walk on the carpet or floor barefoot because you'd get filth on your feet.
Just remembering this horrific place makes my stomach turn.
The worst place I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a gross place in Cuba.
This makes that hovel seem like it was the Ritz Hotel.
Don't go here.
Don't spend your money here.
It is dirty, filthy and gross.
The glowing reviews?
Forget them and go elsewhere. Apparently a lot of people either have low expectations or they are on drugs when they write their reviews.
Don't be crazy.
Go elsewhere.
You'll thank me later.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Todd W
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Barcelona Motel is one of the best I've ever stayed in. The prices are reasonable its right next to the beach and perfect for families. The owners are the best I would give them a ten star. these rooms have kitchen for those who want to relax and make their own breakfast, lunch,or dinner. also guest service are great its from8am to 10pm. pool is perfect especially for families who have little one and heated when neededso........If you are looking for a relaxing, stress-free vacation, your next stop needs to be to the Barcelona Motel in Wildwood Crest, NJ. Whether you are a family with children or you and a loved one, there is no better way to spend a week or a long weekend. The ammenities are great.

Room Tip: If you like quit thats the place. Holidays are also great like fourth of July,Memoral D and Labor Da...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
#9 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Adventurer Oceanfront Inn
Adventurer Oceanfront Inn
#4 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Barcelona Motel? Share your experiences!