“A diamond in the rough.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saratoga Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Saratoga Inn
Ranked #34 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
“A diamond in the rough.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the time I made my reservations over the phone until the time we left, the owners and staff were kind and gracious. The rooms are clean and spacious. A well maintained family oriented atmosphere. Their coffee shop has great food and coffee. Saratoga Inn, is a diamond in the rough.
The Capobianco’s

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Dominic C
Sheila L, Manager at Saratoga Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Very pleased to see this review, Dominic! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Always happy to host you anytime you make a trip to the east coast. Thanks again!

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our Home away from Home.
We have been coming here since 1999 and every year we can see the improvement made over the winter. Great staff, lovely coffee shop which serves breakfast and lunch with a discount for those staying at the hotel. Large pool area with a driving board and a baby pool. BBQ grill for those that want to relax by the pool. Steps to the beach.
We will be back maybe this year but for sure next summer. Save me my favorite room!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Linda N
Sheila L, Manager at Saratoga Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Proud to be your home 2.0, Linda! Thanks so much for the kind words, and for all the loyalty over the years. Amazing to think it's been 15 years already, isn't it?

I'll pass your compliments along to the team. Hope to see you soon--we'll have your room ready ;)

Reading, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We booked the Saratoga at the last minute for a quick family weekend at the beach. We based our decision on reviews on Trip Advisor which stated that the rooms are out of date, but immaculate. Upon arrival we immediately noticed the clean pool area and proximity to the beach. The owner was very pleasant at check-in and gave us a tourist booklet and a discount card for area businesses. When we got to our room, however, I was shocked by the dirty upholstery on the sofa bed. It made me want to turn around and leave. Gross. Didn't want to put my kids on it. So I continued on my cleanliness check and noticed rust stains on the range hood and inside the microwave. The toilet and sink appeared new but the tub had a huge rust stain in it. Gross. I ran clorox wipes over everything and found that things in the room were not as clean as they appeared. The water pressure in the tub was awful. It took forever to wash my hair and I kept trying not to touch the rusty spot. (A liner from Bathfitter would solve that problem. ) The carpet in the bedroom was dirty. I know folks have different standards of cleanliness. I'm VERY picky. So if it bothers you to put your kids on a dirty old sofa bed with yellowed sheets, this place is not for you.

This place has so much potential. The coffee shop makes great breakfast sandwiches. The hotel is very close to the beach. The owners are pleasant. The pool area is clean. BUT The rooms need help. This was my first and last visit to the Saratoga. I'm just too picky.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Onlinemother
Sheila L, Manager at Saratoga Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I'm very sorry to see this. Even though we've been on the property since 1960, we try to upgrade our rooms every year to keep all of our guests comfortable.

Most importantly, we try to take care of any complaints immediately. I wish you had let us know of any dissatisfaction during your visit. We could have helped and hopefully made your stay more enjoyable. I do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, though--it always helps us get better.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have not stayed at this motel but I do frequent the coffee shop when I stay in the crest.
Its a cute coffee shop with very friendly people that work there. The coffee is always hot and fresh and the breakfast sandwiches are delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank M E
Sheila L, Manager at Saratoga Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Glad you're a fan of the coffee shop! And if you ever do need a place to stay, well, we're not too far away ;) Thanks!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stay here every year . It is always clean and they staff are very welcoming. I wouldn't stay anywhere else . The rooms are a bit outdated but we don't mind. The price is great too . We stay in an efficiency usually we like to make some of our own meals .

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jenpar35
Sheila L, Manager at Saratoga Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks for the review a little while back! Glad to hear you always enjoy yourselves, and we'll see you again soon.

Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I can't rate the rooms but the coffee shop is just right. I was staying at a neighboring property and stopped in for a quick take out bite. The staff couldn't have been nicer & the Saratoga is adorable. My breakfast wrap was delicious and filling as well & my iced coffee was surprisingly good (and I have very high standards when it comes to iced coffee). My husband ending up having to pop back over to get more hash browns for the kids because they tried mine & loved them. If the rooms are anything like the little coffee shop, they'd be grand.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MaryMcG_11
Sheila L, Manager at Saratoga Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Glad the coffee's treating you well, Mary! Thanks for the kind words a little while back, both on here and Yelp. We believe our rooms are certainly up to par, as well, so if you ever need a place to stay, we'd love to host you. Thanks again!

Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We are a family of 7 who stayed here this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We have stayed at several hotels in Wildwood Crest and this BY FAR was the BEST one yet!!! The rooms were immaculately clean and spacious!!! We had two standard rooms and I can totally tell you from experience that these rooms are much bigger than any that we have stayed at in the past. A short walk to the beach, and with the convenience of the Saratoga grill right on the hotel property - we couldn't ask for more. Truly a great place to stay!!! Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CheerMomof3girls
Sheila L, Manager at Saratoga Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I know it's been a little while, but I had to thank you for a great review! It's an honor to be called the best, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Hope to see you again soon. After all, the beach awaits!