we fell in love with this motel on-line and knew we had to stay here this summer. we are super into everything retro and knew this motel would please us! we stayed here over 4th of july – thankfully they had one room left and were able to accommodate on a spur of the moment trip.
- pool: really large, heated, and has a deep end (8ft). they also had a mini baby pool to keep the children safe. the pool did get pretty packed as soon as it opened (9am), but gradually got less crowded as the night went on. we had the pool to ourselves in the 5:00 hour. it is open til 9pm with only adults allowed from 8pm – 9pm.
- location: the motel is only a block from the beach (wildwood though has a long walk to the ocean). it is also only two blocks from the start (or end however you want to look at it) of the boardwalk. the shops on the crest end of the boards are great (arcade for the kids, dairy queen for your sweet tooth: we have sweet teeth, breakfast and lunch spots, and a few stores for souvenirs). being in wildwood crest is great, it’s quiet, you’re within walking distance to great restaurants, mini-golf, ice cream, bike rentals, etc. though the crest is a dry town if you’re in the mood for a cold one only about 5 blocks from the caribbean you will find a bar.
- room: the room was great, awesome air conditioner, a little kitchenette, comfy beds, a table and chairs, a dresser, a (not so) mini fridge and a flat screen tv. the bathroom is small but we knew to expect this in wildwood. a few chairs outside your room make it perfect to chill during the day or late night. it is super charming!
- we had a room on the ground floor and it worked for us. it seemed that all the rooms had good placement for limited disruptions for relaxation.
- events: caribbean hosts various events throughout the year that are included with your stay. for fourth of july all guests were invited to a bbq lunch. so yum!
- there is not a snack machine, though they do sell candy and chocolate in the reception once that is closed (not open 24 hours) you have to walk to a nearby motel and use a machine. we often need(!!) midnight snacks so we’ll plan accordingly next time we visit.
- cool merchandise in the reception but nothing in our size. maybe next time
the caribbean was perfect for us. really nice, the grounds and rooms were super clean, it was close to everything we wanted to enjoy in wildwood, and the super cool décor took us on a trip to another decade when the fun in wildwood all began! we’re looking to go back october to enjoy the heated pool and possibly some special events they have planned.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Caribbean Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Caribbean Motel Wildwood Crest