“LOVE IT!”
Review of Caribbean Motel

Caribbean Motel
Ranked #32 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere and character of this place are incredible! I absolutely loved the dial in the room that played the music in the hotel in your room. It was very well maintained and very clean. The staff were just great. Donna Stephanie and Margie were some of the friendliest people I've met. I've stayed in quite a few places in wildwood. If your vacationing here and they have room I wouldn't book any other hotel. Give it a shot :) you won't be disappointed. Favorite place to stay now.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank danikid
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Motel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

....nice room with kitchen, clean, near pool, staff are a pleasure to chat with and will clean room at your convenience...wonderful. Something missing though this time from our Labor Day stay ...music could hardly be heard, that's just one of the reasons I love staying here. Entertainment was good...no game playing though which was lot's of fun. It would be nice to have a few choices of veggie salads or veggie burgers. I'm sure it would not be a problem for the cook to throw one or two on the grill if you bring your own. We also missed the wine bottle or two left in cooler in evening, drinks were served not nearly as much as on Labor day . Wiith all this said the Caribbean is still the place I love to stay at when in Wildwood. My children and grandson love the atmosphere too and we will all be there again this coming Labor Day. And the next, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were looking for comfort and fun, and that's what we got at the Caribbean Motel. Everywhere you look is a feast for the eyes. And on special weekends, an actual feast is also served up.
We joined an island party with pulled pork, black eyed peas, and plenty of sides to keep the vegetarians among us happy. All accompanied by a poolside steel drum band. We loved the friendly, laid back atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We reserved a room with queen-sized bed and kitchenette for Memorial Day weekend package. When we arrived, the surly staff literally tossed a key at us and locked the office up tight. The room had a double bed, no appliances, and a ghastly odor of mildew. Since no one was available at the office to rectify the matter, we walked over to the Adventurer and found a lovely, comfortable room. The next morning, we did receive a refund after being told that we had been given the key to the wrong room. We had no interest in staying, since the accommodations at the Adventurer were so very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carla K
Margaret A, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I am sorry to say that you had a bad experience at check in time, the room you reserved is one of our small rooms, we did offer to change your room but we do understand that you weren't happy with the room. We are happy that you did get to enjoy your weekend in the Wildwoods area.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Booked a Labor Day weekend stay at the Caribbean after careful research and it was on the money. This is as advertised. A well cared for, renovated, clean, comfortable property run by a friendly, accomadating staff. Crescent shaped pool is clean and warm. Adults get the pool for an hour in the evening which doesn't matter because even during a busy holiday weekend there was plenty of space in the pool all day. The owners treated their holiday guests to a mexican night with margaritas and tacos on Friday, and a pig roast on Saturday. An unexpected extra that was delicious. That treat saved us money on what was already one of the lower priced rooms in the crest. The location is also a plus. It is a block and one half from the start of the boardwalk. For three dollars you can take the tram car to the north end of the boardwalk and walk back stopping along the way at all the spots you noted on the ride north. There are enough restaurants within walking distance to satisfy including a great breakfast spot called Key West Cafe. I never moved my car! Thanks Margie!

Room Tip: There are only two floors so try for one on the second floor on the cabana (east) side of the pool...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I LOVE THE CARIBBEAN!!!! The decor, the atmosphere, the staff, the owners, the guests....all were so very very nice. Our room was great to be in, bed was good, etc, etc. My favorite was the Cabana, it was like walking into my mother's apartment when I was a child, the furniture, lamps all were what I remember of the late 50's and 60's. We will definetely be back many times. Booking soon for Memorial Day and next Labor Day. Even my children who are in their 20's thought it was "banging", and want to return again. Thank you to all for making my 4 day weekend a wonderful one.

Kathy B.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, trust you will get the best when booking at this motel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen B
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Love the Doo Wop vibe. I had a friend coming in from Florida and I wanted to show her Wildwood. I wanted a typical, kitschy old-style Wildwood hotel that reminded me of my childhood. The Caribbean fit the bill perfectly. Aside from that, it was clean and convenient to the beach and boardwalk. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I'll definitely return with my family for a vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends