“Best Place I've stayed at in Wildwood in 40+ years!”

Reges Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadelphia
“Best Place I've stayed at in Wildwood in 40+ years!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Let me begin by saying, I have been going to Wildwood since I was a child. We used to stay in the North end, but a few times in the Crest...maybe once or twice in the actual 'wildwood center', but that is alittle 'too crazy' for me. I was alittle hesitant paying the price for the Reges, but I have to say "You get what you pay for". We arent talking the Beverly Hills Hotel, but it sure is the Beverly Hills of Wildwood. First of all their reservation staff, Andrea, is AWESOME! She has helped me book a room 2 years in a row and she is such a helpful, knowledgable, friendly person.
Second, their pool area is THE BEST ever! The pool is heated, and the atmosphere really makes you feel like you are somewhere tropical. They have an awesome 2nd story sun-deck with tables and we had a lovely lunch there one day. They have ample lounge chairs, and also a hot tub for adults only. Their take out window had really good food: from cheesesteaks to salads to ice cream bars, and their restaurant served a really good breakfast as well. Would love to see a pool bar there, but it really is a very nice, classy family hotel. Sooo...for the extra $20-50 you may pay extra for a night compared to some other places it is totally worth it (although alot of places are the same prices and not nearly as nice) , I felt TOTALLY safe, clean room, clean beds, bath, etc. That is the most important to me. And I forgot to mention...THE VIEW! Private balconies in every room!!!! Cannot beat the view and the night time is very quiet to sit outside to listen to the ocean. Go!

Room Tip: any room is good!
2 Thank PhiladelphiaHolly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We went here last summer, in July of 2011...the room was awesome...could not have been cleaner. The oceanFRONT view was spectacular...the staff at the front dest was kind and helpful. There is a cute gift shop area also. We loved our room. I was extremely pleased to have found a place where we were completely happy...and that includes my Dad, who is handicapped. All of our needs were met and more...we plan on going here again this year!! :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dogdogNewJersey
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 March 2012

we went like 3 times already and for sure planning to go again. The best place for kids, for adults the amazing view. The food is amazing and the best deals if you choose the packet, so worth it. Just love it and can not wait to go again :O)))

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sylviag32
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed here because they had king beds and it was oceanfrnot. It was a good hotel with comfortable beds and beautiful views. The staff especially Cel was rather cold. I was disappointed in the friendliness of the hotel staff and hope it was just a fluke. The restaurant staff was mostly nice and the breakfast was good. I'd stay here again but I'll bring my own shampoo and conditoner as they provided two small condiment looking packages and never left more our entire stay. For space I'd give this place the win but for friendliness the Mark I was better. Prices in the first half of offseason were a little high but you can't beat their view!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Cliftonduo925
FRANKLIN PARK
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I just must tell you, my trip last week was excellent. You have the best workers....watching them clean the pool, pool area, baby pool and the jacuzzi everyday!! The persons who cleaned our room were spectacular. When we left for breakfast, our room was always done when we returned - I was impressed. But not only that, the room smelled so clean...........they do an excellent job. Your welcoming crew (behind the desk) are so willing to please you..........they certainly go out of their way to make you comfortable and happy........not a thing you ask them is too much for them to accomodate you. Thank you for training everyone so well, it makes a trip out of sight!!! Pamela Shields

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank PAMELA S
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We went to Wildwood right after hurricane Irene..very skeptical if things would be normal and would we enjoy our vacation. Cannot say how much fun it was...and big part of that was thanks to Reges...we had the efficiency suite and were a party of 6. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, the kitchenette had all that was needed. The hotel pool was perfect for the kids, the lobby was neat and organized. Absolutely no complaints - we had a very pleasant stay.

One negative point (for some) would be the distance to boardwalk (approx 2-3 miles). But at the same time the location is in a quiet neighbourhood away from the noise of the boardwalk.

3 Thank k h
Monroe Twp. N J
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The staff was great. They are very accomadating and friendly. Check in is 3pm however you could use the pool or go to the beach right out the back of the hotel. There is a jitney bus that takes you to the board walk. We got a great package deal which include breakfast every morning of our stay, free whale/dolphin cruise, dinner for 2 at several different restuarants in wildwood. Great package deal - Summer celebration package deal. We would definitely do this again. Great hotel and deals.

1 Thank Maryam L
#2 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Reges Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!