“Jersey Beachfront Rooms For All”

Reges Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Iowa Falls, Iowa
“Jersey Beachfront Rooms For All”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Reges is the perfect place for a quiet stay on the Jersey Shore for a reasonable price. There is a friendly staff that work very hard at keeping the hotel clean, secure, and efficient. Every room faces the ocean which is what we wanted most of all. We loved having our coffee out on the balcony every morning looking and listening to the ocean surf. Another positive aspect was that when we didn't want to hear anything, when the sliding door was closed, it was blissfully quiet. The cafe downstairs was very good. The early bird breakfast couldn't be beat and the staff was so friendly. The pool was clean and had plenty of chairs and towels. The beach was also well maintained with a life guard. It was far enough away from the boardwalk to avoid all of the people traffic. Yet, it was close enough to go on the trolley,which you could catch directly across the street, or a five minute drive to the boardwalk. There were many restaurants close by too. I highly recommend the Reges for couples and families. It is not a party place. We will leave that to other hotels. We just got back home and I wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely return there for many years to come. .

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third to the sixth floor for a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tsnyder67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Reges has a lot going for it. It's beach-front, close (but not too close) to the Boardwalk, has a great pool and hot tub, is very clean and family-oriented, supplies a microwave, fridge, a coffeemaker, has efficient maid service, and all at a (comparatively) reasonable price. I highly recommend it and have been going there for years.

Room Tip: For the best view and quiet, request a room on the North end, on the upper level (Floors 6-8), away...
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Its location is between Wildwood and Cape May. We would stay here again.
Pros:
1. Location: If you want to be close to the beach, not separated by a street or boardwalk, this is the place to stay. Basically, you walk off the hotel property, and you are at the beach. All rooms are beach-facing and you can open the door to balcony and hear the surf. Even though this hotel is away from the boardwalk, the beach has life guards and rentals.
2. Hotel well maintained and clean: The hotel management obviously paid attention to maintenance and to keeping the place clean and seemed to be well staffed with the right amount of people.
3. Pool: Nice, large, clean, inviting pool.
4. Staff: For the most part, friendly and helpful, including front desk, maintenance staff, pool attendants, room maids
5. Nice café, albeit not large and not open at night. Good place to grab a breakfast or lunch.
Suggestions for improvement:
1. Having a coffee shop or place in lobby to purchase coffee in the morning for early risers (prior to café opening) would add to the convenience.
2. Store for purchase of items was pretty small and not very well stocked. Especially since the café is closed at night and since the main boardwalk/shopping area is not within walking distance, a store to purchases food/beverages and more sundries would be an added convenience.
One caution: if you want to be on the boardwalk or within walking distance, this would not be the place to stay. However, the boardwalk is a short drive away; or, there is a convenient trolley that stops in the street in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean; you walk of hotel property right onto the beach
1 Thank Deltraveler75
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family and I just returned from the Wildwood Crest where we stayed at the Reges Oceanfront Resort. We have been there several times and it is a very good Hotel to stay at when at Wildwood Crest. The staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The hotel faces the beach and it is a beautiful view when on the balcony on or above the 3rd floor. It has cooking facilities and it is not from the Wildwood Boardwalk or Cape May. We went to the Aviation Museum and really enjoyed this as well. I recommend this hotel for you and your family to stay at.

Thank you.

1 Thank Ferrarivjs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here since I was a toddler! My grandparents and parents took me here for years and now I have the opportunity to share this wonderful place with my three children! When I think of the shore, I think of the Reges! It's family friendly with an awesome staff. All rooms give you an oceanfront view while your entrance balcony faces the bay. I absolutely love this place. This year a young girl named Kia ran the daily kids program. She was fabulous with poolside activities and indoor shore related crafts. My kids absolutely loved her! Thank you for another great vacation year Reges...we will see you next year!
Tom, Ange, Tommy, Sammy and Robbie

• Stayed June 2014
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This Hotel was decent to stay at, however,I would hardly call it a "resort"! This was our first trip to Wildwood and although the beach was great, I can't say I loved the area. This hotel was clean which is extremely important to me & the staff was very welcoming & friendly. We ate breakfast & lunch at the cafe which had much better food than I expected, but the hotel in general just wasn't that impressive!! Rooms were comparable to a cheap 2-star hotel like the kind you would stay at while travelling when you only just need a place to sleep & shower. Definitely not enough restrooms in the lobby/pool area either. Not sure for what they charge per night I would ever go back??

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor(top floor) & I do NOT recommend staying any lower than the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stay here every year and I never have a reason not to. It's clean, friendly and convenient. The beach is right here and it's beautiful. The staff is awesome. Thomson will take good care of you at the pool. It's priced on the higher end but I find it worth every penny. I love the location away from the loud craziness of Wildwood but only 2 miles away when you want it. I have been coming to the crest my whole life I stayed in many different motels but this has been the one I come back to.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front. I love the suites
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Reges Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!