“Always a pleasure”

Reges Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Been coming back here for many years.No reason to ever change if you're looking for a beach.This place has all beachfront rooms with balconies.Great staff and housekeeping.One of the last hotels on the crest (south end).Easy ride south over the bridge to Cape May.Takes only a few minutes. Can also drive 5 minutes north to the boardwalk.The Reges offers a great breakfast at reasonable prices.Awesome lunch sandwiches such as their hogies and cheese steaks.Many restaurants in the area.Large beach,so no matter how many people are there,it's never crowded.Over the years we have driven to Myrtle Beach and Virginia beach but really no reason to drive that far when you have Wildwood Crest right here in N.J.

Room Tip: We prefere 6th.-8th. floor.Less noise from the pool below and nice ocean view.Center rooms are large...

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Reges Resort end of August 2014. The hotel is very nice, beautiful ocean view, great little breakfast place down at the ground floor, what more can you ask for. The resort has a hot tub and pool as well, we had coffee out on the deck each morning and watched the ground maintenance worker test the pool and hot tub and put in chorine to keep both clean. The hotel has 8 floors and you have breathtaking views from each floor from about 3 and up. Floor 1 you would not have a view of the ocean, but you would have the ground view, hot tub and pool view. Just book - don't listen to any of the bad review - if there is one problem along the way, it's very minimal - you are on vacation! Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. We were on floor 7. We always got ice on floor 6 and it was always full and never had to wait.

Room Tip: Higher the floor better the views of the ocean- just beautiful. I will add a picture of the 7th flo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed from Saturday to Thursday. We had a ground floor room. It was easy access to the pool. The hotel is right on the beach. The room was very clean and spacious. The pool was kept very clean and even had a live three piece band with a steal drum ...very Caribbean. The restarant was good. We ate breakfast there. We went to the beach every day....very easy access. The kids had a fabulous time. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: We preferred the ground floor room because we had children and t was easy getting to the pool and be...
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My family and I spent 5 days at this popular beach hotel in Wildwood Crest, NJ this summer. I've been coming here for more than 20 years and I'm never disappointed. I came here with my parents, and now with my own family (often times my parents will select the same vacation dates so we can share the experience)..

The rooms are always clean and ready for our arrival. The private balconies offer an awesome view of the beach and ocean. If you get up early enough, you'll likely see dolphins swimming a couple hundred yards off the coast.

The staff is friendly (particularly the front desk staff) and they're always willing to offer great suggestions on what to do, where to eat, and how to make your stay more enjoyable. We've put in requests to have our room be situated next to my parents' room and they're always willing to accommodate. It's much appreciated as it gives our young son an opportunity to give a cross-balcony wake up call to his grandparents each morning.

The Reges Beach Grill/Cafe offers wonderful breakfasts and lunches, either inside the cozy dining area or around back (by the steps that lead to/from the beach). The tasty meals are reasonably priced and the friendly staff has been there for as long as I can remember (with always a few new additions).

I miss the Reges everytime we leave, and are sure to make reservations for the following year during check-out.

Enjoy the pool, game room and wi-fi service as well. You can see the boardwalk fireworks from your balcony on Friday nights in the summer (as well as the private mini-fireworks displays on the beach).

This is a great place to stay for families and couples. It's located in the more quiet Crest but is convenient to everything (less than a 5 minute drive to most attractions - boardwalk, restauarants, the bay, Cape May, miniature golf, etc.).

See you next year Reges!!

Room Tip: Stay on floors 3 and above for the best view of the ocean. While the pull-out sofa beds are fairly...
Reviewed 19 August 2014

As a repeat customer here at the Reges I will start with the positives. View is amazing. Pool staff is great. Clean rooms. Great activities for the small kids. Short walk to the beach.

We have many great memories here at the Reges. Unfortunately, because we didn't read the fine print on the brochure that they have - our trip was tainted this year.

We didn't have the best of weather for a few days. We rented two rooms for a total cost of $4,200 for the week. These were regular motel style rooms - with two beds. On one of these nights, we decided to stay in because my 76 year old mother couldn't walk the boardwalk because it would have been slippery from the rain, so we instead went to the covered sundeck and cooked dinner. As most families do, we sat and talked for hours. Played cards, had fun. Let me note - no music, no loud yelling, no small kids running around. Just 8 family members together. That came to an end when the staff came up and told us to leave.

There is no signage stating the sundeck closes at 11:00 as we were told later. We were extremely disappointed in being treated like small children being sent to bed. I went to inquire as to if there was a complaint by anyone in their rooms. We were told that was not the case.

My mother was so upset that she too went to the staff to hear for herself about the reasoning - and wanted to say how that really bothered her. They really didn't care. They said its on your bill (statement) when checking in (note: that is not true - I still have the bill and nothing says this).

The next day I went to find out who the manager/owner was and took time to write an email. I have heard back from him and to be honest, I'm a little surprised at his response:

"Further, I would have preferred it if you would have respected our policy late that night and the request of our staff, addressing any issues or disagreement with me in the morning."

We did nothing wrong - and we did clean up our area and went to our rooms. It was 11:00 at night. It wasn't 3:00 in the morning. We were not a rowdy teenage crowd. We were a family vacationing.

I have to say that it is very sad that this has happened. It did ruin our vacation, especially because of the bad weather and the fact that my mother is not physically able to go to the boardwalk every night. There was not that much to do and we wanted to be together - and cramming 8 people into the room was not an option. It seems that management is more concerned in having their guest have the right to keep their balcony doors open so they can hear the sound of the ocean as they sleep (as I was told in my email). Funny, the sign in our room stated to please keep the balcony door closed.

As I mentioned earlier - we have been coming to the Reges for years. Three years ago we stopped coming and rented a condo next door. Every year I would say "its beautiful, but its not like staying at the Reges". So I convinced my family to come back and vacation the way we used to.

This was not what I thought it would have been. $4,200 is a lot of money to spend on two rooms - and be told that 11:00 is bedtime.

3  Thank luvwildwood
RegesResort, Owner at Reges Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

As a response to this review and to clarify, I have included below the entire text of the email sent to this reviewer:

Thank you for your email of August 14, 2014 and the opportunity to explain our reasons for asking your family to leave the sundeck at 11PM. First of all, let me apologize for any misunderstanding, or if you were not addressed properly by the staff members you mention. Please let me assure you that our staff was following instructions of Management and that neither staff nor Management intended any disrespect for you or your family.
Please understand that our policies, including those regarding the use of the sundeck, are formulated out of consideration of the comfort and needs of all our many guests. I am not aware of any specific complaint regarding noise on that night. However, it has been our recent experience that persons and groups using the sundeck late at night have caused such complaints, and a disturbance to other guests who may be sleeping in the adjacent rooms; especially to those who enjoy sleeping with balcony doors open to enjoy the sounds of the ocean. We have also found it best to be proactive and to address possible or potential noise issues before there is an actual complaint. Indeed, some guests are hesitant to complain and will decide to just tolerate the bad experience. For these reasons, Management has decided that 11:00 PM is a reasonable time to politely ask guests to leave the sundeck.
You are correct that we do not have a sign posted, and this is something that we may have to add. (In the past the deck has been closed with a locked gate.) Honestly, we take into consideration how much our guests enjoy relaxing on the sundeck late in the evening and early in the morning for sunrises and that first cup of coffee; and have not been as strict with the hours here, allowing some flexibility in the best judgment of management and staff. However, it is noted in our printed brochure and website that the pool and deck is open daily until 9PM.
I must mention that it was reported to me that on the night in question your party had refused to give their name and room number. I would have been happy to explain the reasons behind our policy given the opportunity. Further, I would have preferred it if you would have respected our policy late that night and the request of our staff, addressing any issues or disagreement with me in the morning.
Thank you for your kind consideration.
Anthony Mollica
Owner and General Manager

To clarify one additional point made in this review, a sign in all rooms asks that balcony doors or windows should not be left open while running the air conditioner as it will cause it to malfunction.
We invite groups or individuals to contact management or the reservations staff should you have any further question regarding the use of our common areas.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have stayed here many times. Rooms are clean, pool is spotlessly cleaned each AM, view from 6th floor is great, staff is friendly, and coffee shop food/staff are a real bonus.
Free books, magazines, games, and newspapers in the lobby for all to share/enjoy.

Room Tip: Above 5th floor has the best view
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Reges is a beautifully maintained hotel. The rooms have large, comfortable beds with good pillows. The pool is large and thoroughly cleaned out everyday. The staff is very nice! There are activities for kids, and a little store in the lobby. The balcony and view are great and the food was good! We will definitely be back! The Vera Family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#9 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#1 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Reges Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!