“wonderful!!”

Reges Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 20 July 2005

The room & view were spectacular! We went for a Father's Day get-a way package, & it was far better than we expected. The hotel staff were super. The hotel was immaculate. We could not have been more pleased!
We had a wonderful weekend & will go next year!!

2  Thank nicoledee2015

Reviewed 23 June 2005

Just got back from what turned out to be a 5 night stay at the Reges and am INCREDIBLY pleased with everything this hotel had to offer and more. We purchased the Father's Day package which included full breakfast every day, a lunch for each of us, and a dinner out at one of the local 4/5 star restaurants during our stay.

Initially we were supposed to stay 4 nights but decided to see if we could add and extra day and the front desk staff went out of their way to not only accomodate us, but to keep us in our same room so we didn't have to rearrange anything and have a 4 or 5 hour time table where our belongings and we were in limbo. They also added it directly onto our package so we got another complimentary breakfast!

During the day, the staff in the restaurant, pool, and front desk were outgoing, friendly and great people, and the women who worked the front desk in the evenings went out of their way to give us tips on restaurants, places to visit, and things to do!

The room we had was immaculately put together, cleaned extremely well every day (and we both are kind of neat freaks so if it passes our inspection it is good) and the view of the ocean was SPECTACULAR!! I don't think I have a single complaint about the food in the restauant, the amenities (both pools and the hot tub were cleaned and highly maintained) and they even have a small case of stuff like sunscreen, BandAids, toothpaste, etc in their gift shop in case you forget something that isn't completely overpriced so you feel ripped off. We got a big bottle of Australian Gold Sunscreen for $10 and I have seen the same stuff at my local tanning salon for $20.

It is our hope to return again in the next month to six weeks for another weekend! My travelling companion has spent a lot of time in the Wildwoods since he was a young child and he was extremely impressed with this hotel as well.

Kudos to the Reges and their wonderful staff!

The only down side? Keep the pool area open later. We would have liked to jacuzzi a bit late in the evenings! :-)

2  Thank karibbean
Reviewed 7 June 2005

This is an example of how the Mollica family treats its repeat customers: In March, 2005, I made a reservation for my husband and me for 4 nights in June, 2005, at the Reges Resort, and I mailed the required deposit of $128.82. 10 days before our arrival date, my husband was hospitalized in a hypoglycemic coma. I immediately called the hotel and cancelled our reservation. In addition, I faxed a letter requesting a refund or credit together with a letter from the hospital as proof of the emergency. About a week later, my still hospitalized husband received a refund check for $78.82 signed by Anthony Mollica. Obviously, Mr. Mollica felt that we should be grateful for any kind of refund since his brochure states: No refund or credits of deposit with less than 2 weeks written notice. I expected a REASONABLE cancellation fee, but penalizing a man for his unforeseeable misfortune to the tune of $50 is incredibly ruthless. In order to stop such shameless customer rip-offs in the future, I will report this incident to AAA Mid-Atlantic and the Wildwood Chamber of Commerce with a request to investigate this matter. Finally, if my husband does recover, we will vacation at the much cleaner beaches in Maryland, Delaware, and South Carolina. Heide Ursula Schulz, Abingdon, MD 21009

13  Thank Eisbaer1
Reviewed 2 June 2005

My husband, my 7 year old and I went down to the Reges the weekend before Memorial Day. It was great. Nice and quiet and the Reges is perfect as usual. Rooms and grounds are spotless and everyone that works there is really nice. You can't beat the view from your balcony. We will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2005
4  Thank ShoreChick59
Washington, DC
Reviewed 23 May 2005

We stayed at the Reges from May 19-22 and thought it was a good hotel for the money. We were in a Category D room (#505), which looked to have been recently renovoated. We saw a few of the other rooms being worked on and it looked like they were all getting new furniture. Our room was not musty (unlike a few of the restaurants we went to). This was one of my concerns based on other reviews. Other pluses: (i) front desk ladies were very nice to my 2 children (both under 3); (ii) quiet hotel; (iii) directly on the beach; and (iv) room was furnished with 1 tv with VCR and 1 with DVD, and a good assortment of kitchen items. Negatives: (i) smoking is permitted on the balconies so we occasionally smelled smoke in our room if we left the balcony door open (ii) the hotel website says the pool is heated but it was as cold as the ocean (we were told that the pool heater was not working); and (iii) the hotel restaurant is nothing special. We would definitely stay here again. If you want more info, you can e-mail us at ----.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brick, NJ
Reviewed 18 May 2005

I can't believe some people gave great reviews for this place. We didn't like the room at all...it was so old fashioned and musty.....gross....I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Burlington, VT
Reviewed 19 October 2004

This was our first visit to Wildwood Crest and I can honestly say I was blown away. My wife and I were visiting from Vermont (without the kids) and decided on the Regis per recommendation of one of our friends. From the front desk to the rooms to the pool to the beach, the Regis really impressed us. Upon arrival we were greeted with kindness and after some casual conversation we found out that the woman at the front desk was the owner’s daughter (who was as nice as she was beautiful). We were happy to see that the Regis was family owned and operated hotel.
After that we headed to our room which for its price was well worth it. There was enough space for all our things (my wife packs quite heavily and surprisingly enough the owners son helped us with our bags) and we had a gorgeous view of the ocean. We had originally planned on staying only 3 nights but after the 2nd day we decided to stay another one.
We found the hotel quiet enough for a couple but active enough to bring the kids. That's what we plan on doing next trip. Great place, great people, we will be back. Thanks to all the people at the Regis.

Harold Lane

#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#3 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Reges Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!