“New owners trying to make it right”

Paradise Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
PA
“New owners trying to make it right”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed here with my kids over Memorial Weekend. This is an old school hotel and the new owners keep it clean and tidy. Our hot water wasn't working in the shower and it was fixed quickly. They should definitely upgrade some of the amenities such as the tvs, fridge, maybe new counters and cabinets in the kitchen area. Lots of great potential. A plus is the hotel is directly on the beach, and there's an area to grill. Unfortunately some of the holiday weekend riff-raff decided to drink too much and start a fight which ended in a broken bottle in the pool....and it cut my son's foot. The owners were very helpful with this and rectified the situation. If the owners are reading this....please put a sign up at the pool--NO GLASS BOTTLES OR GLASSES. Because the owners were so great, I'd recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank travelbeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

New owners have taken over and have made this place as nice as can be. They have done as much as they can for now as this is not your typical Wildwood Motel as it is above standards. Clean rooms which i was told are going to be redone this year. Pool is clean and you can see that they are taking care of the place. They have 2 grills by the pool you can use. It can get a little loud late at night, but that is the guest who have no brains and the motel does what it can. They asked a few guest to keep it down and they did. Our room had a frig (clean) and micro (clean) and if you wanted to cook ....the range was also clean. BTW when we first walked in to the room it had a very pleasant smell... Parking is tight. Location is perfect and on the beach. So bring a beach chair and towel and you will enjoy this Motel for the Pool and the Beach.

Jerry ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Jerry E
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2012

THIS IS THE BEST PLACE My family has been going to Paradise Inn almost 10 years at the end of June and for the car show weekend in September.
It;s very clean, pool is great, and right on the ocean. How much better can it get. If you need anything someone is always there to help you.
No one smokes in the room, and I've never seen CIGARETTE BUTTS ANY WHERE BUT IN THE ASHTRAYS OUT SIDE THE ROOMS WHICH THEY CLEAN OUT ALL THE TIME.
Everyone should stop in and see the rooms. We always stay on the third floor over the office. WHAT A VIEW. AND THEY DON'T FORGET WHO YOU ARE.
Mustang

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gayle S
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My family and I and now my husband have been going to the paradise for over a decade now. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and nothing compares to the wonderful time/experience we have at the paradise every year. The rooms are very clean and the staff is extremely nice. They are like extended family!! If you are looking for a fun, family oriented place to stay, the paradise is the place to be.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cj_36_28
Merrick
Reviewed 10 September 2012

If you like second hand smoke on the balcony and perimeter of the pool this is the place for you and your family. If you like cigarette butts in the pool as a floating device or water toy, this is the place for you! Unfortunately, I did not do my homework and fell for their website photos. We stayed the first night but my child and wife were simply grossed out by the room reserved for us so we decided to leave. We asked that we be refunded for the remainder of the 4 room nights but were denied a refund. Their rooms have not been updated in quite some time. Our toilet seat was chipped in two spots and the bathroom sink had a rust water stain on the drain hole.
The pool has a sewer grate located near the beach side of the pool that backed up the morning after we stayed one night. Blacked cloudy looking water had to be pumped out before it could reach the pool. I wonder what happens if a heavy rain storm arrives how they would handle this back up.
The rooms had look circa 1973 and for the money they are requesting you can find other hotels in the area without reserving in advance. We were there on July 4th week and found The Shalimar Hotel. The hotel was clean and the rooms decor were satisfactory. My daughter and wife enjoyed the pool environment and friendliness of the hotel staff and guests. They are my priority and unfortunately, the owner and management team at the Paradise Hotel could not provide my family with a comfortable and clean environment. This hotel should provide deeply discounted rates for the value they are providing.

Room Tip: If you choose to reserve a room here for the first time, ask to see a room before they charge your c...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
ORANGE, PA
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My family has been going to Paradise Inn for many years. Every year our group gets larger. We have never had a bad time there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I look at some of the posts on this site and wonder about the personality of the people that wrote them. Hermes is the manager and I should add he is very good at his job. I guess there are some people that you could never please. This is not an upscale hotel but their prices reflect that. The rooms are clean and updated. I have been counting the days until our next visit to Paradise. I can't wait!!!

Room Tip: You can't choose a bad room they all have oceanview.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KATHYCHE
Hawthorne, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have been going to the Paradise Inn Ocean Resort for about 30 years! I now have a family of my own with 3 children ages 22, 20, and 13. We just arrived home from a 5 day vacation. We had a room that overlooks the ocean. The rooms were clean when we arrived. The ocean view rooms are my favorite and seem to have the most up to date furnishings, tv.... This is a typical beach motel, so if you are expecting the "Ritz" I don't think you will find it in any beach motel at the Jersey Shore. We go with multiple families each year and are always treated well and the management is always friendly and accommodating. We have seen this motel change owners several times throughout the years and things have understandably changed each time, some for the better and some not as good however, it is still a great family environment and I can not duplicate the laid back, relaxing environment not matter where else I travel. I love the set up of the building and the pool, I have researched and stayed at other motels in Wildwood Crest and this is the most accommodating with the pool being rather large and heated, it is also open late until 8pm. I truly love this place and it continues to create awesome memories year after year with close friends and family!!!

Room Tip: ocean front room Type D newer furnishings and TV!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#19 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Paradise Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!