“I'll be Back!”

Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Wantagh, New York
“I'll be Back!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Couldn't have asked for more! I was amazed at the cleaniness inside and outside of the room. The owners were so helpful in making us feel comfortable for our stay. I asked how to get to Cape May....I got directions....parking issues and even some history. Just a great stay with plans to go back. Made it a point to stop by the office to say good bye.... gave a kiss and a hug with a promise to return.
THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
FRANCINE FROM LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
SADEYES212@AOL.COM

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hey Francince from Long Island!!

Thank you for a great review. We have worked very hard hiring and training a great housekeeping staff and it shows when we hear great comments such as yours! Hope to see you back real soon!

Bruce Hamlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We booked five days here so we could attend a national dance completion at the Wildwood Convention Center. My first impression was good. Great location to beautiful beach and ocean, with a boarded foot path, and decent sized, clean pool. Upon entering our room, we were happy to find it clean and tidy (albeit completely out of date.) The rooms are also very small for the price. As a family of five, we booked one with two queen beds (more like full) and a pull out sofabed. The beds are tightly squeezed into one space, while the sofa is in the first area that you enter. The kitchenette was nice, but again small- no counter space, but at least all appliances and dishes were in good condition.

We loved the location to the boardwalk and convention center even though it was not within walking distance, which was okay. Parking was convenient and cheap.

My biggest complaints about the resort are:
1) The pool hours are very limited. (10-6.) During summer hours, we'd like to take full advantage of outside pool time, so that was a bummer.
2) The floor in the room is freezing cold. I understand the need to not have carpet due to beach sand and water being
tracked in, but surely there must be flooring material that does not require you to have to wear your shoes at all times due to it being so cold.
3) The sofabed is THE WORST thing my family has ever sat/slept on. Springs were literally poking through, and the mattress was so worn that two people lying on it would roll
toward the middle. Everyone gave it a try (like a sacrifice), and we all woke up unrested and in pain, seriously.

I really want to like this hotel for everything else, but the three things I just mentioned would keep me from ever staying here again or recommending to anyone :(

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Momofthreelittlegirls
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Mom of Three,
Thank you for taking time to respond to Trip Advisor! As new owners (April 2013) we can appreciate your candid comments. we do have one room (#111) as a sample show room and the reviews have been nothing less than 5 star.. Our plan is to renovate all first floor rooms for the 2015 season and follow each year thereafter with 2nd floor etc... Our staff as you noticed keeps our place in tip top shape and we are excited on our direction over the next 3 years. All the best

Bruce
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family and I planned a last minute trip booked only 2 short weeks prior to the July 4th holiday. The owner was very helpful and friendly in assisting me to book this stay via telephone. They were extremely attentive to any emails or correspondence that I had with them regarding check in since we were arriving late on a week night. The gentleman who was present when we checked in was apparently not familiar with the policies and despite that it was necessary to provide cash or a money order in order to avoid extra credit card fees, he had no clue anything about this. That was a bit frustrating. Also, I was traveling with two pre teen girls in which Wi-Fi access is extremely crucial to their existence. The Wi-Fi was horrible and almost non existinent in the actual room. I did need my computer for business and was disappointed that the in room internet was non existent. We had to be on the balcony for it to work properly. The room was PRISTINELY clean. If you are looking for a very attentive cleaning staff, this is surely the place. You could clearly see that they took pride in their work. Everything was clean, and fresh smelling. No musty or smoke odor to be found. Any tiny thing that we needed they were able to provide. Blankets, towels, extra tissues or necessities. You name it they provided it, no questions asked. I did have a very difficult time sleeping on the beds. My husband is over 6 foot and his bed was very small and extremely uncomfortable. The mattresses were almost that of air bed consistency. I do believe they are updating but this was a negative. The bathroom was very small, but very clean. Someone else mentioned there being no proper sun filters in the bedrooms. Not only was your back broken but the blazing early morning sun was not a good feature. The pool was extremely clean, and very warm. You can surely tell the owners spent a great deal of time in maintaining that. My only complaint about the pool was that there wasn't enough seats to be close enough to monitor the kids in the deeper section of the pool. Seats were always taken or had towels on them. Not a lot of room. The beach was phenomenal. A long walk to the ocean but well worth it. White sand and clean as a whistle. Beautiful beach accommodations. Continuous police presence. Very well maintained. I personally was uncomfortable with the amount of alcohol consumption and loud partying that was taking place at the motel. BUT I do realize it was a holiday weekend and that there was some degree of that to be expected at any location. Many family type gatherings were taking place and there was a lot of activity on the decks and small balconies. If you sit out on your balcony it is very difficult for anyone to even walk past you. The walkways are small. In summary, I would recommend this motel to others particularly when the rooms get updated. The owner was very attentive. Recommend not charging for ice (that is tacky with the price we are paying for a room!) and also the parking was a very bad situation. I do believe the owners are aware of this as they have "bulletins" posted all over regarding the tightness of the spots. If you park and are able to get in and out of your vehicle without bumping the next spot somehow you are amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Jenny,
Thank you for your recent response. As new owners (April 2013) we will begin room renovations of all first floor rooms to be ready for the 2015 Season. We have one sample room done and so far the ratings for the room have been "5 Star". This coupled with our dynamic attentive staff we will be getting better each and every year. We hope to see you again and our WIFI radio on the east side of building has been replaced.

Bruce
Montrose, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Good morning to you all,
Thank you all for a great time at the Paradise. Our family had a wonderful time. The rooms, facilities and pool were very clean and well kept, which means a lot. You and your staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating.
The volleyball court was awesome and we played quite a few games of cornhole (bean-bag-toss). That, also, is a favorite of ours and a nice surprise to find at your hotel!!! It was just a wonderful week.
Thank you again for helping our family with another successful vacation!!

Sincerely, Mary and family

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary W
Mary, thank you for not only your business but your recent comments. As new owners we will begin transforming and updating our guest rooms beginning with the first floor being ready for the 2015 season. Each year thereafter we anticipate renovating one floor per off season. Our housekeepers are diligent in their cleaning efforts and i am so glad to hear you will be returning in 2015. Enjoy the remaining summer.... Bruce
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Was able to book a night here (turned into two very luckily) only about a day in advance. It was very reasonably priced and I was pleasantly surprised to be right on the beach! The room was very clean, the pool a good size and the sun deck very nice! The management and employees were very nice and very helpful as well. I'd definitely stay again if I have time for another mini-vacation!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frenchiemcc
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
So happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Paradise. We take pride in our cleaning standards and we love to hear when guests such as yourself appreciate the quality! Hope to see you back soon...... Bruce
Fords, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very clean rooms. Staff were extremely polite and very accomodating! Right on the beach, short walk to the water. I would recommend this hotel for everyone. Although I did not go in the pool it seemed large with an additional smaller pool for the kiddies. I will defintely be back.....very soon!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy M
Hi Amy, thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Our housekeepers have been with me for a few years and they do a great job. I am happy to hear you feel the same... Please come back soon..... Bruce
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked a last minute stay at Paradise and was pleasantly surprised. For the price it was great! The beach access is literally 5 feet from the hotel! The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean. It's perfect for families with kids. The only downside was that most of the rooms have the bedroom portion with the window on the east wall, so it feels like it's noon by 6am. My girls were up EARLY every morning. And depending on who your neighbors are on any given night, thins can be loud. But all in all I'd go back in a heartbeat. Great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your candid comments. Beginning with the 2015 Season we have a plan to give our rooms a new look including black out drapes in the bedrooms. Come back soon ..... Bruce
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#13 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#18 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Paradise Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!