“Goodbye Icona, Hello Paradise”

Paradise Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Clark, NJ
“Goodbye Icona, Hello Paradise”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just got back from the Paradise and I have to say it was great.
This was my first time there and I can't wait to get back, hopefully very soon.
Mike and Fred were their usual selves being the perfect hosts.
I had stayed at Icona ( formerly Pier 6600 ) since 1990 but after experiencing Paradise
I think I have found a new home. My better half and I just left on Saturday 8/23 and i'm depressed already.
This is the perfect place for couples, and families and you couldn't ask for a better location, view or atmosphere. I'll definately be back..

Mike and Barbara

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you Mike we appreciate you noticing the great strides we have made and our staff will certainly appreciate the comments..

Bruce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My family absolutely loves staying here on our vacation. Perfect setup that is very family friendly. They have a great pool that is in the sun the entire day (along with a kiddie pool), a wonderful sundeck & super clean rooms! The staff here are super nice and very helpful with answering any questions about places to eat and go to in the area!

We already booked our week for next year!! Looking forward to another week at PARADISE!!

• Stayed August 2014
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
We sincerely appreciate the comments and more importantly the return trip in 2015! Our entire team works very hard toward ensuring a great experience.. again thank you

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was me and my girlfriend first time visiting Wildwoods. We had such a great time and the Paradise Oceanfront resort was absolutely amazing. We booked a one bedroom suite which was so beautifully clean. The beach was right outside the door and the owners were wonderful. I would recommend anyone to stay here and we plan on going again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back anytime in the future.

South Amboy, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here in July of this year. They have a very nice sun deck overlooking the ocean, barbecue grills by the pool area, parking was adequate, we always had a spot available when we went out for the night. The rooms were very clean, a little outdated,but are due to be renovated starting next year according to the website. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. Overall a very nice stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return in 2015!!

Washington Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A very special thanks to Bruce, Mike, and Fred for the thoughtful gift upon arrival. Knowing my wife had just given birth to our third baby (and my wife had gone 9 months without her favorite martini =), we walked into our room to find a special note on the table and all the fixings for the perfect martini by the beach.

My sisters and I have endless memories of summer vacations in Wildwood and five years ago, with a growing family of about 30 people, we returned to the tradition. We searched for the perfect place and tried a few before we discovered Paradise. This was our second year there and we have found our home. Bruce, Mike, Fred, and all have created a welcoming atmosphere of family and fun. My children and my sisters' children talk all year long about their last summer trip Wildwood and wait with excited anticipation for the next --just like we did when we were kids. Paradise is truly their home away from home ...right on the beach ...with family lunches and dinners hot off the grill ...and outdoor movie night for everyone to enjoy!

We look forward to many more memories in the years to come!

Room Tip: Paradise is in the process of renovating all of the rooms and ours was not renovated yet, thus the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
it was great seeing your newest addition to your family in addition to the entire crew! Movie night was a great success, see you in 2015.
Livingston, Montana
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our family stayed here in August and we were very happy with the motel. The room and grounds are well kept and clean. The office staff is super friendly and helpful, especially Ted. Stayed on the third floor. Motel is right on the beach and views are great from the rooms. Pool is also nice size. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
bruce hamlin, Owner at Paradise Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you Lydia, i could not help notice your ratings on the mattresses. we begin renovations of 15 guestrooms each year for the next 3 years which will include new Serta Firm mattresses! Look forward to seeing you soon.

Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my first ever trip down to wildwood crest and i had a blast! My mom and dad rented the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom room in the paradise hotel, it was amazing, so close to the beach and so clean! I rented bikes over from Bradleys only a few blocks away, the owner Dan was such a nice guy, super sweet. Anyway Wildwood crest was such a cute little fun town, though if you're a teen like me and my friends & you want to visit the boardwalk, make sure you either rent bikes, or have some sort of transportation there and back, the walk was super long, almost 45 minutes. Mike and Bruce were also super friendly and pleasant and even let my mom and dad take a tour of the penthouse! I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and we have made it clear that this is now going to be our summer vacay every year, so the paradise hotel can be expecting my family, friends, & i back every year!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Tayler,
Thank you for the kind words and it was very nice to meet you and your family! We look forward to seeing you in 2015.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#11 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#21 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Paradise Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!