The view from our room was spectacular. That is why I gave the hotel three stars. There was more space in the suite than in other properties. It was clean. The pool is larger than at many other hotels in the Wildwoods.
Otherwise.....We had a three room suite. There was an "air conditioning" unit in each room. When they were turned on, it sounded like a rocket was about to take off....so uncomfortably loud. When we arrived, the units were on, but it was really hot. It was about 9:30 at night. The hotel manager informed me that he called the maintenance man, but it could take up to an hour for him to get on site. In the end, we found out that some main switch had been flipped off. The maintenance man informed me that this happens often. Turns out he was right. It happened three more times during our six night stay. Even when it was supposedly working, the air conditioners made the room cooler, but not really refreshing and the noise never subsided.
We were never offered the opportunity to switch to the other building, which I was told by other guests has better air. Nor were we offered any compensation for our trouble. Like many hotels in Wildwood, the Bal Harbour requires that you pay your entire balance up front. We could not leave and go to another place without either incurring a loss or the inconvenience of trying to get our money back.
The other reviewers are also correct about the place being outdated. The stove in our unit was so old that the numbers and writing had all been rubbed off of the knobs. We were uncomfortable using it. The beds were indeed very hard. The bottom sheet on one bed had a rip in it when we arrived.
The toilet is weirdly arranged under a shelf so that you have to bend over and reach under the shelf to flush it. We also had to hold the handle down for around 20 seconds to get it to flush.
The pool closed at 6 p.m. which was very inconvenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bal Harbour is the most complete family resort complex in the Wildwoods. Spanning a full block right on the beach, it is a luxurious hotel with its own private entrance to the beautiful beaches of Wildwood Crest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bal Harbour Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bal Harbour Oceanfront
- Bal Harbour Oceanfront Wildwood Crest
- Bal Harbour Hotel Wildwood Crest