“a rip off!”
Review of Port Royal Hotel

Port Royal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 12 July 2008

I booked my room at the Port Royal hotel over the phone. A few days later the assistant manager Louise called me to inform me they had to cancel my reservation. She told me they would refund my money which was a total of $474.00 ($237.00 a night). After a few days I still had not received my money and after calling and speaking to Louise again (who is a very rude member of a very rude staff) she told me that I had only paid for one night and they would not refund me anymore than $237.00. She would not listen to me and even after my bank sent her the transaction in which I was charged $474.00, she denied charging me for the second night. After contacting the Wildwood Crest police and filing a complaint with PNC bank I was able to get my money back. This hotel and the staff there are not to be trusted.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
13  Thank kstarrantino

Reviewed 7 July 2008

We just came back from our Fourth of July 2008 Vacation at the Port Royal. This was our first stay at this hotel. Everything was great; the room was clean with a great view of the Beach. The pool was also exceptional clean with the staff hand skimming the water hourly. The pool side restaurant was another great feature with take out service or clean tables and excellent waitress staff with fast service and good food.
The Room we stayed in did have a small safe for your personal valuables. The room had a TV with a DVD combo VCR to play movies you can bring with you. If you have to do laundry we found a washer and dryer on each floor. I did attempt to use it by found it loaded with sand. This was done by an inconsiderate guest. This was cleaned up right away by the staff.
We found it as the “Best place to stay in Wildwood Crest”. We normal stay at the Pan American that is also owned by the same people and we stayed there for years and found that to be a great Hotel as well. We have found it may be hard to book a room due to the frequent return of guest.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2008

We found this hotel by simply driving around and this looked to be the nicest option along the beach out of the very many choices. Check in was simple and easy.
The property sits in a quiet location with an open field on each side of the hotel vs. another hotel and gave plenty of privacy.
The room on the 2nd floor was simple and basic, nothing fancy here but since most of our time was outside it was just fine. The air conditioner was quiet and clean. We slept well on their beds and once the patio door was shut offered amazing soundproofing since our room was overlooking the pool.
The pool was perfect temperature and was deep and wide enough for the kids and adults, closed at 7pm. They do not have room service but do feature a restaurant both in and outside. The beach is about 30 steps from the hotel and offered great views from all the rooms.
We liked it so much we stayed another night, would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank advcardio
Reviewed 18 June 2008

i booked a one night stay for me and my son.i have only one small complaint when checking in and out the front desk woman had the personality of a wet mop. i wish she would at least act like you appreciate my business.nothing not even a smile.other than that nice room ,nice pool just and overall nice time...

Reviewed 11 June 2008

We have been visiting The Port Royal Hotel in Wildwood Crest NJ for a few years now, but this year they out-did themselves! We rent the Deluxe Oceanfront suite for a long weekend getaway every June and this year we got more than we expected. "Our" room received a makeover during the winter and it's better than ever, if that's possible. The main bedroom now boasts a King Size bed that is sooooo comfortable. There are now bunk beds tucked away in a tiny nautical themed space across from the bathroom which looks very much like it belongs in a beach house. In the living room area there is now a queen size sleeper sofa that was extremely comfortable. No bars sticking you in the back while you slept. And the kitchen is now fitted with stainless appliances which include a convection oven/microwave combo under the cabinets. The stove is a new flat top and the counter is either granite or a substance made to look like granite. And of course there are flat screen tv's in the bedroom and living area. It is still a very well run hotel too. The staff keeps everything clean and they are very friendly and accomodating. The restaurant is excellent. They also started to redecorate the pool area. It's just a wonderful place to relax with family and friends. We're all booked for next year and I'm sure we'll be loyal customers for a very long time to come.

Reviewed 10 June 2008

The Port Royal Hotel is located in Wildwood Crest, NJ. It is truly an oceanfront property. We stayed in room 520 which is a Type A room that was renovated for the 2008 season. The room is great, flat screen tv in the bedroom and living area. Efficiency kitchen has fridge, stove top, and microwave/convection oven. Living room has sofa bed. Large master bathroom and a small room that has bunk beds and sink. This unit has 2 balconies, one off the living area and the other off the master bedroom. Each floor has a coin operated washer/dryer, ice machine on each floor. The hotels offers a gift shop, small game room, they provide one computer for internet access. The hotel has wireless internet access in the lobby, though I was able to pick up wireless service from several other local hotels from the balconies of our room. The hotel has a large heated outdoor pool and hot tub. Hotel has a nice restaurant onsite along with a take out window and outdoor seating area. Parking is provided around the hotel, they also have an underground parking garage that you must pay for on a daily rate during peak season. The hotel is directly across from the beach and has two access points from the hotel. The entire staff was wonderful. The entire facility was very clean. We have stayed at 3 other hotels over the past few years and we have finally found the premier place to stay. We are looking forward to our next stay.

1  Thank ok2bout
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Iwe've been to wildwoods many times before and made reservations last minute, therefore we've stayed in OK places. Port Royal blew my mind away, great package, service, room and the place is very well kept, clean and neat. The staff could be friendlier to my expectations, but the place was so nice that I was able to get over their unfriendliness. The weather was perfect to make my 3 day weekend a pleasant one. Will defenetly stay here again. Our daugther age 7 had a great time as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Port Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!