“Great place....and I am picky!”
Review of Mark I Motel

Mark I Motel
Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 13 June 2011

From the outside it just looks like an old fashioned 2 story motel but a closer look reveals a great, clean motel totally renovated within the past 2 years. There is only one motel between them and the beach. We stayed in an apartment -small but very clean and fully stocked kitchen. Great deal since it is still June. Will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed 15 March 2011

My family and I have been staying at the Mark 1 Motel for the past 5 yrs . Staff is very friendly & accommodating . Just a hop skip & jump to the beach .The pool is beautiful and is perfect for us because they have a section for the little ones to swim .This place is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN ! Cant wait to return this summer

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I don't get the hype with this place. I wasn't overly impressed with this motel. I've stayed at other Motels in the crest and am aware that this is not a 5 star establishment, but also wasn't as impressed as most of the other reviewers. The rooms were clean and when we walked in all you could smell was bleach, which to me is a good thing. I did notice mold/mildew in the ceiling in the bathroom and in the kitchen area, but nothing that was over whelming. It had the standard small kitchen with a fridge which was a plus. The beds were horrible - although to be fare - I don't think I've found a comfortable bed in Wildwood Crest. I was there with my younger kids but was not letting them run the place like most other families. If you enjoy running around kids non-stop then this is the place for you. It didn't help we were on the lower level. I also didn't appreciate the bottles of beer being consumed in the pool or right next to it - to me is a big turn off. Really - Glass in a pool, with the owners saying nothing! The motel is in a U shape with no view of the ocean unless you are on the end row of the second level. I know most of the time I am not ocean front - but I can see the beach and hotel - kinda felt closterphobic by the design. If you like to feel you are at the beach then I don't feel this is the place. While everyone says how nice the owners were - I didn't really have the opprotunity to experience this, as every time we went to the office there was a note that they weren't there. This even happened on check out which I waited 20 mintues and no show. I call every number I can find just to talk with one of the owners who asked "do we have any other charges for phone?" - if not, to leave the keys on the counter. So now I have to leave the key on the counter - what a joke. While the place is clean and close to the beach, I will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank pachief
Reviewed 16 October 2010

This place lives up to its reputation. My wife and I chose the Mark I from looking at Trip Advisory and loved it. It's close to the beach, modern styled with very comfortable rooms. This year we went for a 3 day weekend and loved it's fun atmosphere so much we booked for a week next August. The maid service was phenomenal and management/owners were on site and helped guide us around Wildwood. It's located in the Crest, 1/4 of a block from the beach with a heated pool that was open till 11pm. Wow!!!! Great Time Can't Wait To Get Away Here Again!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackson023
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We have stayed here 2 times ayear for last 2 years and have already booked our 2 trips for next year!! It is the best place to go for a nice quiet relaxing vacation... totally clean rooms and outside... Owners are the nicest people you could ever ask for and staff is very pleasant and helpful... We just cant wait till summer 2011 to get back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank drummersgirl817
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I haven't been to Wildwood in 10 years. I chose Mark 1 after following Trip Advisor ratings and we were not sorry. Easy check-in, friendly service and very clean. Maids clean room with a very potent solvent, so air your room out for a 15 min when you arrive. Pool was great for the kids, heated and plenty of chairs for guest. Everything is new and very well maintained. It's a nice family oriented motel. We were worried about noise, but everyone is respectful and quiet. My only complaint was the amount of smokers on the outside patio. Ashtrays in abundance along motel wall and guests smoke on narrow walkways outside their room. Passing through with small children is not pleasant for anyone who does not enjoy a heafty dose of second hand smoke. Aside from that, we had a wonderful time and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Just returned from a one week vacation at the Mark 1 hotel, we have stayed there for many years and have always had a wonderful experience. The rooms are super clean and the new renovations have made this place even more beautiful. The beach is only steps away and right out your door from your room is an amazingly relaxing heated pool. I promise you will not be disappointed with your stay at the Mark 1!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple