“Very clean”

Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New York City, New York
“Very clean”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was my first trip to Wildwood. Headed down for a friend's wedding. Only stayed one night so we didn't spend a lot of time on the property (not that it is that big) or enjoy the pool. The pool did seem pretty busy with lots of families /kids every time we passed by.

We were in room 24. In the main room there was a couch (pull out?), table and chairs, plus a bed and a TV. On the far side was a full kitchen: refrigerator, oven, microwave, plates, glasses, etc. We didn't have time for any meals there, just some drinks and snacks. Wish we had packed some napkins or paper towels. There was another bed /dresser /TV in the bedroom. View of an open lot behind the building. Bathroom was small with a shower stall. Tough to shave your legs...the ladies know what I mean.

Everything seemed fairly new and definitely clean! Very pleasant staff. Not much within walking distance so pick up groceries and snacks on the way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've been going to Wildwood Crest for over 30 years. This was by far the cleanest motel we've ever been to. Great for families with small children. This is the only motel I know of that has ovens in the efficiences. We recommend this motel to anyone going to the shore.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank simom3
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Throwback 1960's style motel that we got at the last minute for a weekend at Wildwood Crest. There's some "fancier" hotels in Wildwood Crest, but pretty hard to get a reservation for at the last minute for a weekend. We stayed in the "Apt 24" room, which accomodates 6. For six adults, it's sort of like "camping" - because there's a separate bedroom for two, but the other 4 have to use a double bed and pull out bed in the living room area. But, we knew that going it & has we had teenagers with us, it's wasn't too bad. If it were a family, it would have been less sort of "cramped". We wanted a place to "crash" for a beach weekend that was clean and right next to the beach that wasn't ridiculously expensive - so, Mark 1 for sure filled that need. The rooms are clean, and the almost full size fridge was appreciated. The pool is open until 11pm and we had no problem finding a table to sit & have drinks at night poolside. So, as Wildwood motels go - I've got no complaints. No frills, but clean & friendly staff - and that counts for a lot. The comfort level of the bed was the greatest - but, it wasn't horrible. I only gave it three stars because it was not a great comfort mattress & only two pillows offered on each bed - but, as I said, if you are looking for a "crash pad" for a beach weekend, it's clean & adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Verdad
Reviewed 18 July 2013

What a fantastic little get away spot that not nearly enough people know about. In a sea of mediocrity this motel is a jewel! Exceptionally clean rooms, beautiful pool and such an incredible staff. I can't say enough great things about this place. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013
Succasunna, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Mark I. Facility was very clean and Kathy and Chris were very accommodating. The only improvements we would suggest would be possibly Queen size beds in place of the full size beds and definitely restricting smoking at the pool. Possibly the smoking could be limited to the tables at the street end, which is more out in the open. Our family could not fully enjoy the pool or sit out near the pool due to the heavy smokers surrounding the pool. Possibly we may have chosen the wrong week when there seemed to be a large number of smokers. Again, the place was exceptionally clean, maintained like it was your own home, and is in an ideal location. We would have given it 5 stars except for the smoking.

Room Tip: For non-smokers, be aware that smoking is permitted at all locations outside rooms. This includes p...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bill273
Albany, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stay at this motel every year. This has been my 5th year and for many of my friends, the 15th year! To say that the owner is meticulous is an understatement. He truly cares about the condition of the property and is always available if you need something. Although externally dated, the rooms have been upgraded and it's got to be one of the cleanest motels I've ever been to. It is the second motel from the beach and so the location is excellent.

Room Tip: We always stay in room #20- ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Quarryville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I cannot imagine staying anywhere else for a week at the beach! Chris and Kathy and always available, friendly, and answer every question you could come up with. They know where everything is and have great recommendations. The rooms are immaculate, with friendly staff. The heated pool is fantastic for kids and adults. They have a variety of rooms and suites to meet your needs, and you can't beat the view. The beach is not even a block away, and it's only a short drive to restaurants and stores. It's a bit away from the boardwalk, which we actually like because it's much quieter! We've been staying at the Mark I for 4 years and I know we will be going for many many many more!

Room Tip: The beach house not only has a great view of the beach, but also the bay! However, if you have kids...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
#19 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#4 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Mark I Motel? Share your experiences!