“Lampliter needs a new light”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lampliter Oceanside Resorts
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We've stayed in Wildwood Crest for years going back to the early 90's. The beach and boardwalk are great, The atmosphere is fun and typical of a summer resort and has not changed very much at all.
Over the years we've stayed at a variety of hotels/motels. All of them typical of the area. When we arrived at the Lampliter for a 2 night stay, our expectation was that it would be 'just like the many others we've stayed at'....unfortunately it was not. The Lampliter turned out to be city prices for a room that looked like it had not been touched since the early 90's. While we love the fact that Wildwood is in a 'time warp', it does need to keep up with surrounding hotels and the competition.
The tub would not drain which meant you were standing in dirty water. The A/C did not work,
Mattresses were pitiful. On top of everything else, when we were asked to change rooms for our 2nd night, they moved our bags but they didn't have bedding for the pull out couch. Of course the office closed at 8pm so we missed asking them for bedding and ended up sleeping without it.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Bassili5
lampliterresorts, Owner at Lampliter Oceanside Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

The reviewer says that the motel needs to keep up with surrounding hotels and the competition. And that is exactly what we are doing. This review sent us from being the number 1 motel / hotel in the Wildwood Crest area to being number 8. We have spent many hours renovating rooms and will keep remodeling them but 41 rooms can not be re-done in one year even if we wanted to do so.
We are a beachfront motel and a huge amount of sand gets into the tubs which makes plumbing a constant battle for us but we try our best. The air conditioner had no problem whatsoever, the guests before or after the reviewer had no complaints at all with the same units.
The reviewer was aware of the room switch as per our phone conversation and it we put their bags into the second room as a courtesy. We check the rooms after the maids are done cleaning them to make sure everything is in order. Had the maid (and then we) missed the bedding on the pullout sofa, the office is actually open till 9 and there is a manager on the premises 24/7 so it could have been corrected.
Parts of this review should not be taken into consideration when deciding whether you would like to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I lost track of how many years I have been going to the Lampliter...I Love going in September when the car show and Irish Festival is going on. I have NEVER booked into a dirty room so I cant even share that kind of experience but I can share how great the owners and the staff are there. They are so considerate and helpful.
We now have our family reunions at the Lampliter, some local from NJ and as far as Wisconsin, Florida and growing, I Love ending my summer there and look forward to many more visits.

Room Tip: Its hard to say...I think all rooms are great just depends on what view you want.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MaryM925424
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed for the first time memoral day weekend we loved the view of the ocean the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The owner was very friendly. We meet some nice family's will go again labor day

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had a wonderful time! This hotel is right on the beach. The deck was huge and had grills to use and tables with umbrellas that looked out onto the beach. Our efficiency was roomy, comfy, and very clean. I called the front desk because I didn't have a can opener to see if they could find me on, and within a minute someone was at my door with one for me!! Talk about service! The pool was warm and clean, and the hot tub was great. Never had trouble finding a lounge chair at the pool. We were within walking distance to dining, bicycle rentals. We walked to the boardwalk, but it was a bit of a hike. The trolleys in the town don't come frequently. The grocery stores and jet skis were a very short drive away. Would definitely return for another stay!! A great value!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LinnRynae
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I just spent a small vacation here for the 2nd year, and as happy as the 1st. Most people here are return vacationers and for good reason. Beautiful location, immaculate pool, and nice rooms. You can't have a better beach location and perfect for family's.

Room Tip: I was in 33 and those rooms have nice balcony's and deck. Great view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our home away from home! The rooms have recently been upgraded making this year's experience even better than the last. The owner is so accommodating and the staff are friendly and professional. The pool is sparkling clean with a magnificent view of the beach. Can't wait to go back again next year for the ninth year in a row.

Room Tip: Rooms on the poolside are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

It was so Beautiful .. Very clean I'm in love with this place.. I will be coming from now on every year!!! Very close to the beach .. Everything was handing Grills,pool,chairs,hot tub. Private parking awesome house keeper. Perfect Ocean View!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013