“A nice Wildwood motel”

Ranked #51 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A nice Wildwood motel”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

After reading some of these reviews I thought'" Wow, I have to write one". We have stayed at a few different spots in the Crest but have been back to the Villanova for the past few vacations. The place is typical of a Wildwood motel, so if you are expecting room service, a pool open late in the evening etc, you won't find it anywhere in Wildwood. However the Villanova is smack dab on the BEACH, the bathroom was CLEAN, the beds were pretty comfortable, the pool was clean, the towels were soft and the shower water was hot. I can't ask for any more for the reasonable price they charge compared to some other places. The owners were cordial and attended to any needs. Yes, it is stated when you make your reservation that check in time is 3:00pm! If you get there early and your room is not ready that is not the fault of the owners. Housekeeping staff was on top of everything in and outside of the room. The only thing I was not happy with was the amount of noise late in the evening on the pool side of the motel, A few evenings there were quite large groups of people spending the evening on the deck and the noise was a little more than I wanted. They were not rowdy or rude, just enjoying their vacation but I wanted a little more quiet. I am sure that this happens at all the motels in Wildwood as families get together. Overall, we like the place and would stay here again

3 Thank WW39

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Deleware
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Got there at 10 am check in was at 3. They got the room ready while I ate in the Coffee Shop which was very good and got to the room at 11;30 Had a great 3 days Very clean very goog service Will go back next year.brotherh

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I have been coming to the Villa Nova for 22 years with my family. The rooms are always clean, the service is excellent, and the customer service is always outstanding! The family who owns it makes everyone feel welcome during their stay. The rates are very reasonable and the location is perfect being right on the beach in peaceful Wildwood Crest and many of the rooms have a beautiful view of the ocean. The pool on site is always heated and clean. The motel is quiet at night and is ideal for a relaxing getaway. I would highly recommend the Villa Nova motel as I always have a pleasurable experience and feel rejuvenated upon my return home.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Pete S
Philadelphia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Not true! Not a dump at the the Villa Nova. We have been going there for the last 10 years for our family vacation and we'll be returning there every July FOREVER. Check in is 3:00 as always. We here at the Villa Nova have been vacationing with families that have been here for 20-30 years. Joanne and Harold are wonderful people. They are very accomdating. I can't count how many timesI have forgotten things and they have it for me. We as a family have accumlated so many friends along the years, including Joanne and Harold. The Motel itself, property and pool are well kept. The motel is traveled so much with so many families in and out, my feelings are they maintain it very very well throughout the summer. The owners deal with many personalities, one thing I know that the regulars do not do (because we have no reason) is complain about every little thing possible. We check in, we check out. That is pretty much it. In between we have a vacation that last us 1 whole year until we are back, every July. So with that said...... Its ashame you feel this way, because it wouldn't be a vacation to me if I didn't book at Villa Nova (maybe try to book the last week in July with all of us, you're feelings may change "Tales from the Crest") and remember Check in is at 3:00.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank msrags
NJ
Reviewed 15 August 2011

After reading many reviews on this site, we decided to book this hotel for a last minute weekend get away. We should have known there must have been a reason there was still vacancy. Upon our arrival we walked into the lobby of the motel to find the owner Joanne fighting with a guest who was also checking in. She was making a fool of herself by trying to belittle the guest. As well as saying this was her 3rd argument of the morning so her fuse was low, our arrival time was 10:00 am. I wonder how many more arguments she had that day. Whatever happened to the customer always being right? At the very least she could have held her composure. As far as I am concerned, a business person should not conduct themselves in this manner especially not in front of other customers. I started having second thoughts right away, had another hotel had vacancies I would have left.

We got to our room, only to find black mold all over the bathroom including the ceiling. The white towels are old and stained. The water pressure was minimal. The hotel and rooms look like they have not been touched since it was built in the 70's. The service was all around terrible. I can not think of a better way to describe it than to say it is a dump, dump, dump. Needless to say I will not be booking this hotel next time I am in Wildwood Crest. Found the owner Joanne to be very unpleasant. I would not consider this hotel again.

7 Thank Jordan C
NY
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is the second time I have stayed here, however the first was about 12 years ago. Things have not changed much except the carpet. The property is right on the beach with a pool. It provides grills to cook on. This is a very family oriented place. It seems that several members of the same family come here the same time of the year. There was a family that must of had 3-6 rooms which is nice that they can meet each year. Since they provide grills it makes it affordable to feed a large family. The beds are as hard as a rock, the rooms are clean. I would come back here again just from the family friendly vibe it gives.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, small bathrooms, has small fridge and microwave.