“I loved it and would say again”

V.I.P. Family Motel
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“I loved it and would say again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Cant wait to go back again. My kids loved it too!!! The place was very clean and loved that the pool, park and beach was right outside our door. Parking was very easy and the staff was soooo friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MadisyntylersEileen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Have been staying here for a week in august every year for about 15 years give or take? The staff has been wonderful. They take pride in keeping the rooms and public areas clean. I have stayed at many hotels on the Jersey Shore and this may not have the largest rooms but is much cleaner than any others I have stayed at. It has an excellent location for all there is to do in WW and a short walk to the beach. A great park right across the street for all kinds of activities where there is live music 2 nights out of the week. Every year they are doing updates to the rooms and public areas. Melissa and her family are a pleasure to deal with and make you feel like very welcome friends that they truly enjoy seeing! Hope to spend many more years there!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I'm honestly surprised by all the great reviews for this place. Sure the management is very nice and the rooms are clean, but that does not equate to a 5 star rating. The decor is extremely outdated and the beds need replacing. I guess that a lot of the hotels/motels at the Jersey shore though are in similar condition so they don't need to upgrade and can still sell out.

The other thing that surprised me was that this is considered a family motel. After coming back from the boardwalk on a Sat night around 10:30pm, there were a bunch of people sitting right outside the rooms playing loud music. This could be easily heard from inside our room. I was equally surprised to see what appeared to be teenage kids openly playing beer pong and flip cup, Keystone Light cans and all. I guess the cops are not strict in this town. Luckily the music died down around 11:30, but isn't this place supposed to be for people with young kids too?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank traveler10173
The_VIP_Family_Motel, Manager at V.I.P. Family Motel, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
First and foremost, the family that was here during your recent stay has been staying with us since those "teenagers" were in diapers-- I assure you that they are no longer teenagers and are now all of legal age to consume alcohol. I want to state that at The VIP Family Motel we certainly DO NOT condone underage drinking at our establishment. Nonetheless, we cannot card each individual we see outside with a beer can either.

With that being said, I want to apologize for the music and the loud noise upon returning from the boardwalk; however, with it being a Saturday Night, the park adjacent to our property (Centennial Park) had a concert that night (as they do every Wednesday and Saturday throughout the summer season) that played from 7:30pm-10pm. The noise ordinance in Wildwood Crest does not take effect until 11pm and our law enforcement officers are extremely strict here-- they have a well-known reputation for being "tough". Only on weekends are they somewhat lenient and do not firmly enforce the Noise Ordinance till closer to midnight.

We do upgrade our rooms each and every year. New items (updated 2011/2012) include: Brand new carpet in all of our rooms, the beds were replaced two years ago-- this being their third season, new pillows, new flat screen televisions in both the bedrooms and living rooms, new refrigerators, new microwaves, recently re-glazed tubs and bathroom sinks, brand new tables and benches for the dining area, and all of our kitchen units have new tiling. The only area in our rooms that has not recently been updated are our kitchens, which we do have plans to replace as soon as possible!

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and that we could not satisfy your wants. If there were any problems where you thought inappropriate teenagers were playing Beer Pong it should have been brought to our attention, it is not something we support at our establishment.

We have a large sandy play area for young children at our establishment... that is because we cater to those with small children. For many families, it is a Wildwood tradition to stay at The VIP Family Motel each and every year; with each new year the children do age and may no longer be small or young.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed here based on the reviews and was very disappointed. I havebeen coming to Wildwood since I was a child so I am well aware that many hotels have outdated decor which I can live with to a certain extent,however these rooms sre extremely outdated very small. We are a family of 4 and it was tight. The room was not that clean. Upon check in there was sand visible on the rug & hair on the bathroom floor.The maid service was awful.They did not take out the garbage..vaccum..or wipe down the bathroom. There is also a loud man who would come to the door&ask for wet towels...I hsve never experienced that @any hotel in the Crest & have been visiting for 30 yrs. They also have air conditioners over the bed. The first night my husband awoke to find the ac dripping on him. You can def find better places reasonably priced to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank logansmom227
I'm so sorry to read that you were disappointed and dissatisfied with your stay with us at The VIP Family Motel. All of our rooms are updated each year; new, updated items include: new carpet in every room, new flat-screen televisions (smaller flat-screen in the bedroom, larger flat-screen in the living room), new living room dressers, new kitchen tables/ benches, recently powder-coated tubs and bathroom sinks, new tile in kitchens (if you stayed in an efficiency unit); unfortunately, our rooms are considered small for some people. The above mentioned updates occurred throughout the 2011/ 2012 season. Our building was established in 1964 and a large majority of hotels and motels in the Wildwoods have the same square-footage in their hotel rooms due to being built in the same era. We would LOVE to offer larger units for our guests and hopefully someday we will be able to. We have plans for the near future to re-do all of our kitchen units. Most of our units contain brand new refrigerators and all new microwaves. Our mattresses are now in their third season while our pillows are new.

I wish you would've came to us about the maid service, as we do pride ourselves in our A-1 cleanliness and we strive to maintain that reputation. We tell all of our guests upon check-in that if something is "not quite right in the room" or if anything is "needed" to please let us know. I'm sorry to read of the air conditioning unit dripping; unfortunately sometimes these units do freeze up due to windows and doors being left open while the AC is running, condensation then builds on the inside and they do occasionally drip when this happens. I wish we could've made your stay more enjoyable.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Was a super clean motel however the rooms were quite small and the WIFI was horrible. I would recommend this for families with small children. We had 2 adults and 2 teenagers and it was very tight. Only a two seater couch so where was everyone else going to sit? One day I left a frypan in the sink to soak and the cleaning service cleaned it? Bring your own non-stick pan!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just spent a week down wildwood crest at the vip motel our first time we had a great time. The owners and those behind the desk are so nice and will do anything for you. My older son went down with us and scrapped his foot and they were right there for him giving him bandaids and med for his foot. The location is great right across from the park you can sit out and watch the bands play from across the street. I am a clean freak so the place was great nice and clean. We will be booking next year just loved this place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have been coming to the VIP for over twenty years. The are always consistant. WE are used to the great service, Clean rooms, and friendly surroundings. This third generation owned motel is always accomidating and go out of thier way to make your stay a great one. My children have been coming here since they were very young. Now in thier twenties, they still look foward coming to the VIP.

Room Tip: We like the rooms with kitchen accesories.