“Third time in two Years”

V.I.P. Family Motel
Ranked #14 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Enjoyed this year just as much if not more than last year. Last year was my first year here and just returned from another 5 night stay. The VIP is like returning home. It's so clean and comfortable. The owners make you feel like you belong there, not just a paying guest that they will never see again. This is what makes VIP so special. The location is wonderful. Close to the beach, close to the park and my son and I enjoyed the walk each day to the boardwalk. It's reasonably priced compared to others in the areas. We enjoyed the weenie roast and unfortunately missed the movie they played poolside one evening. The only complaint I have, which has nothing to do with the motel itself, is the groups of families that vacation together, and somehow take over the outside patios and chairs. One family in particular, kept their towels on 5 chairs by the pool from Monday to Thursday, all day long and never once used the chairs. We went out in the morning the towels were there, we would come back in the afternoon, the towels were there, go out at night and yes the towels were still there. They also monopolized certain tables on the outside patio, but there are plenty of tables for the guests. Three grills also. If you have small children, I recommend the first floor. Much easier. If you want a nice clean comfortable stay in the Crest, this is your place to be. I returned home last night from the VIP and I miss it already.

Room Tip: Second floor for couples, first floor for families with children
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 July 2013

we just got back from a great 5 night stay at the vip motel. this has been our second time staying there. it is a perfect family vacation place to stay. the rooms and pool are clean and the staff is very friendly. it is very reasonably priced. we will be going back again in the future.

Room Tip: i think the rooms are basically very similiar. it is only two floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Parents stayed there as they were a young couple, then had us kids. Every year we'd come back as a family, and now looking forward to taking my husband and child...
Many happy memories as a child, teen, and adult.
Friendly and family environment, and very clean. Very good location in the crest, and on the "sunny side" of the street for afternoon tanning... :)

Love the V.I.P

You won't regret staying here, and will want to come back year after year like so many of their "guests".....

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Emilyrhodes
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The VIP family motel is the best they make everyone feel like family and are always available when you need them. Me and my boyfriend stayed there for the weekend last May an it was so relaxing an the beach is right there.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We had an excellent stay in this fine motel, probably the best money/quality you can get in Wildwood Crest. We rent a two rooms accomodation with kitchenette. Although the room is small (yes it is small!), it was clean and comfortable, which are most important criteria anyway. Hats off to the owners for their attention to details and friendly attitude; this is what makes the differences between average stay and great ones! Along with the pool, there is a shuffleboard deck, a ping-pong table and small playground for young children. Movie night as well next to the pool.

Short walking distance to the beach, not too far from the beginning of the boardwalk.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My mother took us to the VIP every summer when I was little, and this Labor Day Weekend I had the pleasure of taking my kids-30 years later! They loved playing in the playground and the pool. We never even made it to the boardwalk because they had so much fun right at the hotel and on the beach! The park that is caddy corner to the hotel had a concert one night and it was fabulous sitting on the VIP patio to listen to it. Yes, the rooms are retro, but who cares? They are functional and clean and serve their purpose. My walk down memory lane was better than I expected, and Melissa, Roland and family are keeping the charm of the VIP alive. Thanks for that! The VIP is now MY family's tradition! See you next year!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor if you have small children. Bring dish soap!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl W
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Dear Melissa and Roland, Thank you again for a fine time at your family orientated facility. Checking in and getting a hug makes me feel like I,m at home again. We have been coming here for around 30 years and never had a bad experience. The best part is seeing other families that have been coming here for just as long as we have. I was a boy when I started and now I have a boy who I hope will keep coming when he is my age. Rooms are always clean and you will always get whatever yoiu ask for, Your not the Ritz but to me you are like home, and thats what this vacation is all about, If you are looking for this similar feeling this is the place!!!!!

Room Tip: if you have small children would be best to stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family