“The Waikiki is an affordable getaway with a great location”

and 1 more site!
Waikiki Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Waikiki and it was great! Couples be aware this is a family oriented motel, but most places down here are. It is right on the beach and is a walkable distance to the boardwalk and bike rentals. We had one of the oceanfront suites which made it a romantic vacation. The only negative I have to comment about is the front office staff. Even over the phone they are a bit rude, but we didn't let that bother us. Bottom line is that this motel is great and we look forward to coming back again!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Joma9186

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here 2 times already. I found the tiki kind of theme very fun. It gives the place a little character. On the second floor there a grills to use at your convenience. There are also tables to eat while facing ocean front. The lounge chairs have big covers on then for some shade if you choose. The rooms were well maintained and the staff is friendly. On the top floor there is a gift shop and a diner. I would stay her again for sure :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank danikid
Reviewed 10 June 2014

There is a simple formula for getting people to stay at your motel again...be KIND to the people who are PAYING to stay at your establishment! The women in the office are rude and the place wasn't great enough for us to overlook how unprofessional they are! There are plenty of other comparable motels in Wildwood crest with wonderful management for us to stay!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our first visit to the Waikiki. We were invited to spend the holiday week with friends. We were pleasantly surprised. The motel was very clean, well maintained, and nicely decorated. The pool was nice and the location on the oceanfront was convenient. Our room was an oceanfront room with a private balcony. The bed was comfortable although not quite up to the standard of a name brand hotel. The motel was nicer than what you would expect for an older motel at the jersey shore. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a nice experience and we plan to return next year.

Room Tip: It was worth the extra money for the oceanfront room because you had a better view and a private bal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We never stayed in the crest before,I'm so glad we stayed here.The room was bright and clean.Everyone was Great.The view was PERFECT and it was a short walk to the boardwalk.The restaurant upstairs was great also.We had an ocean front room(the only rooms we stay at anywhere) and there are no words to explain the view.We will stay there again.

Room Tip: If you stay here,make sure you get ocean front,the sunrise from your private balcony if beautiful.Th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pattimow
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Waikiki for a long weekend in October. I had always wanted to stay, but after reading the review here, I always stayed away. So sorry I did!! The motel was impeccably clean, the woman at the front desk was a doll, and the view can't be beat!! I really loved the fact that the front room of our ocean front room was tiled instead of carpeted, no musty shore motel smell at all!! The lovely cafe on the top floor was very nice, loved being able to walk up a flight of stairs to get my morning coffee and breakfast. Since we stayed in October, we didn't get to use the pool, but it looked very nice and I loved tandem canopied lounge chairs, could see myself sitting in one with a drink and a good book! We would definitely like to stay here for a week sometime soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nxrcks
Reviewed 19 October 2013

After reading some of these reviews I'm wondering if these people are staying at the same hotel that we are, we have been staying at the Wakiki in Wildwood for at least ten years ,and in the past four years we have seen more improvements then ever before, the rooms are clean, and the new bathrooms are modern and beautiful, the new mattress are great and supply a good nights rest, the pool area is clean with a welcomed heated pool and the new lounge chairs are a welcomed sight, as for the staff, Marie, Natalie, Pam and Frank and staff go out of their way to make everyone feel at home, The rooftop resturant offers great food with Bob making everyone feel like there eating in their own kitchen. I we will continue to stay at the Wakiki and highly recommend anyone looking for a relaxed family atmosphere vacation stay at this hotel kudo's to the staff and owners of this establisment

Vic ,Annmarie, and Mark

Room Tip: All rooms are great with excellent views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family