“Horrible employees, horrible policies, horrible hearts”

and 1 more site!
Waikiki Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
NJ
“Horrible employees, horrible policies, horrible hearts”
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I booked this hotel for Aug 28th-30th. On Wednesday the 26th, I had a death in my close family. I called that very day to notify them of my situation and to possibly reschedule for the following week. (Labor Day). I was told that my info would be noted, i would be penciled in for the following week, and to call back the next day to speak to the reservationist to make sure it was ok. (this woman i first spoke to was very nice and understanding). The next day when i called i spoke to a different woman who was very rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional. She claimed she knew nothing of my situation and that deposits are non refundable or transferrable. I told her of my situation, (which i was willing to show proof of), but she could care less and told me that the hotel policy was the hotel policy and that I would lose my deposit and would not be able to transfer it to the next week.
----I could not believe this! I understand what the hotel policy may have been, but i did have an unfortuante situation happen in my life, and they could have shown some compassion. Instead i got treated with rudeness. I obviously could not have made it down that weekend, so I was even willing to come in the following week! (which was actually going to be an extra night stay! At holiday rates!!) But all they were interested in was taking my deposit from me, no matter what my situation was. That's very greedy, in my opinion. It's not like I intended on having a family member pass away and it would have been nice if they showed some compassion and understanding for this type of situation. I will never stay here in the future or recommend this hotel to anyone. Ever

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DIGGYDIGGY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
CT
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I organized a family reunion for 7 families. From March '09 till now, the staff was extremely helpful with all details of their hotel. One staff member even checked out local restaurants for me to find out which ones could accomodate our large group for a dinner. The rooms and suites were roomy, clean and comfortable. The suites had good cooking accomodations including stoves and microwaves.Great BBQ area too.The oceanfront location was perfect for a beach vacation. We used the rooftop restaurant each day, and they easily accomodated us though our group was over 10-15 in number most times.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Couple months ago we called for information, I informed them their was 8 of us who were planing to travel. For 3 to 4 nights during the first week of August. I was told on the phone that I can purchase a suite which include 2 bed rooms & in each bedroom their would be 2 full size bed . Plus a sofa bed . I also was inform that we were be across from the board walk since I was traveling with 2 elders. I was also inform that the pool would be heated during the evening. Once we arrived I went to receive the keys of the rooms . The old lady in the front desk shouted out loud before I came to the counter ; "NO REFUNDS ". This is not a proper way to greet your customers who are arriving for the first time. Received my keys went checkout the rooms & come to find out I only had 1 bedroom wtih 2 twin beds . I went spoke to the lady she inform me now that all the suites comes only with 1 bedroom one queen size bed. Now Im being inform they never had 2 bedrooms suites. What else can I do at the present moment,since Im traveling with 6 other people.. They refuse to give me my money back. I come to find out they lie about the board walk being across from the hotel.
We had no other choice then to purchase 2 more suites for $ 228.00 . And to finish it they never came in to clean the rooms . For the $228.00 night I could stay at another hotel on the boad walk. No flys nor smelly rooms. Never again .

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SonnieNy
Albany, NY
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We just returned from a week in Wildwood where we stayed at the Waikiki. I was worried before we got there because in the last 4 years I have not yet found a hotel that I liked and wanted to return to. I would definitely return to this one. From making our reservations, to checking in and our stay, I couldn't have been happier. The staff all were nice. The rooms were spotless. They are dated, but very clean. We had a problem with our bathroom sink at 10pm and it was fixed within a half-hour. The pool was clean and just the right temperature. My 9 year old son had a ball in it. The sundecks were nice and very clean as well. We enjoyed the restaurant on top for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My husband and I have been staying here for a few years. He has been coming here since he was a teenager. On our recent stay this past June, we noticed that there have been NO upgrades in anything but the PRICE!!! The gift shop doesn't have much to offer, the pool is too warm, we didn't visit the restaurant this time, too expensive. We are wondering what are they doing with all the money they are getting on the rooms? My husband also noticed that out of 10 oceanfront rooms, 8 patio lights were not working. The one good thing about this hotel is the location. It is far enough from the boardwalk but within walking distance, close to the playground and the beach. We look forward to our trip and love the crest but will be looking for another hotel next year.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Elvis6460
Newark, NJ
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We Booked a trip months in advance. IT was reserved under my credit card. I called and spoke to a woman there serval times regarding our trip before our stay. She knew it was a room for two people , My boyfriend and I, And she knew we were only 23 at the time. When we arrived to check in, the woman sid we couldn't have a room, even though we had a reservation for over four months! She claimed we had to be married and over 25 . Why wouldn't they ask this information when booking the reservation or post the information on the website that they had? It was a busy weekend and after being turned away, we had to spend two hours trying to find a hotel with vacancies, after driving 3 hours just to get to wildwood!!!! HORRIBLE PLACE. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. BE CAREFUL!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tarabeans
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel Monday night through Thursday morning. Upon our arrival my son had to use the restroom (he was 5) and the lady at the front desk was very nice and gave me the key to the room and said to stop back down when he was done. After our check-in, we unloaded our stuff and went to the Beach. The room was very clean with plenty of towels, the pool was clean, and YES, it was HEATED. I was pleasantly surprised at how warm it was. We were out in it the first night we were there when it was about 60 degrees out and rather chilly, but the water was great. Every morning we were there, the manager/owner and another employee were diligently cleaning the pool and making sure it was ready for it's guests. I slept on the sofa sleeper and evryday the maid had come in and fixed the sofabed and replaced all our towels.

I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers traveling to Wildwood Crest. The area was very clean, the staff was very friendly, and it made our vacation great!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family