“Still one of the better Wildwood properties”
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Still one of the better Wildwood properties”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We decided on a last minute trip down the shore in May and chose to once again stay at the Aqua Beach as we had had a very nice stay there on a previous visit. Pricing for before Memorial Day was still relatively reasonable, although somewhat higher than the previous off season visit. We had an ocean front (even though it's a quarter mile now to the water) king room, and the room was still very clean and resorty. But as it seems is the case with so many of our recent trips, we were next to so other guests who decided to be quite obnoxious and loud for much of the time there, and topped it off with smoking on the walkway in front of the rooms, which of course wafted into our room and had to be dealt with any time we needed to walk by. We notified the front desk of the smoking and asked why smoking was permitted at a non-smoking motel, to which we were responded that the person there could do nothing and would talk to management the next day (the day we left). I guess it's a price we have to pay for having travel priced to appeal to the masses........................ But all in all still one of the best locations in the Crest and a well maintained property for a short season resort town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Upper Darby
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Hubby and i decided on a spur of the moment getaway yesterday. Just 1 night without the kids. So I called around 7:00 am to see if they had any jacuzzi rooms available . Was so happy to be told yes.. The employee on phone was so friendly and I appreciate them getting us in so quickly.We were instantly pleased when we opened the door. Really nice 4 poster king bed . Opened the bathroom door to the jacuzzi which we spent a lot of time in.especially after we came back to the room after walking the boardwalk, I started to feel sick and the jacuzzi was so relaxing. Room was very clean and the decor was really nice. Best of all was the price! Wish i could have stayed longer but grateful for time I had. Hoping to go back within next month or so with my hubby and kids. Didn't try the pool but it looked fun. Really cant say anything bad about it.

• Stayed May 2014
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Where will I begin? For starters, we purchased a Spring getaway, manager's midweek package; five nights and six days. We came in on Sunday, May 18th and checked out today- Friday, May 23rd. The package included breakfast five mornings, one lunch, dinner three evenings, select activities from the gold, silver and platinum categories, a bottle of wine upon arrival and a box of taffy upon checkout. YES!!!! A really great value! The restaurants that were participating in the Spring getaway package and that were open during our visit offered enough of a variety of dishes from which to choose.

There were a few minor issues that were noticeable but they did not prevent my husband or myself from having a great stay. First, the bathroom was a bit cramped. The floor plan offered us a big jacuzzi and the toilet was situated close to the jacuzzi. The shower stall was placed opposite the sink which was lovely, but the shower stall seemed built for a petite person. Now I'm not a huge person width-wise, but I am 5'10 and approx 160lbs. I could not shower without my elbows, arms or some other body part bumping the walls or the doors of the stall. It really is a tight fit. Then there was the issue of the ventilation in the bathroom. Using the vent helped to draw the moisture from the bathroom, but all aromas in the bathroom lingered- good, bad and otherwise. Also, we happened to be in the room watching tv on Thursday, May 22nd in the afternoon when there is this noise at our room door. It was as though someone was hitting up against it. My husband peered out the curtains and said that a maintenance personnel was working on the door. It was definitely loud enough to be disruptive. Finally, I opened the room door and only then did the male maintenance person utter something like "I'm sorry, I'm working on the door". I responded "Oh" with an annoyed look on my face because I was annoyed! At the very least, why not alert your guests via a phone call from the front desk or have the maintenance member knock on the door before proceeding with the work? It turns out he was removing the old room # plaque that was displayed on the door and replacing it with a newer one. The newer one indeed looks much better. But scraping on the door and applying whatever necessary other force is rude and unacceptable when you have guests in the room and your guests are unaware of what's happening.

One other odd event that happened: we returned from breakfast on Wednesday, May 21st and stopped in our room before heading to the boardwalk for a stroll. The room had not been touched yet by the maid service. I sat on the bed and my hand came across a strange looking cap/ top that neither my husband or I recognized. I called the front desk and told them exactly what I found. The male staff said that he was going to contact the head of housekeeping to see if housekeeping staff had entered our room and/ or left for some reason and return later. Well, we never got a follow up call telling us anything. That didn't please us at all.

On a brighter note, housekeeping was pretty prompt about cleaning the room daily. The floor was mopped, towels replenished, bed made and garbage emptied. I would have given the overall review a '4' or '5', but it's more like a 3.5 because of the incident with the maintenance staff and the lack of follow up from the male front desk staffer relative to the top/ cap that was found in our room.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank nyu314
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just returned home from another AMAZING mother's day weekend vacation at Aqua beach resort. Every time we go there is just gets better and better. Generally we stay in the Caicos but unfortunately it was booked out for this time. So I ended up getting an individual room to myself. (Room 507- Belle) ,let me tell you it did not disappoint. Everything about this place is great . The pool is great, and always clean. The hot tub is the same way. (I do wish that the hot tub was a little hotter but that is okay.), the rooms are always clean and the staff takes care of them. The roof top hammocks and swings are such a great place for people with larger familes to just gather and relax. The staff there are always so nice and accommodating. And you never have to ask twice for anything. You need towels for the pool they have them. It is great that they have a restaurant right there to grab breakfast, and a game room for the kids.

Thank you once again for another awesome stay at Aqua beach. We will see you again next year...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cherieann1981
Skillman, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Aqua Beach does a great job keeping things clean and providing a nice resort at reasonable prices. The aqua beach offers nice ocean front rooms with a kitchenette. We stay there each fall for the NJ Wine Festival and sometimes in the spring for the classic car show on Mother's Day weekend. The WiFi is weak in the room, but comes in good on the balcony and other areas of the resort. I noticed lots of staff keeping things clean and orderly, so I rate this high on effort. The people were all very polite and courteous. I look forward to the next visit to WildWood and will definitely look for room at Aqua Beach!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are nice with king beds and kitchenette. The balcony is nice and the roof access...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had a great time at Aqua Beach. I loved the ocean view. No one bothered us. We had a room at the end facing the ocean. I would stay there again. I stayed there when it was the car show and Irish weekend. easy check in and out.. my friend referred me to stay there. I love the hammocks on the roof very relaxing..

• Stayed September 2013
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Aqua Beach Resort is Wildwood Crest is the nicest hotel. We love it there. This is going to be our 6th year staying there and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. I love the rooms which are so clean and nice. The staff is soo friendly. I highly recommend everyone to try it and if they do, they will love it.

Room Tip: the rooms on the oceanside are nice...we always choose the Largo room...we love that we can go outsi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#25 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!