“Couldn't Wait to Leave.”
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We did not have the best experience at this hotel. Our family of 6 arrived to our room after a long drive and as you can imagine everyone had to use the bathroom. After the third person went the toilet clogged. A nice man came up and plunged it out but by the next morning the same problem happened. After 3 desperate phone calls to the office someone finally came up to fix the problem (45 minutes later, which is a lifetime when you first wake up in the morning). We were told to go down to the game room and use the bathroom but it was locked!! The room was freezing. We were out of our room from 10am to 4:30pm for beach and pool time. I asked the maid for extra towels and blankets but she did not speak English so I left a note on the bathroom sink with my request. The note was back on the nightstand but no towels or blankets were provided (not to mention the maid service did not come to our room until 5pm). The Bagel Cafe cashier could have been a little more pleasant, considernig there was a big tip jar on the counter for "College Fund". The only pleasant person there was the life guard.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gloria1208

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We've been staying at aqua beach for 5 years now. This year we were very disappointed The room we usually book does not have carpets. When I called to ask if the room I selected had carpets I was told no it did not. When we checked in the room had dirty carpets, the bathroom was old and dirty and the beds were horrific. Every time you layed down or sat at the edge you would sink in. My son lost a toy under the bed and when I went to retrieve it you could see the box springs on both beds were sagging and touching the floor. For the price we paid I would expect the rooms to be kept up to date.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, very clean. Good service, we wanted more blankets et got it in 5 minutes! 5 minites away from the beach ( once you walked the 5 Min on the sand ). Big fridge in pir largo room, huge bathroom. Only negative comment is about the parking. I suggest that you put room number onthe ground so if you go somewhere you
Come back and have parking on the site and dont have to pay meters! We overall enjoy our stay with them!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at aquabeach for 5 days and it was great we had a couple problems with are toilet and fridge we let the front desk know about it and in under 15 min a maintenance guy Tracy came up and fix our issues and threw out our vacation every time he would see us he would ask if we were OK what a great guy we will return

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jackandann326
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have been staying as Aqua Beach for over 20 years. We have created so many treasured memories over the years that we hold close in our hearts and minds. Our thoughts are, as long as our oceanfront room is clean, we will return every year. So far, we have been blessed with a clean room.

Room Tip: Close to the boardwalk; enough to grab the tramcar. Family friendly. Nice pool setting. Oceanfront i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MS52
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I took a chance on short notice, and booked a room at this resort. What a HUGE mistake. Let me summarize the experience this way:

- We were charged for our room AND someone else's room claiming "our computers were down, and sir, it's not my fault". This was the desk clerk's response this evening when asked how she was planning to resolve our overcharge. We left the hotel (EARLY) without a resolution.
- We left early. Why? Let's begin with the safety/fire hazard in our room; an electrical outlet with a broken male plug jammed into the outlet. Next, the privacy vertical blinds were broken. Our room faced the pool, with no private balcony. Imagine a room with no ability to close the blinds, and no curtains. Next, the air conditioning unit was permanently locked to 66 degrees. It could not be turned up, down - pulling the plug turned it off.

Get this. When we asked the clerk about these faults, she reviewed the terms/conditions of the contract stating they weren't responsible if the AC unit et al was working properly. WOW!

I am filing a formal complaint against this hotel. I've contacted my bank to file a claim. And I warn you to think twice about booking a room at this hotel.

Room Tip: The foyer is beautiful. If you can rent this, I'd recommend it since it's loaded with new a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank NicktheKnife
Reviewed 26 July 2014

First off, this resort is in a wonderful spot on the ocean, in walking distance from the attractions, but a little removed from some of the craziness of the boardwalk. We stayed in a Jade room that had a lovely view of the sea, but the room was very small, and the decor was dated. The room smelled musty often, and nothing ever dried. It had a kitchenette that was useful but the full size beds were not the sleeping space we are accustomed to and the mattresses were well past their due date. Sleeping was challenging because there were some lame blinds on the windows that let in the bright lights on the balconies outside our room. The other guests were quiet enough but this guy woke us up each morning yelling "Fresh fruit!" on the street below. The staff was very helpful overall and the cafe downstairs served a great breakfast, everything fresh and great portions. Parking your car is a challenge if you have a larger vehicle. A nice perk there is that you can borrow beach chairs and umbrellas from the hotel and the beaches are big, clean and free. It was fun but it could have been more comfortable. Invest in some new mattresses and light blocking window treatments, possibly dehumidifiers and I would give it an Excellent review.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#13 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!