“Wildwood vacation for the books”

Cape Cod Inn Resort Motel
Ranked #61 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Newton, New Jersey
“Wildwood vacation for the books”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We just had a four day and three night stay in Wildwood Crest, NJ at the Cape Cod Inn. The rooms were cleaned, but the house keepers would come at the most inconvenient timing and when asking if they could come back in ten minutes until we could collect our stuff to leave, we received attitude from the staff. The staff in the front office were okay but if you have any questions it seemed like we were inconveniencing them for an answer. The most important comment I have is with the parking. I understand that the parking is for the customers and that it is limited however, when we were visiting the hotel, we had two cars and were only able to have one car at the complex. When I asked about the two cars situation, they responded with a rude comment about parking on the street and when I asked if it was safe to park on the street i received another rude comment along the lines of "well its not New York City, so yea its safe!" Another situation we encountered with the parking lot was that there were no places for the second car to park due to the nice weather all the blocks were full. After searching for a place to park for about ten minutes, I went into the lobby to ask the lady behind the desk if I could have a temporary pass to park in the parking lot because there were no spots to park and were searching for the past ten minutes and would move the second car in like 20 minutes to see if a spot had opened and the response was, "well tonight we were be booked so we have no room. Therefore you cant have a temporary pass." Meanwhile it was like 1:00PM when we asked for the pass and that night there was like 4 open spots, so obvious lie that they were not "booked" and had "no room" for a 20 MINUTE TEMPORARY PASS!! On the other hand, when we did find a spot it was okay to leave the car. The way the parking lot is set up had spots in front of other spots, therefore if you pull into a spot another car can pull into the spot behind you and then your blocked in until they leave. Now that would be fine if you were with another car BUT the other car isnt allowed to park in the lot so really does NOT make sense unless you buy another room. The rooms were nice but wayyyyyyyy over priced!! I was told a price when I booked the room and then when we got to the hotel to check in the price jumped nearly $100.00. At this point we were already there and it was to late to find another hotel to stay at. PLUS there was a $250.00 non-refundable deposit fee that I would have lost if we left. Needless to say this is the last time we were be staying at the Cape Cod Inn and probably the last time we will be going to Wldwood.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the lowest floor because the pool and the mini golf are located in front of...
3 Thank rebecca r

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We spent a week here this summer season and did not enjoy it. Our room was clean and basic and relatively new. Our maid was very nice. They tried to overcharge me at check in. Make sure if you go there you bring your deposit confirmation. The towels were great, really soft.

The mini-golf, pool table and ping-pong were beat up and old. The covered chairs on the upper deck were dirty. When you advertise these as amenties they should be in better shape. Our room that slept 6 had only 5 chairs for the table. We have been traveling to the Wildwoods for many years and I know you can get better for the same price. I would not stay there again. I would rate this an average minus.

3 Thank Maggie T
pride6109, Front Office Manager at Cape Cod Inn Resort Motel, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Sorry the price error was made at your check in, Thank you for bringing it to our attention , We would have been glad to give your family an extra chair in your room.

Thank You for taking the time to write a review .

Cape Cod Inn Motel
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Once again my family and I had a great time at the Cape Cod Inn for our annual week in Wildwood.

If you're expecting a Marriott, it's best you readjust your expectations. It's a Jersey shore motel meaning you need to expect clean, spacious rooms close to the beach and other area attractions. This one is a short one block, three minute walk to the beach and a ten minute walk to the southern end of the famous Wildwood boardwalk, although you'll need to walk another fifteen minutes to get anywhere close to where the action is (something that is true of ALL Wildwood Crest motels).

The rooms are basic but well-maintained and clean. Ours was freshly upgraded with new carpeting, new bathroom and flat screen TV in the front room (back bedrooms still have older non-HD TVs). There was a queen bed in the front room and a twin and queen in the back meaning the room could theoretically sleep five people, but a large family would probably want one of the motel's suites for anything more than a short stay.

As always, the staff was friendly and we experienced no problems at any point during the week. Typical of Wildwood motels, it wasn't luxurious, but you'd be be hard pressed to find a better option in the area when you take into account the condition of the motel and it's proximity to everything.

1 Thank Wildwoodian
Clark, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The staff was very helpful and courteous. The property was kept extremely clean .

1 Thank Jim D
Bloomingburg, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We just returned from a 10 day vacation at this motel. It was wonderful. The entire property is extremely clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful by recommending places to eat and nearby attractions. It is family oriented with ammenities to keep everyone busy.They have a variety of rooms to choose from to accomadate large or small familes. It is one block from the beach and the boardwalk is a short distance. We are looking forward to returning. Barrich

1 Thank barrich5
Milltown, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We have stayed at the Cape Cod Inn on several occasions and we will definitely go back! The rooms at clean, affordable, and the it's one block from the beach.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Gianna H
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My family and I stayed here over the Kabor day week. It was good the first day but the second day the air conditioning did not work well (which isn't that big a deal at that time of year). The thing that really upset me is that I had brought 4 DVDs with me for my children to watch while we were there.I had put them in my toiletries bag and would take one out at a time out. Never all at once. When leaving the room, I would lock up all my valuables in my luggage, including my portable DVD player. I didn't think I had to lock up the DVDs so I left them on the bathroom counter in my toilettries bag. The second day I opened it up to put on The sword and the stone (my fav. Disney movie) and they were gone. Three of my DVDs were gone. The fourth one was still in my DVD layer locked up and safe. Anyway, I knew someone had taken them but I checked every bag, pocket, behind and under things. No stone went unturned. After checking everything, I went to the front desk and told the woman there what had happened and she did not believe or even consider that someone had taken them. She said that that cleaning lady didn't have children. She also questioned why someone would take something as little as DVDs and not a DVD player. That's easy to answer... The DVD player was locked up. After that whole thing happened I couldnt enjoy the rest of my stay. If you stay there just make sure you lock everthing up.

• Stayed September 2011