“wonderful stay”

Cape Cod Inn Resort Motel
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My family and I just returned from a week stay our room was clean children enjoyed golf and very clean pool.Office staff was very helpful with any question or needs Will make this our vacation place each year..

Room Tip: several different size room for everyone needs we looked at

Reviewed 28 August 2012

First off they switched my reservation to a smaller room. The office staff was nasty and told me I didn't know how to read the pictures on their web site. I must have asked them a dozen times to pull up the room descriptions from their web site before they finally did. When I showed them the room that I had booked, they just looked at me and said they don't have any of those rooms available and if I didn't like it I could go somewhere else. There was nowhere else to go on a Friday nite. The rooms were filthy, the bathroom stunk to high heaven. There appeared to be animal droppings behind the dresser, about 3-4 months of uncleaned filth, cheap patch jobs on ceiling with mold. Room key deposits, 25 cents for ice, $3 for pool table with a $10 deposit. Pool closes at 7:30, way too early. I'm not sure that even HOTEL IMPOSSIBLE could help this dump.

Room Tip: Just stay any where but here
8  Thank Mary V
pride6109, Manager at Cape Cod Inn Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

In reference to your review. sorry you were not satisfied on your stay at the Cape Cod Inn Motel. In every room our bathrooms have been newly remodeled with new tile and fixtures this spring of 2012. It was unfair and untrue to say the tie was falling off the wall. The bathrooms are disinfected when housekeeping cleans the room on a daily basis.

As on the sheets you said they had stains, all our linens are from a linen company that services 80% businesses on the seashore coast. I do apologize for the Linen Company. Our housekeeper checks for stains and marks before they make the beds. Our rooms are open for inspection at any time to anyone.

Upon arriving you had personal anger with your family, you made that statement with our office staff. Our pool is controlled with State, County, and Private paid Lab Service and Maintenance Service that keeps a daily log on chemicals. We receive a perfect report every time.

Accordingly to your confirmed reservations upon arrival you stated we switched your room which we did not. You had more guest than you registered for and was not charged.

That was a bad statement to say animal drippings in the dresser draw. This motel is not a Pet Friendly Motel.

You were very nasty to the desk clerks and you returned to apologize and then your sister came in the office to apologized for you also.

Hope this answers your bad review.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

This year we decided to try the Cap Code Inn, as it was several blocks closer too the Boardwalk than we usually stayed. That is all I can say positive, "Its a short walk to the Boardwalk". Our kids were disappointed upon learning we would not be staying at our "Usual" motel, and in looking back we should have heeded their concern.
The Room's were filthy!
Tiles were falling off the shower walls!
Kitchen cabinets, plates and glassware were dirty, and Dish soap was only available for purchas., None was provided in the room, this might seem silly, but I never encountered this in 30+ years of stays in the Wildwood's.
Perhaps the most apaling, is pulling out the sofa bed and finding used, stained sheets, bunched up on the bed. A vist to the office after a long day, simply is met with "I'll let Housekeeping know", and then we are brought a pile a new sheets to ourselves then make the bed.
Daily maid service was maybe 10 min at tops.
Plan on living out of your suitcase as there is minimal dresswer, drawer space.
The grounds are in a state of disrepair, the miniature golf is all torn up in areas.
The BBQ grills are right next too the pool shower, appetizing!
The advertised 'Wireless/WiFi' is almost nonexistent and completely unavailable with the rooms.
Lastly the pool chemicals burned, not just our childrens eyes, but caused skin irritations.
Never again. On our last day we walked acroos the street, visited the motel, toured the rooms and booked for next year..

6  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We normally stay in North Wildwood, but decided to give Wildwood Crest a try. We heard about the Cape Cod thru the internet, (tripadvisor) and was not disappointed. The Inn was very clean, management was friendly and helpful, the layout of the room was accomodating and reasonable priced, the location was about 1/2 block from the beach. The Inn showed a little age, but all in all we would return to the Cape Cod again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sissy B
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We decided to try someplace different and WOW that was a mistake. First of all the room was dirty. The sofa bed had old sheets with blood stains and food wrappers in it. There was trash behind the beds. The room smelled musty. I spent the first day cleaning my room with bleach. I told the staff and was treated with disrespect. The cleaning ladies came too early and when asked to come back I got an attitude. The pool was over chlorinated and therefore difficult to swim in. We will never go back.

6  Thank Mariluz D
pride6109, General Manager at Cape Cod Inn Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Thank You for your review on the Cape Cod Inn Motel. I apoligize for my housekeeper staff. Wish you had reported to front office, we would be happy to give you another room.

By law all pools inspected by state officials and once a week by the Cape May Lab Care. Pool
maintenance person checks pool waters and keeps a log daily. Water is up to code chemicals are state and county regulated.

Hope this has been helpful

Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Cape Cod Inn Motel was a good place to stay the only thing was the back room it was very loud with all the ac's going at night the other thing was the the pool to much chlorine it was very hard to swim in and open your eyes.. The room was very clean, fresh towels everyday close to the beach and boardwalk. We had a wonderful week.

1  Thank marina r
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

The Cape Cod Inn is a hidden gem for families... The rooms are very clean, the property is well kept, & the pool is perfect for cooling off. Close the the beach & boardwalk, the motel offers the full Wildwood Crest experience!

• Stayed: August 2012