“A bit outdated but superb location”

Cara Mara Resort Condominiums
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Location is perfect for the beach and the boardwalk. walking distance to everything, yet in a quiet neighbourhood. looks very mid-70s but it is very cleanand well maintained. Only complains would be sofa bed needs updating (in some rooms I presume as well as appliances but they work.) Game room is a bust-not interesting for kids. Wireless is weak in the rooms. Must be outside on patio for good reception. Note: no room service or gym, so ignore my scores below. Had to put something.

Room Tip: Ask for a more recently innovated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1775Marc

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed and had room 312. It was nice and clean. The kids loved the pool and outdoor area. We made great use of the grills and everything was clean. The beach is right there as is beautiful centenial park where there is entertainment. The staff was friendly as were the cleaning men who did a great job on our room!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Booked an Ocean View suite and upon getting to our room discovered our "ocean" view was a view of the stair well. Checked the back window to see the wall of the next hotel. Lovely. It was too late to complain as the manager left upon giving us our keys. Trying to make the best of it get ready for bed to discover grit and hair on the sheets, making me wonder if they had actually been changed. After one night, woke up congested with a headache and notice "dust" all over my iPad that I was using the night before. Tried to get a glass of water to discover grimy glasses. Yuck. I was't expecting much from a motel, but I do expect honesty and cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SquishyNJ
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Cara Mara again. I was here a few years ago. I noticed a lot of improvements since I was here last. Last time I stayed in Room 301. I had a good experience. I tried to get the same room but it was booked. I understand that the rooms are individually owned. So I asked for a similar room and location when I stayed here last time. I was given Room 302 next door. I was told it was recently upgraded. What a surprise. Flat screen TV's in both rooms. The sofa bed was extremely comfortable for a sofa bed. The view was awesome ! You get a pool view but you can still see the ocean and beach from my room ! There is a park next door and they have concerts which my family and me enjoyed right from our balcony. I understand there are fireworks too sometimes. I was told the motel is constantly undergoing improvements and I could definitely tell. The Cara Mara is not a Hilton or Marriott but thats the beauty of staying in Wildwood Crest at the CaraMara. Its comfortable, casual and family oriented. I've stayed at a few motels in Wildwood Crest over the years. This is the second time I came back, I'll definitely come back again. Ask for one of the same rooms I stayed in before. I would recommend it to my friends. The people at the front desk were also very accommodating too. Loved it. See you next time.

Room Tip: Look for any rooms updated.
2  Thank CasualTraveler63
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We went to Wildwood with family for a tournament. The hotel room had a horrible odor. The couch was dingy and dirty looking. The rug was dirty and dark. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable, the bed had hair in it from previous customers. The blanket had stains and was dingy and when we asked for a new blanket they refused to give a new one. When asked for a new room like the ones advertised in the pictures they refused, said they were for leasing customers. ALL THE ROOMS SHOULD HAVE THE SAME QUALITY. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tyreneeh
Reviewed 13 June 2013

If you are a fan of the 50-60's in Wildwood you will enjoy the Cara Mara Resort. Haven't stayed in Wildwood overnight for about 30+ years when a trip came up last minute with family. The rooms were very nice, clean and the feel that I remember from years ago at the shore. Location was good, just off the beach with about a 1/3 mile to the boardwalk. The rooms were individually decorated as they are a Condo and owned by various individuals. Supposed to sleep 6 but that would have been tight. What we had word very well for 3 people.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms in the middle had good views
1  Thank Schwenksville220
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel itself is OK, staff is nice, location is OK, BUT be prepared.. the doors are closed after aprox 10 at night, so if you are planning a late arrival, it's very possible that you will not get in till next morning. The room has a fridge, TV and coffee machine (everything old, but OK), however no plastic cups or a glass to even brush your teeth. I couldn't understand what's the point of having a coffee machine in a room, if there is no cups, I am not even talking about a coffee or tea bag. Nothing in the bathroom, except towels and 2 little soaps, no little shampoo, lotion or anything else, that all the hotels always have. The room service only take out the trash and bring new towels, they didn't even do beds. BTW, I had the cheapest room, but it still was over $400 (with tax) for 4 nights, you don't expect this level of service for this money

3  Thank Gringusha