“updated , great pool.small rooms”
Review of Park Lane Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Lane Resort
Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I am a wildwood expert. have stayed in many different motels/resorts in the past 15 years. This motel was clean , pretty updated compared to thers. kitchen was new tiles in living room.pool was great, but sun did not shine on pool all day, around 4 the pool was only partly sunny ..the owner Jim and his wife were both pleasant. He runs a tight ship but I liked that! They had a flower pot with sand outside each room for smokers . beds were comfortable. The place was quite walls in rooms were not paper thin as some others. complaints are only , no elevator, and room with kitchen had no mirror! this drove me crazy! only mirror was in small bathroom also only one dresser in two bedrooms. rooms were smaller than most efficeincy units we have stayed in the past, but I will take that over dirty and noisy anyday! .

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank mamamia2349

Reviewed 19 May 2010

The hotel is a no-frills kind of place, so if you're expecting it to be a 5 star resort you will be disappointed. However, my family and I have stayed at the Park Lane for the past 8+ years a couple weeks every summer and we have no complaints. For one, it is spotlessly clean and the staff work really hard, including the manager. Contrary to some of the other reviews, I found the manager to be extremely professional and hard working, not at all rude. He isn't extremely friendly, but he is more than willing to accomodate whatever you ask for. The pool is great and the Ocean and beach are right across the street. There are quite a few good places to eat around the motel and it's really not too far from the boardwalk (probably 5-10 min walk). I give it a 5 star rating for what it is, because you cannot beat the Park Lane if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, beach vacation. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to stay in Wildwood.

1  Thank slhannold
Reviewed 14 September 2009

One thing I must say, the place is immaculate. It is constantly being cleaned. Even if you are sitting in a chair, reading a book, and that is their time to clean, too bad for you. If you move a chair and then have to go to the bathroom, leaving your things behind, by the time you get back, the chair will be in it's original position and your things will be somewhere else. All of us have rules about no glass around a pool for the obvious reasons and we all AGREE with those rules BUT, at the Park Lane, don't dare step out of your room for a second or "dear ole Jim" is behind you reprimanding you. We all also have the same feelings about safety around a pool. Which of us wants to take our child to the ER for a split head or worse? When 1 of our children stuck his legs over the sliding board the FIRST time, Jim was at him BEFORE he even hit the water. Speaking of that sliding board, it's really positioned quite dangerously & it's amazing no one has gotten hurt yet although, maybe Jim just scares them away. No one was around on this rainy weekend and 2 of our kids were playing with a small nerf ball in the pool and that too he disapproved of. Our family took up, I believe, 19 rooms. It was a rainy, cold weekend. We got charged a rate HIGHER THEN THE BROCHURE because, according to Jim, it was the Biker's weekend and he can charge "WHAT HE WANTS" because he doesn't belong to any of the organizations governing any of the hotels/motels in the area. The brochure said the motel room (sleeps 4) should have been $84/night. I was charged $99/night for the 1st 2 people then $10/night for each additional person then, of course 14% tax. We paid him all this money and our kids were so restricted on a rainy, empty weekend. Then, one of the children is wheelchair bound. He rocks and sometimes we don't always catch him fast enough before he hits something. Well, he touched the plexiglass pool enclosure and no sooner did he do that then "dear ole Jim" was there telling us to "control" him. The child has Cerebral Palsy and ALL of us were watching him but sometimes you can't always catch everything. Jim could CARE LESS !!! His ONLY concern is how his PRECIOUS Park Lane Resort looks. We began feeling that we were living in a George Orvall book with Big Brother watching over us. We even started looking for the monitors. How did he know & see everything we were doing and be on top of us so fast? Although, as best we can tell, he didn't mess much with the bikers who were att he hotel at the time, especially the ones on the 3rd floor who came in with, at least, 4 fishing coolers and an assortment of "other" things. The smell of "dope" was evident even passing under their room on the 2nd floor but, then again, you can't SEE that. I also was upset at paying SO MUCH for a room that was right where the 2nd floor sun deck is yet, at night, it's roped off. It's a VERY nice area to have a quiet nice peaceful chilling time where you can just watch the stars and relax. DON'T DARE to cross the barracade!!! Your foot will barely be on the floor when Jim will be at your back reprimanding you. We swear he has it wired. My 82 year old uncle was looking for signs of it and the monitors. We were there with a large group, so that means a lot of people who LIKE each other. We ALSO just buried, on Tuesday, one of the people who was supposed to be with us on this trip. When you get a large group of people together, even if each is speaking quietly, the volume is going to go up. What did Jim expect? At times, we may have been load but no loader then the bikers driving by all night long !!! We also had children who were sleeping so we were quite aware of the noise volumes. The bottom line is------It is a very nice, clean place with a pretty nice view. If you are a Senior Citizen who does not make any noise, this is the place for you. If you are anyone who doesn't like to make any noise and you stay indoors and watch TV while on vacation, this is the place for you. If you are a family who have children that have no "fun" in them, then they'll be ok here as well. Watch the laughter level, it may upset Jim. When asked if he had any children, he said with a very hard frown "NO" !!! I guess that should have told us something. If you don't mind rude people, this is the place for you. If you don't mind paying a lot of money for a place, this is the place for you. If your ONLY concern is a clean place, Park Lane Resort is an excellent choice !!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
14  Thank mcaby
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I just would like to say a couple of words: clean and nice! We had terrific time. Management was very nice and friendly. They provided us with the all info about the restaurants and entertaiment. I and my husband loved that we had everything what was promissed: clean room, large pool, free parking, piece at night, wireless internet, in-room safe. It is the best place if you have kids. There is a kiddy pool and nice and Safe! glass railings. And the room service was very good.
Place is great! A plus to management!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank JF555973
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Just came back, it was my first time at the Park Lane. I've found this place online. I've read the reviews before to book, was a bit confused, but I am soooo happy I went. It was my best stay in Wildwood (been going for 15 years). The place is nicer in person than on the pictures of the web-site. Clean rooms, large pool, nice view, friendly people!
Now... At first I was confused about some reviews here. Some people don't like that they have rules in Park Lane. But it's all common sense - no glass outdoors. Why?! People, it is our own children and us walking around barefoot!!! One glass bottle can ruin vacation for the whole place. I loved clean balconies and didn't mind when I was asked to keep my beach chairs in the car. I enjoyed peaceful nights and always had a parking spot. I did not have to worry about anything, felt safe and comfortable. Would recommend it for someone who is looking to relax and enjoy there vacation, but not to those who are looking for party attmosphere.

2  Thank AAABOB_9
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I've been going to Wildwood Crest for vacation since I was an infant (early 1960's) Initially, I traveled with my immediate family, later, as a teen with friends and family and then as an adult with my wife and sons (who are older now). We often traveled with some extended family as well (parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc). I've watched as the Wildwoods have changed over time and have stayed in many different hotels, motels, condos & apartments, some good, some not.

About 10-11 years ago, after a disappointing stay at a hotel that will remain nameless, we decided to try the Park Lane after a recommendation from a friend. We’ve since returned every year, and because our extended family also stays we’ve had over 35-39 family members staying there at one time. Everyone enjoys the comfortable modern clean rooms, the spotless saltwater pool (largest hotel/motel pool I’ve ever seen in the Wildwoods), the spotless deck and lounge chairs and the convenient location (1 block from beach with views from 2nd & 3rd floor balconies and sun deck) and walking distance to boardwalk.

But most importantly, our family appreciates the “family atmosphere” at the Park Lane.
The owner, Jim, strives to maintain a safe, clean resort where families can relax and feel comfortable and not be kept awake by all-night parties (something I’ve experienced at a previous motel). This means that at times Jim will remind people not to bring glass bottles near the pool (and give them a plastic cup to pour into) or asks children not to hang over balcony railings for their safety. All good sound safety and business practices for a good hotel owner. But most importantly, he creates a calm, enjoyable, safe atmosphere for families to enjoy their vacation.

Lastly, let me say that I’ve stayed at places in WWC that were much more expensive but didn’t deliver any of the above as well as Jim and the courteous Park Lane staff. The room attendants are courteous and prompt. They even hold a weekly movie night on the patio for families.

So if you are a family looking for the type of relaxing vacation I just described, I highly recommend that you try the Park Lane

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2009

When you are on vacation it's nice to relax with family and friends without being watched by the manager/owner every moment. You begin to feel your every move is monitored. There are absolutely no signs letting you know adults can't use the pool slide or what kind of containers beverages must be in. The 2nd floor sun deck is roped off every night. There are so many rules you begin to feel like you are a child in school. We are adults but yet had to ask to have our room phone activated. This should be a given and not something you would have to ask for. Parking is another part of the hotel that was uncomfortable. You are entitled to one spot a unit. If you change cars management does not like that and displays their annoyed look/tone.
Overall the hotel is clean and would be great if Management Changed!

5  Thank NewJerseyNorstar